Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

Plenty of hurling activity on this weekend, is the Ulster League fixtures still on for Saturday,

According to our club website Dunloy play a host of matches in the next few days,

v Loughgiel senior feis thurs night,
v Gorts u21 fc fri night
v Moneyglass sfl sat 3pm
v St Galls uhl sat 6pm
v ballycran reserve hl sun
v ballycran shl

bit of a clash there with football and ulster hurling league on sat.  Any other club in the same position

Its great really
What happens next????

Big Bob

I think the shamrocks will take it on sunday. They've been working hard in training for a few months now, getting over 30 at every session and only missing one player. Cushendall have only been training for about 2 weeks, usually get 10 players at training and are missing 6 players that would usually be in the starting 15.

Big Bob

Hell yeah its true. I think the seniors have to now get their minor team to train with them on tuesday nights so that there are enough to play a match. I've heard its the result of the reserve structures being a total shambles within the club over the past few years.

theskull1

Quote from: maxpower on May 01, 2007, 11:56:29 AM
Plenty of hurling activity on this weekend, is the Ulster League fixtures still on for Saturday,

According to our club website Dunloy play a host of matches in the next few days,

v Loughgiel senior feis thurs night,
v Gorts u21 fc fri night
v Moneyglass sfl sat 3pm
v St Galls uhl sat 6pm
v ballycran reserve hl sun
v ballycran shl

bit of a clash there with football and ulster hurling league on sat.  Any other club in the same position

Its great really

This is a really tough ask for any individual max is it not. I hope that we spread the play across whole player population, but that is not easy. Nobody should be playing more than 3 games. Hopefully abit of common sense is used to get everyone through this weekend
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Ruairi Og exile

Yeah Bob is right, attendance at training are poor enough at present. On a tuesday nite the seniors do train with the minors at present but that is because their is 9 away at the county(albeit some of them are injured),2 of our players are out of the country & we actually finsihed the match on Sunday with 4 minors on the pitch. Due to the lack of reserve matches in last couple of years very few reserves actually train & you cant blame them cos of the lack of matches.. Think that could change this year thank god. But there has been poor numbers at training for 2 or 3 years now

Big Bob

Told you so............................ thanks for backing that up Ruairi Og exile.

maxpower

absolutely theskull, i seriously pity dual players in weekends like this.  The managers need to put serious though into who plays what, the big problem i see is the reserve match on Sun. 

ideally skull 2 matches in 4 days woud probaly be plenty but i take on board no one should play more than 3, certainly nbodyshould play the two games on saturday.

What happens next????

Glensman

Tough one alright Max/Skull.

I personally would not start any U21 footballers at all in the Senior Feis Thursday. Why not take the football seriously for a change and the Gorts are a tough proposition.

I realise any Under 21 footballer doing well for the senior hurlers would maybe want to do both but the Feis is the Feis and they will probably be playing one if not two matches on Saturday.

If its done right this weekend could actually be a very useful tool for the managers of football/hurling and the club generally. As you say spread the playing time among the full extended panels...with preference to the U21 championship then the two Antrim senior leagues....people will get games.
Some good league action is what you have wanted Skull for an eternity - shame all your prayers were answered at once!

Big Bob

Have you got your Saffron Draw Ticket yet?
Tickets are £100.00 each and you can buy yours on line now  using your credit or debit card from anywhere in the world
You can also pay using PayPal  - Over £100,000 in prizes including a sunshine holiday apartment in Bulgaria, an Audi A4 2.0 TDi,
a VW Golf 2.0 TDi, £10,000 in cash and £3,000 in cash
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO BUY YOUR TICKET  ON-LINE NOW!
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=joemccormack%40odonovanrossagac%2ecom&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=The%20Saffron%20Sweep&item_number=Drawn%20on%201st%20June%202007&amount=100%2e00&no_shipping=1&return=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eantrimgaa%2enet&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&lc=GB&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

North Antrim

U cushendall men are a bit of a wind up! people dont listen to ur dibble about poor turn outs etc. We all know as you do that nothing is won in april/may and you have plenty of lads training with county teams. Was at the dunloy v glenariffe game at weekend. it was decent game with dunloy looking very sharp indeed. glenariffe are a poor team who although capable of the odd big game have some very average players. will prob go to feais cup game on thursday dunloy v shamrocks. hopefully bothteams will field strong lineouts although i heard winker is out for a while! I honestly though shams wud be buzzin at this time under new management.Any reports of how new m'ment team are goin? not sure if we have any shams on board yet! Dont think broadband has arrived their yet :)

Noname

Quote from: North Antrim on May 02, 2007, 11:48:49 AM
U cushendall men are a bit of a wind up! people dont listen to ur dibble about poor turn outs etc. We all know as you do that nothing is won in april/may and you have plenty of lads training with county teams.

Was reading the previous comments about turnouts for cushendall and was down by the Dall last night so decided to have a bit of a nosey at the training, at first i thought they had a really good turnout, but when i got talking to someone found out it was mostly the Minors, infact there was only 3 players who would be on the first team, with about 4 reserves, the rest where Minors,

i do agree with you though that nothing is won in May so i am sure they wont be too worried.

I agree with Bob? loughgiel should win on sunday though, Cushendall misiing far too many good hurlers through injury etc.

milltown row

So I take it Skull, Dunloy will not be playing full panel against ourselves this Saturday night? We would struggle to get players down for that time, more than likely be playing myself.

Think the senior football games have been moved till the Sunday

North Antrim

wudnt say that now. Loughguile havnt been firing on all cylinders and the dall seem to have the indian sign over them. i wud say dall will beat them by 2/3 pts.

antrim minors are going poor at min. i heard there arnt great turn outs at training and alot of lads who were involved last year say its a joke comared to last year. Excuses are accepted again!! and i cudnt believe boogie mcafee is training them. hes as bad a trainer i have seen. a couple of years ago he took ballycastle and by all accounts it was a shambles. and down minors have played 6 matches v southern opposition in the last number of weeks!

theskull1

Quote from: milltown row on May 02, 2007, 12:22:59 PM
So I take it Skull, Dunloy will not be playing full panel against ourselves this Saturday night? We would struggle to get players down for that time, more than likely be playing myself.

Think the senior football games have been moved till the Sunday

Think our football match is still on saturday...sure we've 2 achl matches the next day (sen & sen res)

As regards the starting 15 on saturday, I can't a full panel being available milltown. I'd say all our dual players will be away with the footballers and not be selected fot the hurling at all
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

Antrim Division 1 Hurling
Lamh Dhearg    2-11   1-14   St. Galls    Lamh Dhearg   
Glenariff    2-17   2-10   St. Johns    Glenariff   
Sarsfields    2-6   3-11   Portaferry    Sarfields   

Antrim Division 2 Hurling
Glenravel    1-9   0-12   Shane O Neills    Glenravel   
Gaeil Chluana    1-13   0-15   Armoy    Ahoghill   
Rasharkin    2-7   0-16   Tir na Nog    Rasharkin   

Antrim Division 3 Hurling
St. Agnes    6-10   2-8   Creggan Gaels    St. Agnes