Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on August 04, 2011, 03:40:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2011, 11:44:30 PM
Quote from: the colonel on August 03, 2011, 11:36:09 PM
The rule isn't that the ball gets brought forward. It's 13m in a more advantageous position If it was a free

Can he turn a sideline ball into a free because of kicking the ball away? then move it? either way a lot of hurlers missed out tonight.

Yes the indirect free is given if a team is in possession of the ball if someone is injured and the referee blows

Christ lads its great to see so many differences of opinions, in simple terms Rule4 4.18 clarify's all issues, however once the 13m free has been awarded "More advantageous" he cannot move it again. Thats it in a nutshell! No wonder we have some many problems.

Look it's this that causes the confusion.

It was a sideline ball, so the referee blows for that, opposing player comes in and kicks/throws ball away. Does the referee blow for a foul due to what? dissent, due to player throwing the ball away? if that's the case then it becomes a free, (it benifits hurling as a sideline cut becomes a free but in football it is still a kick free) in normal situations (situation ;D) the referee blows for a foul, awards a free and if someone gives dissent he then moves the ball forward.

In this case there was no free only a sideline ball, he awards a free after dissent and then moves the ball forward. That's like two moves for one 'foul' surely or am I talking through my A hole??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

I'm clearly talking shite:

4.18  To delay an opponent taking a free puck or
side-line puck by hitting or kicking the ball
away, not releasing the ball to the opposition,
or by deliberately not moving back to allow the
puck to be taken.

PENALTY - Free puck 13m more
advantageous than the place of original
puck - up to opponents' 20m line.

Will have to read the rule book again 'shakes head'
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ManInBlackandGreen

No worries MR anytime, your a legend. ;D

theskull1

The word legend is overused these days don't you think?  :-*
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Either way I'm f**k off at not playing last night

Joxer_man

MR2 you seem like a man in the know! Who you reckons gonna win th shc and ihc and why??

Milltown Row2

Lamhs knocking up big scores and playing well would not be surprised if they win. The Dall for me, the hurt from last year enough for me to think they will win. I think though that this year there will be a shock, not us

maxpower

It's been a long timesince their was a shock in the championship. Could well be the year a big team gets chinned, last time St galls played championship in casement did they not almost cause an upset, Glenarrife have shown both against Dunloy and Cushendall they are capable of an upset. And Ballycastle and Rossa both have successful u21 teams coming through.

Maybe...
What happens next????

pdiddy

Quote from: maxpower on August 05, 2011, 08:45:21 AM
It's been a long timesince their was a shock in the championship. Could well be the year a big team gets chinned, last time St galls played championship in casement did they not almost cause an upset, Glenarrife have shown both against Dunloy and Cushendall they are capable of an upset. And Ballycastle and Rossa both have successful u21 teams coming through.

Maybe...

We played St Gall's a couple of times in the Championship a few years back.  Once in Millfield and another time in Casement.  If Karl Stewart had played the full game I think they would've beat us.  I think he had been injured and only game on for the last 20 mins, thankfully.  St Gall's are a different team now though so wouldn't see them causing Dunloy any problems.  As for Glenarrife and Rossa I think both could be in with a shout of causing an upset   :o

When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Milltown Row2

He was not injured, he had been in the states all summer and the team that got us to the semi final started that day. He came on after 15 mins along with another lad and only for DD saving a one on one from a young CJ we would have won!!

pdiddy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2011, 11:58:41 AM
He was not injured, he had been in the states all summer and the team that got us to the semi final started that day. He came on after 15 mins along with another lad and only for DD saving a one on one from a young CJ we would have won!!

I bow to your superior knowledge   ;)  ;D
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Seamroga in exile

If I recall it finished 3-10 to 4-11. We were certainly sweating it for a long time in that game.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Forever Green

Results from the minor championship tonight:

St Johns   2-18   0-12   Loughgiel   Corrigan Park      
Sarsfields   0-7   3-15   Cushendall   O Donnells      

Antrim Minor B Hurling Championship
Team 1   Score   Score   Team 2   Venue   Comment   
St Pauls   4-23   1-10   Tir na Nog   St. Pauls      
Rasharkin   0-15   3-14   Shane O Neills   Rasharkin      
St Agnes         Lamh Dhearg   St. Agnes   Not Played   
St Teresas   2-7   1-18   Rossa   St. Teresas   

Still a couple of results from the A championship to come in. Really fancy Glenarm or Rossa to take the B title. It will be down to St Johns and Cushendall for the A title

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 05, 2011, 09:38:00 PM
If I recall it finished 3-10 to 4-11. We were certainly sweating it for a long time in that game.

You's scored 3 goals in the first 12 minutes Johnny Campbell playing CHB!!!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2011, 10:36:57 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 05, 2011, 09:38:00 PM

You's scored 3 goals in the first 12 minutes Johnny Campbell playing CHB!!!
Isn't that his position?   ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"