Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Whats this about half the NA board standing down?

Jesus that would be a disaster
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

the colonel

I see the talk on the NA site, but where have the rumours come from? Obviously something has sparked this?

If it is to happen, then it may go in two ways. it could fall to its arse or continue to excel. Hopefully club members will take a look at what has been done in the last few years and ensure that all these inniatives will continue.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Last Man

Heard NK is definitely standing down, the rug has been pulled out just too many times. Brilliant work has been done in the last few years particularly in coaching and games development and being in and around it there was a powerful head of steam built up but the restructuring at HQ over the summer and and the ideas they have mooted for the future leave me feeling less than enthusiastic and must leave the NA board in an untenable position. The strategy appears to be to scrap the divisional boards which IMO sounds like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. ???

maxpower

North Antrim to their immense credit seem to have done fantastic work over the last number of years
What happens next????

theskull1

I've heard it all now. No one has done more than NK to push the game on across all clubs that are interested in developing the game of hurling (regardless of where they're from...South Antrim, Derry, Donegal). He's cushendall to the absolute back bone but all clubs will have benefitted from his commitment and drive. You'll not see too many County Board administrators at U8 blitzes. In fact at all age groups Niall would be there. He just loves the game and shows it by his involvement at the grass root while others simply pay lip service and push paper around and make a few phone calls.

The minute I start seeing a few more bodies around casement who look and show that they really give a damn about the game then I might change my view, but at the minute this to me is an absolute disater waiting to happen if it came to pass. Clubs will have to revolt IMO until they see that the County Board has the personnel with the right credentials and drive to deliver a entusiastic structure that at the very least equals what NA under NK's stewardship has acheived.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Last Man

What really confuses me is that a template has been created in NA that has been shown to deliver results for all clubs involved, that same template that could be applied wherever required but as usual personalities and petty rivalries come in to it and whats really important gets lost. The Div board system appears top work well in every successful hurling county I can think off so why not in Antrim or is saving face what its all about and sidelining those who wont settle for mediocrity.

maxpower

u21 Championship game between Dunloy & St Galls not played, St Galls didn't field.  referee their so not sure what will happen now,
What happens next????

milltown row

Quote from: maxpower on October 31, 2009, 02:01:31 PM
u21 Championship game between Dunloy & St Galls not played, St Galls didn't field.  referee their so not sure what will happen now,

this is my opinion, bad form that the match was not played, its been called off and re-fixed twice!!!

should we play without Burkey and CJ? well if it meant that we were not going to play at all then yes. no doubt that Burkey and CJ  had they played we would be a better team, but now 13 other players are not going to play in the semi final.

should St Galls win tomorrow then there was a free weekend next week, why would that date not suit?

this happened to the minor football final a few years back, poor form then also

playwiththewind1st

On a more general point, if a referee turns up & puts in a match report for any game that one, or even both teams failed to field, that should be the end of it.

The powers that be should ensure that the due fines are imposed immediately, points deducted, teams thrown out of knock-out competitions. There's far too much of this old shit goes on & next thing lo & behold matches are magically re-fixed & no sanctions imposed. Far too much time being wasted on this CHC & DRA shit imho. All needs to be sorted, but it never will be.

milltown row

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on October 31, 2009, 05:38:10 PM
On a more general point, if a referee turns up & puts in a match report for any game that one, or even both teams failed to field, that should be the end of it.

The powers that be should ensure that the due fines are imposed immediately, points deducted, teams thrown out of knock-out competitions. There's far too much of this old shit goes on & next thing lo & behold matches are magically re-fixed & no sanctions imposed. Far too much time being wasted on this CHC & DRA shit imho. All needs to be sorted, but it never will be.

your right, got to Interm. final back in 97. referee there, us on the pitch supporters paid into Casement and they didn't show!!! we the players wanted to play the game. we did in Januay! of course no fine or sanctions imposed. lucky we won the match

Minder

From what I read both teams agreed to this date so St Galls would have known there was a possibility they would have an Ulster Football match tomorrow. I take it the St Galls football manager put extreme pressure on the hurling management not to field. St Galls should be kicked out of te competition.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

Quote from: Minder on October 31, 2009, 07:07:57 PM
From what I read both teams agreed to this date so St Galls would have known there was a possibility they would have an Ulster Football match tomorrow. I take it the St Galls football manager put extreme pressure on the hurling management not to field. St Galls should be kicked out of te competition.

well if they are then its shite on the 13 other lads who have been looking forward to the game, CJ and Burkey were also looking forward to the game. crap all round.

Minder

St Galls should be punished though.

milltown row

Quote from: Minder on October 31, 2009, 07:39:53 PM
St Galls should be punished though.

has caused some debate, and agreed minder

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on November 01, 2009, 08:28:57 PM
The Johnnies didn't field against Rossa in the U14 league final.

St. John's bate Dunloy in the league.............

Word has it that Cushendall have pulled out of the league?................

Something stinks here.

Why would they have pulled out?