RIRA Checkpoints

Started by CĂșig huaire, August 26, 2009, 11:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 01, 2009, 01:18:57 PM
Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 09:44:59 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 31, 2009, 03:20:39 PM
Quote from: Bing Crosby . on August 31, 2009, 03:15:13 PM

Young soldiers stationed because of their whacked out politacal masters should not feel under threat from late teens and early twenty year old psychopathatic drug addicts with guns.   Who do these kids represent ? Not me and that's for sure . You know as well as I that these Brittish soldiers couldn't give a flying f**k about war or invasions , they join the army for a job and an income , basically financial security .
These f**king RIRA idiots should be all castrated and then chop their f**king hands and legs off .  What do they actually think they're going to achieve ?  They're plainly in it for their own financial gain .  Criminal drug addict psychopathic scum is all they are and everybody knows it  .  When you get older you'll learn to see through the likes of these self deluders .

While I have no time for the real IRA your attempts to paint soldiers as young innocents is ridiculous, they're soldiers!!!!

Bollix pints, the average brit soldier is a f**king gimp that would be lucky to point out ireland on a map. They sign up to do a job for "their" country. Its a pity ours cannot afford us the same opportunities.
They sign up to be soldiers, whether they can point out Ireland on a map or not is irrelevant, they are soldiers!!
"..and if a terrorist sc**bag decides to take them out, then good enough for them"
I take it that's your point about soldiers.

pintsofguinness

Well it's not that it's "good enough for them" hound, I'm just saying they cant be painted as being innocent as you would a civillian, they are f**king soldiers! They knew what they were signing up to! If an IRA member was shot who here would describe them as being innocent?

This "innocent young lad" rubbish about soldiers is absurd. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

SidelineKick

Quote from: Hound on September 01, 2009, 01:26:15 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 01, 2009, 01:18:57 PM
Quote from: man in black on September 01, 2009, 09:44:59 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 31, 2009, 03:20:39 PM
Quote from: Bing Crosby . on August 31, 2009, 03:15:13 PM

Young soldiers stationed because of their whacked out politacal masters should not feel under threat from late teens and early twenty year old psychopathatic drug addicts with guns.   Who do these kids represent ? Not me and that's for sure . You know as well as I that these Brittish soldiers couldn't give a flying f**k about war or invasions , they join the army for a job and an income , basically financial security .
These f**king RIRA idiots should be all castrated and then chop their f**king hands and legs off .  What do they actually think they're going to achieve ?  They're plainly in it for their own financial gain .  Criminal drug addict psychopathic scum is all they are and everybody knows it  .  When you get older you'll learn to see through the likes of these self deluders .

While I have no time for the real IRA your attempts to paint soldiers as young innocents is ridiculous, they're soldiers!!!!

Bollix pints, the average brit soldier is a f**king gimp that would be lucky to point out ireland on a map. They sign up to do a job for "their" country. Its a pity ours cannot afford us the same opportunities.
They sign up to be soldiers, whether they can point out Ireland on a map or not is irrelevant, they are soldiers!!
"..and if a terrorist sc**bag decides to take them out, then good enough for them"
I take it that's your point about soldiers.

What makes the "terrorist" any more of a scum bag than if the soldier was to go and shoot dead someone in Iraq.  Do you think everyone that is killed in Iraq is guilty? Do you think all the deaths here by British soldiers were justified?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Hound

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 01, 2009, 01:28:57 PM
Well it's not that it's "good enough for them" hound, I'm just saying they cant be painted as being innocent as you would a civillian, they are f**king soldiers! They knew what they were signing up to! If an IRA member was shot who here would describe them as being innocent?

They might know what they are signing up for when they get posted to Iraq, but I'd be pretty positive the lads over here had (at least until recently) no idea whatsover that some people regard them as legitimate targets for attacks. Its not as if the soldiers are allowed go and round up RIRA members.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Hound on September 01, 2009, 01:42:56 PM

They might know what they are signing up for when they get posted to Iraq, but I'd be pretty positive the lads over here had (at least until recently) no idea whatsover that some people regard them as legitimate targets for attacks. Its not as if the soldiers are allowed go and round up RIRA members.

No that's the police's job and they still manage to fcuk that up, lifting people with no evidence or just lazily lifting the same old faces, it's not like they don't have decent intel.
Tbc....

SidelineKick

Even though you and I and everyone else in the country knew that dissidents still posed a serious threat?  Did the IMC not say something along those lines? If we were able to know I would like to think the soldiers themselves would know.

You're talking nonsense I'm afraid. The sympathy level remains at zero.

Reported.

pintsofguinness

Well if they didnt someone failed them badly as you'd expect that to be in their training, not to mention the fact that they were put on high alert days before the attack as they were expecting something from the RIRA

stew

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on September 01, 2009, 01:46:10 PM

No that's the police's job and they still manage to fcuk that up, lifting people with no evidence or just lazily lifting the same old faces, it's not like they don't have decent intel.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

orangeman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 01, 2009, 01:59:31 PM

Well if they didnt someone failed them badly as you'd expect that to be in their training, not to mention the fact that they were put on high alert days before the attack as they were expecting something from the RIRA

Can you imagine how lax things must have been if thy were supposed to be on "high alert" that Saturday night ?

Maguire01

What's the story on the police these days then? Are they still 'legitimate targets'? Or are they now 'innocent'?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 01, 2009, 05:48:11 PM

What's the story on the police these days then? Are they still 'legitimate targets'? Or are they now 'innocent'?
I'd say they're legitimate targets for anyone who wants to shoot at them, like the soldiers they know what they're signing up to. 

SidelineKick

They are still aware of the dangers of joining the cops. It is far from a normal police force and the fact that it was so widely reported that dissidents were posing a threat, then cops too are fully aware of what they are getting themslelves into.

PS I did not agree with the killing of that last cop. Merely making an observation as I see it.

Reported.

Maguire01

Quote from: SidelineKick on September 01, 2009, 05:52:55 PM

They are still aware of the dangers of joining the cops. It is far from a normal police force and the fact that it was so widely reported that dissidents were posing a threat, then cops too are fully aware of what they are getting themslelves into.

PS I did not agree with the killing of that last cop. Merely making an observation as I see it.
But you were happy enough with all the previous ones?

Maguire01

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 01, 2009, 05:50:31 PM

I'd say they're legitimate targets for anyone who wants to shoot at them, like the soldiers they know what they're signing up to.

Quote from: SidelineKick on September 01, 2009, 05:52:55 PM

I realise that they're fully aware of the dangers they're going to be faced with. I was just wondering whether republicans (and not just the RIRA variety - some of the supposedly more moderate posters on this board) were making any distinction now between the police and the army.

Puckoon

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 01, 2009, 05:50:31 PM

:o
If youre happy enough to live in a lawless wild west society. What exactly makes a policeman/woman a legitimate target?