Alan O'Connor sending off.

Started by mournerambler, August 23, 2009, 04:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mournerambler

Another piece of Tyrone diving which could cost Cork an All-Ireland title, a total injustice in my opinion.

RedandGreenSniper

Will ya keep it on the match thread. No need for multiple threads.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

stpauls

Quote from: mournerambler on August 23, 2009, 04:18:03 PM
Another piece of Tyrone diving which could cost Cork an All-Ireland title, a total injustice in my opinion.

more like a very stupid mistake from Bannon!! he has been a disaster from the start!!

Maguire01

Hardly needs another thread though, does it?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 23, 2009, 04:21:38 PM
Hardly needs another thread though, does it?
No, tyrone diving is old news.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

DUBSFORSAM1

Can anyone honestly say they are in anyway surprised to see Tyrone diving and cheating???

INDIANA

First was a yellow the 2nd wasn't. And I didn't think Mulligan dived- just a rank bad decison.

DUBSFORSAM1

First you could see he had slipped and wasn't even trying to tackle....Mulligan did a triple salko for heavens sake at a tiny touch...

thewobbler

There's no professional foul in Gaelic football, but if a man is motoring past you at speed and you take him out with your legs, then it surely has to be a yellow card, regardless of intent.
Otherwise you're just giving the thuggish side of our game a stick to hit the rest with.

As for the second one, it was harsh - but to be honest by that stage Cork had taken so many Tyrone men out off the ball, that one of them deserved a yellow card.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 23, 2009, 05:00:52 PM
Can anyone honestly say they are in anyway surprised to see Tyrone diving and cheating???

Not a bit.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

JMohan

Wise up
Bitterness doesn't suit you

Hardy

Quote from: thewobbler on August 23, 2009, 05:27:40 PM
There's no professional foul in Gaelic football, but if a man is motoring past you at speed and you take him out with your legs, then it surely has to be a yellow card, regardless of intent.

Absolutely not, wobbler. Yellow cards should only be given (a) when the referee is CERTAIN that he's seen a foul and (b) when he has no doubt about intent. A slip, like O'Connor's that carries him into collision with the opponent is a foul, regardless of intent but in natural justice cannot be punished with a yellow card as it's clear it was a complete accident.

mournerambler

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on August 23, 2009, 04:20:44 PM
There still 5 points up you WUM, this is a bullsh1t thread.

Please keep it in the Cork V Tyrone thread.

Maybe Down should be deploying similar tatics so they could have the chance to 'cheat' a team out of an AI title.

Muppet.

Fcuk off dirtydozen12.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: JMohan on August 23, 2009, 05:32:52 PM
Wise up

So you can't say that it is a surprise yourself...

JMohan

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 23, 2009, 05:40:05 PM
Quote from: JMohan on August 23, 2009, 05:32:52 PM
Wise up

So you can't say that it is a surprise yourself...
He went down, but didn't dive