Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

McCloskey?? 

What I've noticed these last few years at the semi final stage (been to most these last ten years) is that the Antrim teams have not got strong panels, Dunloy less so, i think Loughgiels panel would be the strongest. (que Max, Skull)

The last ten minutes are crucial. That's were we tend to lose or let the southern teams in.

Well I'll be there, i hope there are a few of the boarders down to watch
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Both semis are live on TG4, I don't think there is much strength on Loughgiels bench. Dim Dim and Chopper? Wouldn't fill you with too much confidence.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Wouldn't play them, too slow and too old, they have good young lads that would, in the last 15/10 minutes get some good scores. not sure of their names but have seen them play.

McGourty never give Dim Dim a touch when he marked him in the Championship. PJ needs to have faith in younger ones
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

When it comes to AI semis, you never know where the hero will come from. One ball may be all it takes

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

True.

Parnell suited us last year in the semi final (Intermed) stick pitch, tighter than the other county grounds and we were able to get good tackles and close them down a lot handier. Loughgiel would maybe prefer a better surface and a bigger pitch.

Watching the first half of last weeks game I'd say that the Gaels were poor but second half excellent.

I want a tight game and no sending off's

Sleeping giant

yep for sure milltown, if we can keep everyone on pitch it should be tight, hopefully. long as big day doesn't screw with are mens heads, think if they all hurl the way they can, we could be in good shape
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

múinteoirmór

It appears that MIBAG has had to extend his dribble on to the County Web site following his recent 'ticking off' on here, by a moderator.  He feels, well so it seems, that he has to draw attention to himself by whatever means available to him.  I hope this forum is not going to turn into some sort platform/soap box for 'MIBAG' to vent his anger and inate self pity/frustrations as a result of him being overlooked/bypassed.  He should also stop to consider, that maybe he is just not up to the standard!

Maybe, the powers that be within the county will appoint him to the referees committee, in the hope that he may voice his frustrations there.  Alternatively, he should consider, that maybe it's time to go?

By the way 'MIBAG', there is also camogie or ladies football!

Those six pints I had in the club this afternoon, I think are going to my head!

This is a hurling thread, is it not?
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

ManInBlackandGreen

Muinteoirmor why you down so hard on Ray?

Lets see how good your knowledge of the game is:

Keeper in a football match goes for the kick-out, he kicks it in front of himself then proceeds to dribble the ball to the 30 meter line and thumps it 50 yards into the FF line upon which the FF scores a goal. What should you do?

Milltown Row2

Tackle him after he touches the ball outside the 14 Yard line?

the colonel

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on February 07, 2011, 03:28:56 PM

Keeper in a football match goes for the kick-out, he kicks it in front of himself then proceeds to dribble the ball to the 30 meter line and thumps it 50 yards into the FF line upon which the FF scores a goal. What should you do?

Talk about it on the Antrim Football thread
the difference between success and failure is energy

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2011, 06:22:44 PM
Tackle him after he touches the ball outside the 14 Yard line?

Why outside the 14 yard line specifically MR? Just wanted to see the extent of Muinteoirmor's knowledge, he must be checking the rule book! Colonel just having a bit of crac don't be so down on it! Bit of light humor hurts no-one and lets see how the teacher responds. Looking for that authoritarian stance. ;)

múinteoirmór

Cheer and give him a big "Bualadh bos".  Why should I care anyway, this is football you are talking about mister!
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

múinteoirmór

Quote from: the colonel on February 07, 2011, 06:26:47 PM

Talk about it on the Antrim Football thread

I could not agree more Colonel, well said.  Jesus! if he scores goals, they should sign him up for Antrim footballers!

Ray who? Listen MIGAB, I am not a referee and have no desire to be one either, I am far too old for that .  I am not being hard on Ray, just relaying what the lads are saying.

ManInBlackandGreen

múinteoirmór ah come on no witty rapport? Where's the text book A Chara, just having a bit of crac, what do think football, hurling are we not all gaels

múinteoirmór

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on February 07, 2011, 07:59:21 PM
múinteoirmór ah come on no witty rapport? Where's the text book A Chara, just having a bit of craic, what do think football, hurling are we not all gaels
[/quot
At what level/code do you referee? Are you a new referee (up and coming) or are you one of the more seasoned guys.

I am all for a bit of wit, craic and carry on.  However, I do take exception to those(like your goodself) who stoops to low levels of wit and innuendo!  Didn't that moderator have cause recently to clip you wings!