Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

There is a serious difference in stating a referee had a poor game that ridiculing him based on weight or personality.

I sometimes wonder with these new poster appearing periodically to spout nonsense - could it be someone, somewhere (insert roll eyes) looking to close this thread.
What happens next????

Minder

Quote from: maxpower on September 16, 2010, 08:27:27 PM
There is a serious difference in stating a referee had a poor game that ridiculing him based on weight or personality.

I sometimes wonder with these new poster appearing periodically to spout nonsense - could it be someone, somewhere (insert roll eyes) looking to close this thread.

I have thought that for a long time Max. I would say the Agent provocateurs broadband connection could be traced to Andytown.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Minder we know who it is, no need to give them space
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

as a loughgiel man i am more than happy ray got final, heard lot of complaints about him not keeping up with play in semi, as far as am concerned he is only man for job, players sud get on with ref and any time ive played, ray knew all players names and made effort to let the game go, ie.'put the handbags away lads' and so on. and i agree anyone who is giving out about him is prob already out of chamionship!!!   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

funtime frankie

HW - I stand by my comments re the football semi-final. Yes I did think Gregory was pish poor. So what? Nothing personal in that.

Now contrast those comments against your very personal attack on Ray. So, I fail to see how its a pot kettle black scenario.

Gaaboardmod3

Heaney's Wish, if you cannot see the difference between commenting on someones performance, versus commenting on them as individuals or their personality/appearance, then I'm afraid I can't help you out.

Heaneys Wish

Quote from: Gaaboardmod3 on September 17, 2010, 08:51:00 AM
Heaney's Wish, if you cannot see the difference between commenting on someones performance, versus commenting on them as individuals or their personality/appearance, then I'm afraid I can't help you out.

Apologies mod3, it won't happen again. I will stick to highlighting performances of a poor nature only (In my opinion of course!), after all that's what I get the big bucks for.

pdiddy

Looking at the remaining fixtures in this years Senior Hurling League I note that Dunloy still have to play Loughgiel, Cushendall and Glenariffe.  The Loughgiel, Cushendall and the Ballycran game where Dunloy didn't field would probably be 3 of Dunloy's toughest games of the season.  Could the lack of competitive games for Dunloy have been a contributing factor in Dunloy's poor performance in the Championship this year ??  Skull/Max what do you think? ???
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

johnneycool

Ballygalget    Ballycastle    Ballygalget   18/09/2010   15:00   Ray Matthews   Round 11   
Dunloy            Glenariffe    Dunloy           18/09/2010   17:30   Declan Magee   Round 13

Relegation issue to be resolved tomorrow then!

we'll need to play better than we did last Sunday to get the win.

maxpower

Quote from: pdiddy on September 17, 2010, 01:31:53 PM
Looking at the remaining fixtures in this years Senior Hurling League I note that Dunloy still have to play Loughgiel, Cushendall and Glenariffe.  The Loughgiel, Cushendall and the Ballycran game where Dunloy didn't field would probably be 3 of Dunloy's toughest games of the season.  Could the lack of competitive games for Dunloy have been a contributing factor in Dunloy's poor performance in the Championship this year ??  Skull/Max what do you think? ???

No different than any other year pdiddy, not entirely sure but i'd hazard a guess that Cushendall haven't played Dunloy (in Dunloy) twice in the last 7/8 years.  We do normally have a few games against Loughgiel mind and they are always good for sharpening skills.

I don't think there is a genuine excuse, we just fell apart on the day.

Play Glenarriffe tomorrow, was pleased we fielded full strength on wednesday and so only fair to Ballycastle and Ballygalget to give it a go
What happens next????

Minder

MASSIVE win for us today against Dunloy. According to table Ballycastle are on 9pts with all games played and we are on 10pts with all games played.....................

Town are down.

Or are they..........?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

I thought it was the toon are doon?

We were not good.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

A good win by our lads in crap conditions. I will just say that the ref did his best for ballycastle but it wasn't enough. Any bets on dessie formulating a proposal for the antrim convention?

the colonel

I think they'll have their medicine this time
the difference between success and failure is energy

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera