Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Hail glorious saint magic of ballygalget. The big man (and tanned) arrived home this afternoon, came on in the second half to put the ports to the sword, 1-17 to 0-17 in the relegation battle. He'll need to do the same in two weeks time.

CountyGK

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 27, 2010, 05:41:38 PM
Was with armagh last year and won in croke!

Jonty took Armagh to Nicky Rackard All Ireland glory this yr!

Lecale2

Was it handy enough for Cushendall?

Minder

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 28, 2010, 08:15:09 PM
Was it handy enough for Cushendall?

Don't think it was too handy. They won 0-11 to 0-8.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

very low scoring game!!! not the 1/12 favourites the bookies made out, but they are in a final and thats that.

will the winners come from the other draw?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Loughgiel are now 8/11 favourites to beat Dunloy tonight!!! big money pushed on them late last night i'd imagine.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

In all honesty I'm not that surprised. Loughgiel will be favourites for the final.

Cushendall will need to improve on the Ballycastle game. If Loughgiel win the final they may give the All Ireland a good rattle. i always fancied they were well equipped to do well if they were to get past Antrim

the colonel

Jesus Milltown your getting way ahead of yourself there. Of course they go in as favourites having beat Dunloy, but its way to early to talk All Irelands!
the difference between success and failure is energy

jackmckee

Cant believe anyone could tip the bodies as favourites for a final! Don't make me laugh. How many finals was it in a row? Plus Winker on the scrap heap. If Dunloy had started at all the bodies would have been away home again crying. Have to love how early the Dall are tryin to shift the favourites tag this year! God bless them all! You have to love them. The Dall for the All Ireland!

Last Man

That was the longest 60 mins of senior championship hurling I ever watched with the best team getting over the line comfortably in the end. Loughgiel looked in much better physical shape and thankfully for them didn't choke again, but Dunloy were poor and in reality it was over when Ally was carried off in the first half. Considering what I saw tonight and reports from the other semi, the final looks like shaping up to be a fairly dull affair.
BTW, thought Kevin Molloy was excellent tonight, great tackles, blocks right to the final whistle, unfortunately not enough of his calibre available to the Dunloy selectors.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the colonel on August 29, 2010, 09:11:28 PM
Jesus Milltown your getting way ahead of yourself there. Of course they go in as favourites having beat Dunloy, but its way to early to talk All Irelands!

getting past Antrim Colonel i said!! thats the difference. look Loughgiel's bench is pretty good. if i'm being honest and no offence colonel, after Cushendalls first 15 they don't really have a player or two who could change the game.

But if Cushendall play to their strengths then they will win.

thehurler

Well Dunloy sorted  , dall next which should be easier if sat night anything to go by!
Dunloy posters I await your analysis .......
Regarding the All -Ireland presuming we get past Dall we would have leinster and that would be a tough draw but well who knows things have been very focussed this year so you just never know what this panel is capable of..

the colonel

No offense taken MR. We have struggled with injuries for the last while but hopefully they will have cleared up in time for the final.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Here's the problem for Loughgiel now, they have a few weeks to prepare for the final with the whole village thinking they have it in the bag, the hype and all the other craic that goes on could hinder them.

looking forward to the final, should be in Casement ;)