Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 27, 2009, 04:30:40 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on August 27, 2009, 04:27:14 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on August 27, 2009, 04:17:53 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on August 27, 2009, 03:48:33 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on August 27, 2009, 03:35:59 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on August 27, 2009, 01:59:44 PM
I don't think JFK had time for any 2nd thoughts about Vietnam  ::), he was assasinated you know.
Remind me again who it was made the following comment in post #27?
"does history not say he [JFK] was considering pulling out of Vietnam also before his untimely death"   :D

You are not as stupid as we like to think you are, that you would read everything I say literally, if you had the wherewithal to consider my point, history has judged that JFK's untimely demise meant he could never see through any troop withdrawals he may have been considering - i.e he never had the opportunity to carry this out = his 2nd thoughts and lack of time to carry them out because - now let me spell this out - he was killed, a bullet in the head would soon stop you having second thoughts I would daresay  :D :D - its easy to apply these on my posts too.  Some people just fail to see it, well done wee lad, keep up.  if it takes you the guts of an hour to srutinise my post for any chink of light it shows how desperate you are to save this sinking ship.
Doogie,
That attempt to make up for being caught out is like shitting the bed, then trying to kick it out with your heel - it only makes you look even more stupid.

Take a break, it'll soon be forgotten.
We are used to this mentality from Unionism over the years, always seeking the final word and trying to trample over everyone in their way, they can never accept their own shortcomings.  You have done a good job of highlighting your own today, I have enjoyed it  ;)
Relax son  ;)
Shitting the bed, trying to kick it out with your heel and using your last clean towel to try and clean up the mess the next morning.

Quit when you're behind, for God's sake!   :D

So it is a race?  Ah, I gettit.  Unionist supremacy at work again.  Thanks!  It appears you have used said towel to wipe your face and the shit has got in your eyes, a shit-head I suppose you could be called  :D

Evil Genius

Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2009, 04:33:58 PM
QuoteConsidering my people were in Ireland over a decade before the "Mayflower" even set sail,

You introduced the concept of time spent by your ancestors in a country as a measurement. You even introduced decades as a unit of that measurement.

1,500 years is a lot of decades.

So if your argument trumps Ted Kennedy, using conventional historical wisdom I trump by 150 to 1 and that is ignoring modern wisdom which knock your argument for 6 (couldn't resist a empirical cliche).
Righto so. You can stay in Ireland, but we Planters must go back to Scotland etc.

And 400 million Americans, Canadians and Mexicans must go back to Europe, Africa, Asia and God Knows Where Else.

Wise old owl, was Teddy... ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: Doogie Browser on August 27, 2009, 04:35:14 PM
I don't think JFK had time for any 2nd thoughts about Vietnam  ::), he was assasinated you know.
"does history not say he [JFK] was considering pulling out of Vietnam also before his untimely death"   :D

You are not as stupid as we like to think you are, that you would read everything I say literally, if you had the wherewithal to consider my point, history has judged that JFK's untimely demise meant he could never see through any troop withdrawals he may have been considering - i.e he never had the opportunity to carry this out = his 2nd thoughts and lack of time to carry them out because - now let me spell this out - he was killed, a bullet in the head would soon stop you having second thoughts I would daresay  :D :D - its easy to apply these on my posts too.  Some people just fail to see it, well done wee lad, keep up.  if it takes you the guts of an hour to srutinise my post for any chink of light it shows how desperate you are to save this sinking ship.
Doogie,
That attempt to make up for being caught out is like shitting the bed, then trying to kick it out with your heel - it only makes you look even more stupid.

We are used to this mentality from Unionism over the years, always seeking the final word and trying to trample over everyone in their way, they can never accept their own shortcomings.  You have done a good job of highlighting your own today, I have enjoyed it  ;)
Relax son  ;)
Shitting the bed, trying to kick it out with your heel and using your last clean towel to try and clean up the mess the next morning.

So it is a race?  Ah, I gettit.  Unionist supremacy at work again.  Thanks!  It appears you have used said towel to wipe your face and the shit has got in your eyes, a shit-head I suppose you could be called  :D

OK, you win. Now go and clean yourself up.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 27, 2009, 04:48:45 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on August 27, 2009, 04:35:14 PM

Doogie,

Relax son  ;)

OK, you win. Now go and clean yourself up.
Its not about winning or losing EG, you need to realise that  ;)

muppet

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 27, 2009, 04:47:47 PM
QuoteConsidering my people were in Ireland over a decade before the "Mayflower" even set sail,

You introduced the concept of time spent by your ancestors in a country as a measurement. You even introduced decades as a unit of that measurement.

