Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

would that be too easy? Ladies football finals on thursday at Casement thats why that dates not available

NAG1

Friday is the best solution then for everyone, good double header and everyone can leave casement for the weekend in Dublin straight after.

milltown row

just heard the Creggan Johnnies minor match is before ours!!

Cushendall Loughgiel wont be able to be played at Casement. Ballycastle on Saturday evening

NAG1

why would it be changed from the original venue if it is going to be played on saturday afternoon in North Antrim MR?

maxpower

Has it been set for this weekend
What happens next????

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: maxpower on September 01, 2009, 03:32:59 PM
Has it been set for this weekend
The county are meeting tonight to decide according to the county website. I'd say they'll arrange it for the 13th..its the easy option for them but not the right option. All the suggestions on here the most logical but that means nothing

viking48

word from the meeting is that the match is set for the 13th. apparently it went to a vote. must of been a Loughgiel fan who got the deciding vote  :D

Queenie

Winker got 4 weeks, which is up this Saturday night. Striking with minimal force i was told which comes with a 4 week ban. So he will have served the full by Saturday, glad he will be back should make more of a match of it for the Dall lads. What about JC is he back? WBFFSR whats the story in the camp, have,nt heard from you in a while? R U still with us.
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

Minder

Quote from: viking48 on September 02, 2009, 12:44:17 AM
word from the meeting is that the match is set for the 13th. apparently it went to a vote. must of been a Loughgiel fan who got the deciding vote  :D

Surprisingly Loughgile wanted to play it last weekend.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

Quote from: hatchetfield on September 02, 2009, 12:12:48 PM
So who do you all think will be taking the tumble out of Division 1 this year? 

Glenarrife look dead set to go up, although at long last Rossa seem to be getting their act together again. I dont think that we'll go up - not strong enough yet throughout in terms of attitude and commitment although i would love us to cuz we would have quite few players able to hold thei own up there!

How's things going with youselves MR?  Must be difficult for ya at he minute with the football.  Although the intermediate run (into ulster and all that) must provide a bit of incentive.

what run!!! haven't even played Glenarm yet. we are struggling at the hurling due to injuries and lads away. 5 starting players missing for friday night!! i'll be happy with a 1 point win. Glenarm may be the whipping boys of that div but i watched them against Clooney Gaels and they managed to stay with them and knock them out with two lates goals.

Footballers looking forward to the Cargin game and it should be a battle royal. training sessions have been hectic for the lads due to a lot of dual players but sure what can ya do!!  will give it a lash and see what happens

Minder

We are in a strong position but our fellas won't be training much now for the rest of the season, the table is also slightly misleading. It has us down as drawn a game, but that was a match with Glenarm that was postponed and will have to be played again.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

OK so the match is fixed for Sun the 13th, no point complaining anymore, but what is ridiculous is that they can say we'll fix the game for the 13th but not giving a venue or time?

ok sure there's no point telling anyone yet where it is or what time it is. Sure we'll let them wait a while?? How can they not fix it all at the one time?

the difference between success and failure is energy

Nemo

i believe Doc John isnt flavour of the month down in cushendall, not with the fact the match is now on the 13th, just the way it was handled.

only for the chairmans & or an unknown executive members intervention the match would have been this Friday.

the person i was talking too didnt go into any further details.

on the date of the match, i think this will benefit Loughgiel and still go with my prediction that loughgiel will win.

Colonel - any more info?

maxpower

Surely with it being a refixed game it will be back in Dunloy, think it'd be good for our club to host a big game like this and would be the best place to generate a big crowd, that is if our pitch is in good enough shape to hold it.

I think the additional 2 weeks will be a big bonus to Loughgiel who will have a couple if not all there absentee's back, but Cushendall have been saying they where to be light for last weekend too so perhaps both teams will be stronger.

My gut still tells me Cushendall, they just seem to have a defence that can suffocate Loughgiel (and most teams) forward unit, but very much a 50:50 game now
What happens next????

NAG1

Dont see where the 50:50 is coming from Max to be honest. I think Cushendall will beat them comfortably. Look at each line and match up the players and it starts to get very worrying for Loughgiel.

Your right Dunloy would be the best place for it, would generate a better championship atmosphere for the game than the other options.