Alan O'Connor sending off.

Started by mournerambler, August 23, 2009, 04:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: thewobbler on August 23, 2009, 06:43:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyEgK0UOfnk

About 1.30 in.

He went in, lost balance, but kept his momentum going to ensure he stopped the man. That's a deliberate foul, taken in the knowledge that he couldn't win the ball.

If that's not a yellow card (and a dangerous act), then you fellas must be made of steel and have stones the size of footballs.

Incredibly all 3 pundits disagree with you.
MWWSI 2017

thewobbler

The ones on BBC NI didn't. Whether that's a recommendation or not I don't know.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteThe ones on BBC NI didn't. Whether that's a recommendation or not I don't know.

No it isn't.

Jinxy

Quote from: thewobbler on August 23, 2009, 07:07:54 PM
The ones on BBC NI didn't. Whether that's a recommendation or not I don't know.

They have an anti-southern bias.  ;)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Even though Bannon is a useless yoke of a Ref ( and loves Galway the priorite b****x)  the first yeallow looked a correct enough decision in real time.
The second was a disgrace but then this man and McQuillan will soon have all physical contact banned from football.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Highlander3

I have to agree with what a few others said here, if i was a ref i would have given the first yellow the ref does not have the benefit of replay, but the 2nd one was a joke, and i thought Spillane was totally wrong on his rant about Mulligan diving on that play.

passedit

Don't Panic

Hardy

saffron sam2

Surprised at the abuse Mugsy is getting here. I thought he was blameless for the second yellow.

Quote from: passedit on August 23, 2009, 08:03:22 PM
Canty shudda walked as well.

Canty knew, as did the rest of Cork, (and indeed all seasoned observers of Mr Bannon) that there wasn't a chance in hell of a second red being issued.

Canty and Miskella can't complain if they miss the final, but with the Wig that is unlikely.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on August 23, 2009, 07:03:14 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 23, 2009, 06:43:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyEgK0UOfnk

About 1.30 in.

He went in, lost balance, but kept his momentum going to ensure he stopped the man. That's a deliberate foul, taken in the knowledge that he couldn't win the ball.

If that's not a yellow card (and a dangerous act), then you fellas must be made of steel and have stones the size of footballs.

Incredibly all 3 pundits disagree with you.

Does spillane qualify as a pundit?

passedit

In fairness sam no ref would have been any different. Not since john off's performance and subsequent treatment in 1983. Cork well knew this and worked it well.
Don't Panic

saffron sam2

Agree with you passedit, but unfortunately both of us are talking nonsense.

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 23, 2009, 06:20:59 PM
As regards Cork's "tactic" of roughing up Tyrone in the second half because they knew the ref wouldn't send another man off, catch a grip lads!  I wonder sometimes if some people on here have ever been involved in a football match.  I have never been in a changing room where a manager has turned round and said right lads we can push the limits here as he won't send anyone more off.  I would have heard that certain refs will let ypu away with more, but to suggest that it was a conscious tactic is pure nonsense.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

orangeman

Quote from: saffron sam2 on August 23, 2009, 08:11:40 PM
Surprised at the abuse Mugsy is getting here. I thought he was blameless for the second yellow.

Quote from: passedit on August 23, 2009, 08:03:22 PM
Canty shudda walked as well.

Canty knew, as did the rest of Cork, (and indeed all seasoned observers of Mr Bannon) that there wasn't a chance in hell of a second red being issued.

Canty and Miskella can't complain if they miss the final, but with the Wig that is unlikely.

I hope they all take their place in the final. From where I was sitting Miskella slapped Mc Guigan and given Brian's past eye trouble I don't think his reaction was designed to get Miskella sent off.

passedit

Bc no one is suggesting it went up on the white board. Any footballer worth his salt knows how far he can go. O connor's sending off gave the cork lads carte blanc and they  took it,(as you or I would have)
Don't Panic

orangeman

Very harsh sending off. Bannon had a bad day - could be his last. What age is he ?

Mc Eneaney a shoe in for the final ?