Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdiddy

Quote from: hardstation on June 25, 2011, 12:14:03 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on June 24, 2011, 11:57:55 PM
Outstanding magnanimity HS
True. The circle of wagons training is being phased out in Rossa, ahead of minor championship matches agin Loch gCaol.
It used to be that more thought went into getting 'back up' than went into the minor team tactics.
Good to see.

Yet and all, we wouldn't trust that shower of dirty bastids at any time.

No need for that HS.  You dont like Loughgiel, OK, we get it.  I'm not a big fan of your club either but I'm not going to drop to the level that you find yourself at  :(
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Seamroga in exile

Saturday was quite a good day to be an Antrim supporter then.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

pdiddy

Quote from: hardstation on June 27, 2011, 11:24:34 AM
It was and it was a good win because Carlow are no mugs. I thought we were very sluggish though. Stilll, a win is a win.

Chrissy O'Connell's puck outs........in the name of fcuk! :-\

Well, he is from Loughgiel HS !!! ::)
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on June 27, 2011, 12:39:14 PM
That's no excuse for those ridiculously shit puck outs. Not a bad 'keeper but a good kick in the hole needed.
For some reason DD Quinn was pucking them out short last year as well. Thankfully that has stopped. I can only surmise that it was some sort of predetermined tactic. A bad tactic, but a tactic all the same.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 27, 2011, 05:57:13 PM
That's no excuse for those ridiculously shit puck outs. Not a bad 'keeper but a good kick in the hole needed.
For some reason DD Quinn was pucking them out short last year as well. Thankfully that has stopped. I can only surmise that it was some sort of predetermined tactic. A bad tactic, but a tactic all the same.

DD did the same in Parnell Seamroga in exile, just pucking the ball to midfield when he could possibly hit the ball further
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 27, 2011, 06:09:17 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 27, 2011, 05:57:13 PM

DD did the same in Parnell Seamroga in exile, just pucking the ball to midfield when he could possibly hit the ball further
Yep and gave away 3 or 4 (maybe more) points in the process. One in particular where he was lucky not to give away a goal when he tried to puck out to JC over OLG's full forward's head only for the FF to block it with his stick. Like I say, I think he was told to do it. I'm wandering was young O'C told to use the same tactic.

Glensman

This type of short puck out would appear to be calling the opposing team's bluff.
The opposition drop their full/corner forward into half forward allowing them to swamp the HF/Midfield/HB line with bodies so that they win clean ball or break ball easier.
I assume (hope) COC will have been instructed to hit our full back line with the odd one to 'keep them honest'.
Just on Saturday his execution was seriously poor. If one of those goes wrong for you then quit it and lump the ball out.

Much like the football site not much commentary on the game.
Was seriously frustrating in the first half, Carlow were winning easy ball, dispossessing us easily and hit into acres of space for their corner forwards to run into.
Gradually we got to grips with this, especially in the last 20 mins.
Stewarty scored a couple of crackers to keep us in it and McAuley scored a couple of great long range frees.
McManus started to come into the game a bit more (he seriously makes us tick) and the defence was tighter.
Would appear McGuinness is put on the opposition's danger man in the FF line - he was switched with McGourty and this actually paid dividends.

Herron was good in CHB. He is a big presence, won a few clean catches and picked up some lose ball. At one point I even saw him stopping a fight/calming his fellow players down - who'd have thought it give his previous love for the histrionics!!
Hopefully he is coming of age. His performance at CHB for the minors one year in Parnell (was it Galway or Wexford?) was as good an underage performance in an Antrim shirt that I have ever seen.

Hamill came into it in the second half and scored a couple of good scores. He was given alot of time to do this as his first half performance may have warranted being called ashore. He is certainly fast and good when he gets the ball but was getting outmuscled for the first half and knocked too easily off the ball - if he is full forward next day it might be worth changing the tactics slightly by feeding the right type of ball earlier.

McCann didn't get a sniff of goal but does look an acomplished hurler when he gets the ball.

A few random comments above.

Not sure what the thoughts are on the next stage.

Seamroga in exile

11 changes to the team for the final vs Armagh.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 29, 2011, 03:07:16 PM

Team named last night?

Would be silly to have that many changes, would he have changed it had he been playing Down?

Armagh gearing up for their first Ulster final in god knows how many years (not sure they have ever been to one) and will come at us from the whistle. They may not have the skill of some of the Antrim players but won't lack fitness nor motivation
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 29, 2011, 04:31:17 PM

Team named last night?

Would be silly to have that many changes, would he have changed it had he been playing Down?

Armagh gearing up for their first Ulster final in god knows how many years (not sure they have ever been to one) and will come at us from the whistle. They may not have the skill of some of the Antrim players but won't lack fitness nor motivation

1946...Antrim 6-03 Armagh 2-01.  The last Ulster Final played until 1989.  Interestingly the previous two finals in '44 and '45 featured Monaghan and Donegal against Antrim.  Antrim have only failed to feature in/qualify for three provincial finals...1908 Derry vs Cavan, 1934 Down vs Donegal and 2001 Derry vs Down

Seamroga in exile

Not sure when the team was named but I got a text early this morning telling me. I think it's been confirmed on the BBC website.

gelvis

Team named last night?

1. C Cunningham

2. C McGuinness
3. K McGourty
4. J McCouaig

5. K McKeague
6. M Donnelly
7. C Herron

8. Barry McFall
9. S McCrory

10. J Scullion
11. T McCann
12. E McCloskey

13. P Doherty
14. C McFall
15. K McKeegan
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gelvis on June 29, 2011, 05:54:46 PM

Team named last night?

1. C Cunningham

2. C McGuinness
3. K McGourty
4. J McCouaig

5. K McKeague
6. M Donnelly
7. C Herron

8. Barry McFall
9. S McCrory

10. J Scullion
11. T McCann
12. E McCloskey

13. P Doherty
14. C McFall
15. K McKeegan

And Paddy Power don't have any betting for the game!!! Antrim should win but I'd be very wary of that team and it would certainly give Armagh a serious chance.

In the ideal world you should be playing your strongest team leading into the real big games to keep momentum. Only my view of course and Dinny would certainly know his players better than I

Seamroga in exile

I would still fancy this team to win handily enough.

Seamroga in exile