Fridays Feel Good News

Started by SLIGONIAN, August 21, 2009, 08:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Maybe there already a good news thread but this certainly warmed my heart, Im pissed off with all the negativity, bad news always been reported, theres alot of good in this World and its time we equally focused on that. I suggest we post good news stories on here, or if there was another already..

Dog catches two trains in search of owner :)

A dog which had been left at home when his owner went on holiday decided to set off on in search of her - by catching the train 31 miles to Stansted Airport.

Diesel, a Staffordshire bull terrier, was being looked after by a friend of his owner when he disappeared during an evening walk in Tottenham, North London.

Nothing was seen of the one-year-old dog until the following day when CCTV cameras picked him up travelling - on his own - on the Stansted Express rail service.

Shocked security staff collared Diesel as he hopped off the train at the airport and started making his way towards the terminal building.

Animal wardens kept Diesel - who had no collar or passport - overnight before using the microchip in his neck to reunite him with his relieved owner Sarah Chapman, 29.

To reach Stansted, the intrepid pet had to board two trains and walk a mile between stations.

Miss Chapman, of Tottenham, had been on a four-day visit to see her mother in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, at the time and described her pet's escapade as a "mystery".

She said: "He's never done anything like this before. He's never even been on a train before. How his collar came off is a mystery.

"I always spend a lot of time with him so I think he probably came looking for me.

"He has come with me to Clacton in the car before and we pass through Stansted on the way.

"It sounds funny but maybe he was coming to see where I was."

It is believed that Diesel caught an overground train from White Hart Lane to Seven Sisters two and half miles away, before scampering a mile to Tottenham Hale station.

From there the Stansted Express train would have taken him straight to the airport in 35 minutes.

Miss Chapman, an unemployed administrator, said she had been impressed with Diesel's navigation skills.

She said: "I was frantic with worry when my friend called to say he had run off after a fox and couldn't be found.

"Nobody knows where he was overnight, but the security guards said they caught him on camera at Bishop's Stortford station, the stop before Stansted.

"Apparently he was sitting waiting on his own by the doors and then got off at Stansted."

Uttlesford District Council animal warden Sue Knight said Diesel's adventure underlined the importance of micro-chipping pets.

She said: "Diesel's a lovely dog and it was a bit sad to see him go.

"Obviously it's great that we were able to reunite him with his owner, and only because she'd been mindful enough to get him microchipped.

"Hopefully this will serve as a stark demonstration to dog owners of just how useful having your pet microchipped can be."

A spokesman for National Express East Anglia, which runs the Stansted Express service, said they were delighted with the outcome of Diesel's escapade.

He said: "We're pleased that Diesel's adventure ended happily for all concerned and that our team at the airport were able to play their part in reuniting him with his owner."
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Kidder81