Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: múinteoirmór on February 28, 2011, 10:00:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2011, 09:54:55 PM
Gorts back at Intermediate then i take it?

Cushendall to win it this year (if they can beat us in the semi ;))

Clooney Gaels to win Intermediate, and possibly win division two, impressed by them to be fair
Were you at the big shin dig on Saturday MR, any reports? Did the McGourtys behave?

Couldn't make, was at a friends surprise 40th birthday party. I've had no reports of any trouble :)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

múinteoirmór

Quote from: 4father on February 28, 2011, 10:01:49 PM
"The landlord and the sheriff came, to drive us all away"

A definite Loughgiel / Cushendall final i'd say but Rossa on their day are capable of upsetting the odds.  Disappointed to see that GNM are in intermediate.  Thought they wouldn't be back at that level with the talent they had up there coming through.  Good to see St Galls back in the big time.  Think they will struggle as they have went backwards in hurling terms but they have the potential to be a good hurling team - some serious players and im not even talking about the household name hurlers.

I'd say cushendall for the Senior.  Gorts or Clooney for the Inter
"and thats another reason why, we all shout F*** the Queen"  or words to that effect!

Would have to agree 4father, Galls could progress handily enough if they go their house in order with reference to hurling, some goods lads on their team.  I am sure they are frustrated though playing second fiddle to the foootballers, but an inherent problem with dual codes/teams at semior level.
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

4father

Quote from: múinteoirmór on February 28, 2011, 10:05:42 PM
Quote from: 4father on February 28, 2011, 10:01:49 PM
"The landlord and the sheriff came, to drive us all away"

A definite Loughgiel / Cushendall final i'd say but Rossa on their day are capable of upsetting the odds.  Disappointed to see that GNM are in intermediate.  Thought they wouldn't be back at that level with the talent they had up there coming through.  Good to see St Galls back in the big time.  Think they will struggle as they have went backwards in hurling terms but they have the potential to be a good hurling team - some serious players and im not even talking about the household name hurlers.

I'd say cushendall for the Senior.  Gorts or Clooney for the Inter
"and thats another reason why, we all shout F*** the Queen"  or words to that effect!

;D agreed!

Here's one for you all.  If we are happy to let the Down teams play in the leagues, i reckon we should let them play in the Antrim championship.  Agreed?

scamroc

any news on the junior draw?

aontroim

SHC Draw was drawn as;

Loughgiel v Rossa
Cushendall v Glenariffe
St. Galls v Dunloy
Ballycastle v St. John's

So from that i reckon first teams have 'home' advantage (Belfast or N. Antrim venues)

Milltown Row2

Aye that's what i heard

I fairly cried that home venue Max/Skull
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

You can put that dummy in milltown  :)

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

pdiddy

Quote from: aontroim on February 28, 2011, 10:59:43 PM
SHC Draw was drawn as;

Loughgiel v Rossa
Cushendall v Glenariffe
St. Galls v Dunloy
Ballycastle v St. John's

So from that i reckon first teams have 'home' advantage (Belfast or N. Antrim venues)

We'll be happy with that draw although any one of Rossa, St John's or Ballycastle are capable of beating us on their day so we can't afford to take any game lightly.  I suppose the same applies to Cushendall and Dunloy as both their 1st round games are potential banana skins (can you have a potential banana skin or is it just a banana skin  :-\).   That said would still fancy the 'Big Three' to progress with 'The Town' v 'The Johnnies' a hard one to call at this early stage.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

NAG1

Interesting draw all round LG be the happiest without doubt, but there is always that risk of reaching the final under cooked with the other side of the draw being much more competitive. Makes you look forward to the summer now.

Be interesting to see if Ballycastle can deliver on their promise of the last few years, have way too much talent to be struggling the way they are.

All in all interesting times ahead!

aontroim

http://antrim.gaa.ie/uploads/documents/2011%20Antrim%20C,ship%20draws%20-PDF.pdf - full draws just been posted on county site.

JHC

1 St Endas v Mc Dermotts
2 All Saints v Ardoyne
3 Creggan v Larne

1/4 Finals

A St Agnes v 2
B 3 v Cushendun
C O Donnells v Glenravel
D Davitts v 1

Semi-Finals

B v A
C v D

IHC

1 St Pauls V Clooney Gaels
2 Tir Na Nog V Carey
3 Rasharkin V Cloughmills
4 Sarsfields V St Teresas

1/4-Finals

A Shane O Neills v 3
B 4 v Armoy
C Gort Na Mona v 1
D Lamh Dhearg v 2

Semi-Finals

D v C
B v A

Milltown Row2

Thats a tight intermediate championship. there are at least  4\5 teams looking to win that

4father

Quote from: aontroim on March 01, 2011, 11:10:53 AM
http://antrim.gaa.ie/uploads/documents/2011%20Antrim%20C,ship%20draws%20-PDF.pdf - full draws just been posted on county site.

JHC

1 St Endas v Mc Dermotts
2 All Saints v Ardoyne
3 Creggan v Larne

1/4 Finals

A St Agnes v 2
B 3 v Cushendun
C O Donnells v Glenravel
D Davitts v 1

Semi-Finals

B v A
C v D

IHC

1 St Pauls V Clooney Gaels
2 Tir Na Nog V Carey
3 Rasharkin V Cloughmills
4 Sarsfields V St Teresas

1/4-Finals

A Shane O Neills v 3
B 4 v Armoy
C Gort Na Mona v 1
D Lamh Dhearg v 2

Semi-Finals

D v C
B v A

Its good to see the right teams entering the right championships (bar one maybe)

múinteoirmór

Quote from: 4father on March 01, 2011, 05:44:24 PM
Quote from: aontroim on March 01, 2011, 11:10:53 AM
http://antrim.gaea.ie/uploads/documents/2011%20Antrim%20C,ship%20draws%20-PDF.PD - full draws just been posted on county site.

JHC

1 St Ends v MC Dermot's
2 All Saints v Ardine
3 Regan v Lane

1/4 Finals

A St Agnes v 2
B 3 v Cushioned
C O Donnells v Glenravel
D Davits v 1

Semifinals

B v A
C v D

IHC

1 St Paul's V Colony Gaels
2 Tie Na Bog V Carey
3 Rashark in V Cloughmills
4 Subfields V St Teresa's

1/4-Finals

A Shane O Neill's v 3
B 4 v Army
C Girt Na Mona v 1
D Lam Dhaka v 2

Semifinals

D v C
B v A

Its good to see the right teams entering the right championships (bar one maybe)

What are the 'Johns' going to do for silverware this year!  Miraculous medals? ;D ;)  MR, maybe your boys could lend them a wee throphy or two?  Come on, have a heart MR!
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

4father

Not that i've ever heard them being called the 'johns', but i reckon they might well do alright.  They've a good chance of beating the Town and then on their day, they could cause an upset.  You have to hand it to them, they are handy enough when they are on their game as Rossa learned last year.

I'd love to see Rossa make a good breakthrough this year by getting out of division 2 and getting a run in the championship.  They are probably the most progressive hurling club in belfast

NAG1

Cant see St Johns beating Ballycastle on that side of the draw, plus Ballycastle would be the only side to put it up to LG in that half of the draw.