Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on January 10, 2011, 12:10:41 PM
You say admirable JC while other will say shooting his mouth off.

I'm with the latter.

I don't think you can call it shouting his mouth off when being interviewed giving frank answers, a lot of which reflect badly on him and telling people not in the know what positions he left Sambo and Woody in particular in now shows that they'd no other option to drop him. Granted he wants to be shown a bit more respect than he managed to show them, but the journalist picked up on it.
The piece is hardly flattering him.

Minder

What was the "you don't know who you are dealing with" nonsense to Cadogan? Is he in the Corkey mafia ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

Quote from: Minder on January 10, 2011, 12:36:51 PM
What was the "you don't know who you are dealing with" nonsense to Cadogan? Is he in the Corkey mafia ?

Paul Galvin with a hurl (and without the clothes and shoes)
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG1

Sort of blows the low key under the radar approach to the semi final doesnt it.

Any word on the date of the game, Did I hear wrong that Loughgiel were objecting to playing under the lights on the saturday night?

Two Hands FFS

From independant

Two second-half goals from Robbie Mahon and Conor McCormack helped Dublin record an eight-point win over Ulster Club champions Loughiel in their senior hurling challenge match at Naomh Mearnog yesterday lunchtime.

The experimental Dublin selection gave a lethargic first-half display and they trailed by 1-9 to 0-9 at the interval, with Joey Scullion availing of a rare Stephen Hiney slip to goal on 30 minutes for the Antrim club.

Dublin improved upon the restart and Mahon's goal in the 38th minute gave the hosts the lead for the first time.

McCormack's superb individual goal six minutes from the end sealed a satisfactory afternoon's work for manager Anthony Daly, who witnessed Conal Keaney's return to the county colours in their impressive 4-17 to 1-11 victory over NUI Galway on Friday night.

"We'll be missing roughly 11 for the upcoming Walsh Cup but I still think we'll have a nice team out, with Conal returning to the fold," said Daly.

Scorers -- Dublin: R Mahon, C McCormack 1-3 each, D O'Callaghan 0-4 (0-1f), P Carton, D Curtin (0-1f), T Connolly (0-1f) 0-2 each, D Plunkett, S Ryan, N McMorrow, P Gillan (own point) 0-1 each. Loughiel: J Scullion 1-4 (0-4f), B MacAuley 0-7 (0-5f, 0-1 '65'), B McCarry 0-2, C McKinley, D Laverty 0-1 each.

Dublin -- F McGarry; C Harney, S Hiney, O Gough; D Kelly, J Sheanon, M Quilty; D Curtin, D Plunkett; P Carton, C McCormack, R Mahon; D O'Callaghan, S Ryan, T Connolly. Subs: C Clinton for Plunkett (h-t), J Doughan for Sheanon (h-t), N McMorrow for Curtin (40).

Loughiel -- D Quinn; P Gillan, L McGarry, R McCloskey; Mark McFadden, J Campbell, M Scullion; D Laverty, B MacAuley; C McKinley, O McFadden, L McKillop; B McCarry, J Scullion, A Watt. Subs: T McFadden for M Scullion (30), D McKinley for Watt and Mick McFadden for Mark McFadden (45).

From Reservoir Dubs
Quote from: Countess tayto on Today at 09:50:52 AM
P Gillan (own point) 0-1 each.

How the F**k do you score an own point??

Quote from: Sky Blue on Today at 09:56:21 AM

The defender was under a bit of pressure from Dotsy so tried to scoop the ball back to his keeper. Got a bit too much juice on it however and it sailed over the bar. Hilarious.

johnneycool

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on January 10, 2011, 02:20:15 PM
From independant

Two second-half goals from Robbie Mahon and Conor McCormack helped Dublin record an eight-point win over Ulster Club champions Loughiel in their senior hurling challenge match at Naomh Mearnog yesterday lunchtime.

The experimental Dublin selection gave a lethargic first-half display and they trailed by 1-9 to 0-9 at the interval, with Joey Scullion availing of a rare Stephen Hiney slip to goal on 30 minutes for the Antrim club.

Dublin improved upon the restart and Mahon's goal in the 38th minute gave the hosts the lead for the first time.

McCormack's superb individual goal six minutes from the end sealed a satisfactory afternoon's work for manager Anthony Daly, who witnessed Conal Keaney's return to the county colours in their impressive 4-17 to 1-11 victory over NUI Galway on Friday night.

"We'll be missing roughly 11 for the upcoming Walsh Cup but I still think we'll have a nice team out, with Conal returning to the fold," said Daly.

