Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Syd lay off Terry and Woody. The county could do without boys like you! You'll be the first boy looking for tickets to the All-Ireland when they get there in a few years!!!

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 02, 2007, 03:20:15 PM
Syd lay off Terry and Woody. The county could do without boys like you! You'll be the first boy looking for tickets to the All-Ireland when they get there in a few years!!!

I dont think the camogie final usually sells out so should be no problem with tickets  ;D
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Tony Baloney

I think Div. 2 mightn't be a bad place for Antrim to be in next year. It might encourage a bit more competitiveness with other counties around the same level in the pecking order as I honestly don't think they go out to play the big guns with the same heart.

Vlad The Impaler

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 02, 2007, 04:27:27 PM
I think Div. 2 mightn't be a bad place for Antrim to be in next year. It might encourage a bit more competitiveness with other counties around the same level in the pecking order as I honestly don't think they go out to play the big guns with the same heart.

Div 2 is certainlyour level. We have been either getting relegated or promoted since the year dot. We have suffered from delusions of grandeur for too long,we are nowhere near good enough. Maybe our players/management should spout off less in the paper about winning All Irelands within the next 3/4 yrs and take a reality check.

slow corner back

Well done to CPC a much needed bright spot for Antrim hurling.

milltown row

sorry Skull1 thought i had, i'm not a wizard on this yet!!!!

off work yesterday will send it later

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

The Truth

Skull & Milltown.........Get a room
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

Vlad The Impaler

I believe Sambo & Woody had the players out for a few pints the night before the Limerick match, would this come under the umbrella of "changing mindsets" & "cutting edge training techniques" that they were bringing to the setup this year. Excellent preparation for the most important match of the year.......

Baile an tuaigh

Under the new format with the current back door system, back in 1989 Antrim would not have made it to an All-Ireland. They would have had to play a Semifinal before advancing to the final. We get dilusioned a lot by that single event when we got to the final that we think we are better than we really are. What I would like to see is more concentration on our club scene and bring enjoyment back to the game the way it used to be. Hurling should be played every Sunday in the Summer. Warmer weather means more attractive and entertaining Hurling less injuries as well. It brings people out to see matches. The curent system has failed Antrim Hurling and people. Those in charge want to draw up new structures before the damage is irrapairable.

Guillem2

St John's (finally) won their appeal against explusion from the Feile. It had to go all the way to Croke Park and the whole Feile festival was at risk. Apparently the Feile organising committee thought they were independent of the GAA and could apply their own rules regardless of GAA policy. They also appear to think they are above the law of the land in the Free State.
Pity it was all handled so poorly. Feile is a fantastic festival of hurling.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

mightysaffrons

what happened giuillem??

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: Vlad The Impaler on April 05, 2007, 09:33:56 PM
I believe Sambo & Woody had the players out for a few pints the night before the Limerick match, would this come under the umbrella of "changing mindsets" & "cutting edge training techniques" that they were bringing to the setup this year. Excellent preparation for the most important match of the year.......

I thought this kind of evil behaviour only happened during Jingos reign,they would have got beaten had they not had a drink for the last 4 yrs but it is poor preparation.
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Guillem2

Quote from: mightysaffrons on April 06, 2007, 10:06:18 AM
what happened giuillem??

There's a whole thread on it on the old board. I don't know how to post a link but here's my post on the subject from last year:

Guillem2
(1/11/06 15:43)
Reply  St. John's, Belfast, banned from Feile for next 2 years
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Hoganstand

St. John's kids banned from Feile
01 November 2006

Antrim club, St John's have been told that they have been banned from participating in the All-Ireland Feile hurling competition for the next two years because they stayed in a hotel during this year's tournament.

St John's won the Feile in Cork, but were found guilty of breaching Feile rules by not staying with parents of their designated club, which was Bandon.

However, club delegate Tony McNulty has stressed that the Bandon club could not give assurances as to where the kids would be staying and felt they had no other option but to book into the hotel.

"The Bandon club was struggling and we couldn't tell the parents where their kids would be staying," said McNulty. "We couldn't give them names and addresses. We have a strong child welfare policy in the club.

"I don't think you can penalize children by banning them from a competition they have not been involved in. We are very much annoyed by this."

This seems very harsh on the young lads playing u13 & u12 this year. Surely another punishment could have been imposed. I'm no fan of the Johnnies but they have put in tremendous work at u12/u14 in recent years and this could set them back. Its hard to see how this helps promot hurling in Ulster 
Child protection is a big issue when you're in charge of 25 kids in this age group. You can't just sent them of to Cork and not tell parents who they are staying with.
I hope sense prevails and this is looked at again. Perhaps a fine. The Johnnies have plenty of cash!
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Square Ball

Thanks God this was all settled at last.

Guillem
Do they automatically qualify for this years Feile? if so will they be be going to families or a hotel?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid