Sky tv

Started by tyrone girl, August 26, 2009, 09:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Other halfs on about getting sky into his house, only thing is he has no landline and isnt fussed on getting one as has no need for it. Am i correct in thinking though you have to have a landline in with bt or whoever before u can get connected to sky? Any thoughts?

He isnt actually overly fussed on getting sky anyway , its me yapping at him to do it and if he has to get phone line he prob wont bother his arse   :-\

Galwaybhoy

We have Sky and while we also have a landline its not connected to Sky (anything I want to order I have to ring for I cant do it with my control), so if Sky can run properly without a landline I don't see why you need one to get Sky.

nrico2006

You dont need the phoneline, they will charge £20 to come out and do something to it that needs done but thats it. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Overthebar!

just moved into a new place in belfast and we are looking to get sky,internet and phone all in one. only thing is there is no signal for the dish.
the hoor says we can put it on another apartment a few doors down and run a cable if they allow it. not to mention he is looking £200 installation, anyone know anyways round this?

Farrandeelin

Sorry for dragging this thread up again. I'm thinking of getting sky into the house myself. The parents aren't happy though but I'm just wondering what is the fee? Would €40 per month  get you the sports package? I was told it would. We have a dish because the old fella cancelled it a few years ago.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 22, 2009, 08:48:50 PM
Sorry for dragging this thread up again. I'm thinking of getting sky into the house myself. The parents aren't happy though but I'm just wondering what is the fee? Would €40 per month  get you the sports package? I was told it would. We have a dish because the old fella cancelled it a few years ago.
They'll stick a new dish up anyway I believe. Check their website for prices you lazy hoor, but 40 would prob get you sports plus another couple of packages.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 22, 2009, 08:55:56 PM
They'll stick a new dish up anyway I believe. Check their website for prices you lazy hoor, but 40 would prob get you sports plus another couple of packages.

That'd help alright! :D

tyrone girl

Tis 45.50 i think for everything - all packages though they seem to start at 18.50 ie the basic package then u can add sports and movies after that. Cost him only 30 quid to get it installed, he got the sky plus box free and then the fella we bought it off told us to say we had phone line ordered so it saved us the manual activation fee.

Norf Tyrone

If you want to save a few quid you can actually just get SS1 on its own for £10 sterling on top of the basic pack. Not sure how much it saves, but 80% of the live footy is on SS1.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Aerlik

Oh dear, more commoners sucked into the info warfare trap and propoganda machine that is Rupert Murdoch.  Murdoch and his mob are the biggest threats to truth in this world.  Think very carefully...do you want to want to be able to think for yourself, or will you (in time) become another Bill O'Reilly junkie? 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Archie Mitchell

Sky+ is probably one of the greatest inventions of the last number of years. It's just behind the iPhone in my opinion.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Aerlik on November 23, 2009, 02:45:14 AM
Oh dear, more commoners sucked into the info warfare trap and propoganda machine that is Rupert Murdoch.  Murdoch and his mob are the biggest threats to truth in this world.  Think very carefully...do you want to want to be able to think for yourself, or will you (in time) become another Bill O'Reilly junkie?
Are you drunk?

ziggysego

Quote from: Aerlik on November 23, 2009, 02:45:14 AM

Do what I do, avoid Sky News.
Testing Accessibility

Onion Bag

I got Sky plus installed a few weeks back, brilliant job,

yes there is a phone line installed but we didnt bother plugging a phone into it, so we have Broadband and the Sky Plus, you dont have to use the phone line
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Farrandeelin

Now, now, I know what Murdich is like. But I just want it for the soccer games instead of having to go to the pub all the time Utd are playing. Jeez, ye're going to reply I'm awful lazy now! :D