RTE Player

Started by holylandsniper, August 26, 2009, 12:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holylandsniper

Any1 no how to transfer a clip from rte player to youtube?

AbbeySider

Quote from: holylandsniper on August 26, 2009, 12:20:45 PM
Any1 no how to transfer a clip from rte player to youtube?

First you need to download a stream ripper, convert the stream to mp4 or whatever.
Keep the frame rate down.
Keep the clip time shorter than 10 minutes and do the upload to youtube.

holylandsniper

Forgot to say 1 problem i acnt access it here - RTE has it blocked for me

Nally Stand

Anyone know how to get around the regional block on RTE Player. Lot of shows can't be watched in the six counties  >:(
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

laoislad

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 03, 2013, 01:29:03 PM
Anyone know how to get around the regional block on RTE Player. Lot of shows can't be watched in the six counties  >:(
Move to Ireland.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Nally Stand

Quote from: laoislad on January 03, 2013, 01:31:29 PM
Move to Ireland.

That's my pickle though, I do live in Ireland (further north than Queen's County) but I still can't access it.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 03, 2013, 01:37:35 PM
Move to Ireland.

That's my pickle though, I do live in Ireland (further north than Queen's County) but I still can't access it.
Nally is it not that geoblocking is on some programmes due to programming rights agreements  rather than a blanket ban on 6 counties access. I could be wrong but if that were the case then maybe RTE have little control over it.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 03, 2013, 02:00:48 PM
Move to Ireland.

Nally is it not that geoblocking is on some programmes due to programming rights agreements  rather than a blanket ban on 6 counties access. I could be wrong but if that were the case then maybe RTE have little control over it.

I'd say it is something like that alright, just wondering is there any way around it. Tried one or two proxy sites but to no avail!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 03, 2013, 02:02:32 PM
Move to Ireland.

I'd say it is something like that alright, just wondering is there any way around it. Tried one or two proxy sites but to no avail!
Can't help but keep us posted!

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 03, 2013, 02:45:56 PM
Move to Ireland.

Always welcome in Free Laois to come and watch it whenever you want.
We accept all nationalities in Laois.

Nally Stand

Quote from: laoislad on January 03, 2013, 02:52:25 PM
Move to Ireland.

That anywhere near Queen's County?

laoislad

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 03, 2013, 03:09:48 PM
Move to Ireland.

Sure you know as well as I do it's one and the same.
Nationwide had a segment about it a while back. You could watch it on the RTE Player.
Oh wait....no you can't...  ;)

Nally Stand

Quote from: laoislad on January 03, 2013, 03:21:15 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on January 03, 2013, 03:09:48 PM
Move to Ireland.

Sure you know as well as I do it's one and the same.
Nationwide had a segment about it a while back. You could watch it on the RTE Player.
Oh wait....no you can't...  ;)

...but a lot still can. Nationwide, it seems, actually is one of the shows which can be viewed nation wide. Though I assure you, I have no intention of watching any shows about Queen's County any time soon!

Minder

Nally it seems to be a rights issue, I missed the last episode of Homeland on RTE a few weeks ago and tried to watch it on RTE player but it was blocked, presumably because it is also shown in the north on Channel 4.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Nally Stand

Quote from: Minder on January 03, 2013, 03:32:34 PM
Nally it seems to be a rights issue, I missed the last episode of Homeland on RTE a few weeks ago and tried to watch it on RTE player but it was blocked, presumably because it is also shown in the north on Channel 4.

Ah I'd say that's all it is alright, seems there's no way around it... cheers anyway!