Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Well after 5 years John McSparren has finished his term as County Chairman. Now i might not have agreed on some issues but in the main he was positive. leagues both football and hurling have been better, he has had a few highs with the senior teams and on the Dunsilly project. I wish the best in the future and hope Jim has a good term in office.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thehurler

I have to applaud the doc and thank him for his service over that last 5 years , i really think he has been outstanding. A talent like his hopefully will be able to flourish in some other channel within our association. Maybe ulster council, central council and dare i say it hopefully to the heights of president. he has the intellect and hopefully drive to get there.
there hasn't been as  an outstanding adminstrator in antrim for many many years in antrim and let's hope it is not the last of the doc....he also has that fair but no nonsense side to him too , he doesnt suffer fools gladly. he has been a relevation for us he presided over our footballers getting to an ulster final and  our hurlers at last showing glimpses of 89 again !!let's start the presendial campaign now !!!he is too good not to be pushed on in our association...

pdiddy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2010, 06:01:50 PM
Well after 5 years John McSparren has finished his term as County Chairman. Now i might not have agreed on some issues but in the main he was positive. leagues both football and hurling have been better, he has had a few highs with the senior teams and on the Dunsilly project. I wish the best in the future and hope Jim has a good term in office.

This.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

pdiddy

Quote from: thehurler on December 14, 2010, 06:09:48 PM
I have to applaud the doc and thank him for his service over that last 5 years , i really think he has been outstanding. A talent like his hopefully will be able to flourish in some other channel within our association. Maybe ulster council, central council and dare i say it hopefully to the heights of president. he has the intellect and hopefully drive to get there.
there hasn't been as  an outstanding adminstrator in antrim for many many years in antrim and let's hope it is not the last of the doc....he also has that fair but no nonsense side to him too , he doesnt suffer fools gladly. he has been a relevation for us he presided over our footballers getting to an ulster final and  our hurlers at last showing glimpses of 89 again !!let's start the presendial campaign now !!!he is too good not to be pushed on in our association...

Not so much This.  A bit OTT in my opinion.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thehurler on December 14, 2010, 06:09:48 PM
Embarrassing John.

Milltown Row2

I see the Dall have won the Minor Ulster hurling final, a team that in most people ideas (outside of Cushendall) were not fancied to win Antrim. Fair play and it seems they have talent coming through after all ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Great job by Smokie and Junior who many wrote off at an early stage. And for many of the players who it was thought wouldn't count but they didn't half raise 2 fingers to the nay sayers. A great year for them and hope it doesnt end here.

imtommygunn

It's been rare that antrim teams have won that competition so good to see.

That Paddy McNaughton fella has been playing senior for a few years now for Cushendall and was on county u21 team last year so must be a good one.

ManInBlackandGreen

I have to say, was in the New Dunloy facility over the Hols, absolutely fantastic, big investment and hope it pays off!

JamesH

Paddy Mc Naughton played on our senior team at midfield in the last 2 finals he was the start of the show in Ulster Minor Final on Sunday getting 1-1 for midfield, He is also on the senior County panel for 2011 a good prospect.
I heard they trained on Sunday any new faces?

NAG1

Yet another good good prospect coming onto the panel before he is ready!

When are going to put some structures in place where there can be a tranistion phase for these talented players coming through?

imtommygunn

I'm not exactly sure of what has happened that fella from Dunloy Darren Quinn but I don't think it did him any good being put on the county panel at such a young age. Is he even on Dunloy senior team now?

Still at least McNaughton has a few years senior hurling behind him which is probably more than young Woody and Quinn had between them when put on the county panel.

concrete_boots

Heard theres been quite a few call ups to the squad although cant see many of them making an impact on the 1st team come championship time.

Just Puck It

Quote from: concrete_boots on January 04, 2011, 08:08:14 PM
Heard theres been quite a few call ups to the squad although cant see many of them making an impact on the 1st team come championship time.

Any names for us CB?

maxpower

Darren Quinn is in Australia now, has been since just after the Ulster final of 2009 and will continue to be this year.  I agree joining the county set up too early probaly hindered his progress but he also had a serious car accident which was the major reason he took longer to make the big impact that was expected of him

his pace and direct running was a huge loss to our forward line last year.

from Dunloy Kevin McKeague, Shorty & Woody are on the county squad
What happens next????