Scorers -- Dublin: R Mahon, C McCormack 1-3 each, D O'Callaghan 0-4 (0-1f), P Carton, D Curtin (0-1f), T Connolly (0-1f) 0-2 each, D Plunkett, S Ryan, N McMorrow, P Gillan (own point) 0-1 each. Loughiel: J Scullion 1-4 (0-4f), B MacAuley 0-7 (0-5f, 0-1 '65'), B McCarry 0-2, C McKinley, D Laverty 0-1 each.

Dublin -- F McGarry; C Harney, S Hiney, O Gough; D Kelly, J Sheanon, M Quilty; D Curtin, D Plunkett; P Carton, C McCormack, R Mahon; D O'Callaghan, S Ryan, T Connolly. Subs: C Clinton for Plunkett (h-t), J Doughan for Sheanon (h-t), N McMorrow for Curtin (40).

Loughiel -- D Quinn; P Gillan, L McGarry, R McCloskey; Mark McFadden, J Campbell, M Scullion; D Laverty, B MacAuley; C McKinley, O McFadden, L McKillop; B McCarry, J Scullion, A Watt. Subs: T McFadden for M Scullion (30), D McKinley for Watt and Mick McFadden for Mark McFadden (45).

From Reservoir Dubs
Quote from: Countess tayto on Today at 09:50:52 AM
P Gillan (own point) 0-1 each.

Quote from: Sky Blue on Today at 09:56:21 AM

The defender was under a bit of pressure from Dotsy so tried to scoop the ball back to his keeper. Got a bit too much juice on it however and it sailed over the bar. Hilarious.

I watched Ding a few times last year and he's fond of the back passes to DD, he got away with them in fairness then but there must be a bit of rust setting in that he'll need to shake out of the system.

Have the bodies many friendlies set up over the coming weeks?

I know the Johnnies were supposed to play a Down select yesterday but Staid Corrigan was frozen.

NAG1

They are down to the Johnnies next weekend.

the colonel

Games against Jordanstown also I heard

clootfromthe21

Think they played UCD on the Saturday before the Dubs yesterdayl.

tom moore83

Watson's damned if does damned if he doesnt. Bottom line is he did an article, gave his opinoin on things and thats it. Im sure everyone will have an opininon on it but he'll or Loughgiel will hardly care.

Was speaking to some of the players last night. Had a good weekend in Dublin. Played UCD on saturday and got beat 0-15 -2-08. Played Dublin on sunday and got beat 2-19 - 1-15. Played well in both matches considering that they have a few injuries including Watson and Mc Closkey. At the end of the day these are challenege matches building up to the semi final in February. I believe that the boys will train hard and prepare well and regardless of what happens in February, they will be back to try and defend their crown in 2011.

Best of luck

pdiddy

I think this interview shows the naivety of Watson in speaking so candidly about his past misdemeanours.  I'm sure he didn't think his comments would be transcribed verbatim.  I believe he is being honest in what he says and admire him for it.  He realises himself that he is no angel but at least he is trying to do something about it. 

I have more of a gripe with the tone in which the article is written.  Mr Crowe appears to bring up more of the negative aspects of Watson's career (even delving into soccer) and less on the positives.  This article has come as part of the lead up to Loughgiel's All Ireland semi-final yet Crowe mentions it only briefly.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

aontroim

the colonel

According to someone on the hoganstand this is the team for sunday

Chrissy O' Connell (Loughgiel)

Arron Graffin (Cushendall)
Cormac Donnelly (Ballycastle)
Conor McKinley (Dunloy)

Kevin McKeague (Dunloy)
Michael Herron (Lambh Dhearg)
Neal McAuley (Ballycastle)

Shane McNaughton (Cushendall)
Karl Stewart (St Galls)

Michael Armstrong (Rossa)
Boris O'Connell (Ahoghill)
Thomas McCann (Creggan)

Darren Hamill (Glenarm)
Conor Carson (Cushendall)
Chris McGuinness (Rossa)

JamesH

just read the team, but some players were told this wouldn't be the final 15 so god knows. The full back line is strong enough, Mc Auley in half back the two midfielders ok but after that the rest are really at best squad hurlers 25 upwards. The keeper is included in that. I do though understand we have to try boys out, but if you are testing lads they must be introduced when we have as near to a full team were we can nurse them or carry them and Will have experience along side them. Your asking 6 forwards to hurl and theirs not a natural leader among them, no ball winner, no experience. I do before i get shot for being negative realise its a catch 22 without the Loughiel lads and Shorty its perhaps all we have available.

NAG1

Wouldnt worry about it chance to blood some of the new guys we arent going to know if they can cut unless we try.

I will reserve judgement to I see if any of them have improved significantly from last year.