So if your argument trumps Ted Kennedy, using conventional historical wisdom I trump by 150 to 1 and that is ignoring modern wisdom which knock your argument for 6 (couldn't resist a empirical cliche).
Righto so. You can stay in Ireland, but we Planters must go back to Scotland etc.

And 400 million Americans, Canadians and Mexicans must go back to Europe, Africa, Asia and God Knows Where Else.

I never said anything like that did I?

Just send your flags and you administrative umbilical chord back.
MWWSI 2017

Evil Genius

Quote from: Doogie Browser on August 27, 2009, 04:54:29 PM

Its not about winning or losing,
Well you would say that, wouldn't you?
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2009, 04:55:05 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on August 27, 2009, 04:47:47 PM

I never said anything like that did I?

No, but Teddy did, you see. You know, Senator (Sir) Edward Kennedy, the subject of this thread.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

magpie seanie

Not getting involved with the other, I'll pay my own tribute. Ted Kennedy was not without his flaws but I think over the course of his political career did a hell of a lot more good than bad. I wonder how different the world would be if his brother(s) had lived to his age.

They will always be remembered fondly in Ireland despite all the begrudgery.

Evil Genius

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 27, 2009, 05:02:40 PM
They [Kennedys] will always be remembered fondly in Ireland
Correction: They will always be remembered fondly in parts of Ireland.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

stew

Quote from: Orior on August 26, 2009, 09:41:56 PM
A fine man - just the one blemish.

QuoteI swam to the shore, but didnt feel like phoning the police or telling the parents that their daughter ha drowned until the next morning

1) Can anyone understand why he did that?
2) Would anyone else get away with it?

No & NO.

I will say nothing else on Kennedy because I have little constructive to say about the man.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Main Street

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 27, 2009, 05:59:22 PM
I suspect, as usual, that you have been doing way too much fondling of your own parts yourself.

magickingdom

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 27, 2009, 05:59:22 PM

parts of ireland are still in ireland :D

i tell you what ted kennedy did for ireland and a time when ireland was not treated as a partner in the north by britian, he plagued ronald regan to make margaret thatcher to sign the anglo irish agreement which went against everything she preached. that anglo irish agreement led us to where we are today. maggie was willing to sell her soul for regans approval and she did. .

Aerlik

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 27, 2009, 12:57:27 PM

Ah right, the same JFK who took the USA into Vietnam.
[/quote]

It was Eisenhower that brought the Yanks into Vietnam, not JFK.  During the French-IndoChina Wars from 1946 to 1954, the OSS/CIA/USA aided the French both with intelligence and logistics.  In 1956 it was the Americans who backed the puppet regime of Ngo Diem which rejected the national elections knowing that Ho Chi Minh and the Viet Minh would comprehensively win, and they helped to crush the pro-unification demonstrations and foil plots.  The CIA are known to have bought off or intimidated Diem's domestic opposition.  It was the USA which kept Diem in power with financial aid until his assassination in 1963 less than three weeks before JFK died. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

pintsofguinness

I can't be bothered reading the poliitcal stuff but RIP Ted Kennedy.

A man who may have made mistakes but, like most of his family, spent all his life using his power, money and influence to try and help those less fortunate than him.

"I think about my brothers every day ... They set high standards. Sometimes you measure up, sometimes you don't."
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Evil Genius

Quote from: Aerlik on August 28, 2009, 07:04:48 AM
Quote from: Evil Genius on August 27, 2009, 12:57:27 PM
Ah right, the same JFK who took the USA into Vietnam.

It was Eisenhower that brought the Yanks into Vietnam, not JFK.  During the French-IndoChina Wars from 1946 to 1954, the OSS/CIA/USA aided the French both with intelligence and logistics.  In 1956 it was the Americans who backed the puppet regime of Ngo Diem which rejected the national elections knowing that Ho Chi Minh and the Viet Minh would comprehensively win, and they helped to crush the pro-unification demonstrations and foil plots.  The CIA are known to have bought off or intimidated Diem's domestic opposition.  It was the USA which kept Diem in power with financial aid until his assassination in 1963 less than three weeks before JFK died.

Boy, you certainly caught me out there! How could I have made such a mistake? I mean to say, it's not as if I was referring to some crazy notion like eg that it was JFK who brought the US Army  into Vietnam, was it?

Oh and btw, am I correct in saying that there were troops from your adopted country, Australia, who fought in Vietnam as well? If I am, then perhaps you should write to your Head of State to complain. ;)

Then again, maybe my memory is playing up, and it wasn't JFK who sent the Marines into Vietnam, but instead was Anton Rogan?  :D
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"