Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallBuster

Quote from: theskull1 on September 18, 2009, 02:43:07 PM
Hatchet...asking boys like Queenie and his sidekick to relax is pointless. They obviously have their agenda to try and rile...so common sense will not influence their behaviour too much.

I put a fair amount of detail into a post a page or two back about how in Antrim we should be focused solely on the development of standards over the next lot of years and what I think that would entail. I wouldn't mind hearing your comments on it. Something more informative and less schizophrenic than BB's comments would be great.

Maybe some people are just not interested in reading Your comments/Your ideas on the future development needs of Antrim Hurling.  I am sure if posters on this thread were interested they would have responded willingly, if there was any merit or substance to what you are saying.

Seems you have reached a stage of trying to coherse posters to read your contributions, doing the hard sell and all that! 

FFS lads, just all chill out! Life in Antrim is serious enough without all of this serious stuff. 

Skull, just wondering if you ever considered putting your ideas suggestions forward to the County Board.  Unless you do something like this, I honestly dont think your rantings will get the hearing you maybe expect it to have.  Posting on this thread also I dont think will carry much weight or substance to your proposals.

Schizophrenic - No!  Honest, frank and straight talking - Yes.  You really should not feel threatened by this.  You need to relax a little.  If you are suggesting I am a sidekick/cohort of that Queenie fella, your absolutely wrong.   I would never wish to be associated wit a St. John's man.  I have no time for the Huns!

BallBuster

Whats the chances  of Gregory O'Kane running for the County Hurling Managers post.  I see he has parted ways with Jordanstown.

A case of another Dunloy man in pursuit of the 'crock of gold' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BallBuster

Just heard this afternoon from a very reliaible source MITM is the 'TERRIBLE ONE'  along with Duffy!

that really should be interesting!!!!!! :o

Just on my way to Casement early, a few things need sorting out before tonights games!

BallBuster

MR, MR, MR what are you doing chum.  Balls being pucked up the middle of the park each time tonight by your keeper, straight in to the hands of Micko, sure a blind man would have seen that one.  The mind games of bringing Karl Stweart down onto the line did not work also.  St. Galls were indeed very lucky to come a way with a draw tonight, very lucky indeed.  The CJ fella needs a dose of the courage pills also, he hid all night and very rarely contested or won a ball for ye!  You can be thankful Aidan Gallagher was on song.

St Galls were sluggish in the second half and failed to get out of the blocks.  Some good indivdual effort but lacked cohesion as a team.

Lamh Dhearg fully deserved their draw.

A game which was near lost on the line, IMO!   >:(

milltown row

Lamhs did deserve a draw no doubt, cant remember a game were we've played lamhs and won by more than two. 5 up at half time and 7 up with 5 minutes to go!! but fair play to Lamhs, i'm sure the replay will be just as tough.

big result tonight for Rasharkin, they were great and deserved their win. i hope they do well in the Ulster Championship

ballbeg, i'll take onboard your observations, you've great insight into the game of hurling and this should not be wasted

BallBuster

Quote from: milltown row on September 19, 2009, 12:05:43 AM
Lamhs did deserve a draw no doubt, cant remember a game were we've played lamhs and won by more than two. 5 up at half time and 7 up with 5 minutes to go!! but fair play to Lamhs, i'm sure the replay will be just as tough.

big result tonight for Rasharkin, they were great and deserved their win. i hope they do well in the Ulster Championship

ballbeg, i'll take onboard your observations, you've great insight into the game of hurling and this should not be wasted

Always glad to help and offer advice to a 'minnow' in the game!  Maybe Skull (the learned one) will give you a hand on the line at the replay!!!!!!!!!!!.

The man in the middle

BB you sound very like Q? Notice writing similarities? At least you have left the 2 Refs alone from the games last night.TG or should i say HH, what difference does it make how many people are contributing through MITM, at last some of us can contribute and give our side, you curiosity sounds like a Ref that was,nt asked ;) Your Irish is perfect by the way, congratulations, all i can do is sign my name :D

milltown row

thanks for insight I'll use it like balbegs.

i can tell you've made telling decisions before, your insight into the game can't be measured please PM with your thoughts

theskull1

So when will the replay be milltown...cant be this week
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

Not sure when replay will be, more than likely wed week, would suit us better as the footballers are playing on Sat night.

the Ulster championship starts on the 11 of October so the Antrim winners need to be decided before that

The man in the middle

I,d say your right MR, Wednesday week has been penciled in at the moment. Will KS be fit enough for the replay or is it a wait and see scenario? Great weekend to look forward to Saturday and Sunday, seems the football may be easier to call than the Hurling. MR whats the draw in Ulster should you come through the replay which I expect?

milltown row

Fermanagh Champions Lisballaw Brewster park on the 11th. will KS be ready? he'll let us know in a week. he could have played the last 5 minutes, didn't think we'd need him with being 7 up. thats hurling for ya.

will be another close affair. Lamhs played really well, and we should be better for it with having a game played at high tempo. no offence to St Teresa's and Glenarm but a lot of our lads could not get up for those games. they were given a fright on Friday night and had there been extra time i think we would have lost.

having watched the game from a different perspective, what was it like to watch as a neutral. was it a poor standard game?

NAG1

so lads whats the verdicts for the final then, whats the good word?

The man in the middle

Quote from: milltown row on September 20, 2009, 12:05:26 PM
Fermanagh Champions Lisballaw Brewster park on the 11th. will KS be ready? he'll let us know in a week. he could have played the last 5 minutes, didn't think we'd need him with being 7 up. thats hurling for ya.

will be another close affair. Lamhs played really well, and we should be better for it with having a game played at high tempo. no offence to St Teresa's and Glenarm but a lot of our lads could not get up for those games. they were given a fright on Friday night and had there been extra time i think we would have lost.

having watched the game from a different perspective, what was it like to watch as a neutral. was it a poor standard game?

I would,nt say poor, some great individual performances on both sides. If you don,t mind me saying/suggesting i would play CJ in the half back line and nowhere else, I think he would be a Revelation to you and it would help his game tremendously. Only my opinion MR for what its worth. Your N0 9 the last night is not a midfielder, loose ball man. Give him a free role in the full/half forward line staying wide all the time, he looks like he would run all night and gives CJ a moving target and your half backs a continual option.

milltown row

Quote from: hardstation on September 21, 2009, 02:51:37 PM
I go away for a week and milltown has recruited gaaboard selectors.
:D

aye i've a band of selectors alright? i asked what the game looked like from the stand as neutral, and have been given points from everyone. still waiting on few to get back to me ;D