Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesH

Anyone know the throw in time tonight in Loughgiel?

NAG1

which seems a bit unfair for a mid week game even being championship

Square Ball

Quote from: viking48 on August 19, 2009, 11:43:14 AM
heard glenarrife cudnt field a team against cushendall in the minor championship the other night ??? bit of a shame if you cant put a team on the pitch for championship

went to watch that one as I was down there, diddnt know why it was cancelled
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on August 20, 2009, 12:10:26 PM
Where to is the problem. Would be too late to get the notice out as well. Think they'll play it regardless.

Putting a national U21's competition in august shows what considerations are given to the club game and player welfare for that matter

strange considering the football equivalent is finished some time in May if I recollect. Not sure of the reason but I'm sure it could be fitted in a bit earlier in the year.

That asides we got two valuable points against the Crans last night and what a shitty night it was, windy and pishy rain throughout. Our lads started to play a bit better as a team and worked hard closing down, blocking and hooking and generally showing a bit of heart, so hopefully they'll get a bit of confidence out of it and build from there.

Heard the johnnies took a bit of a stuffing from Portaferry, not sure how much truth is in that though.

Lecale2

I thought Big Magic did well last night. That point he scored in the first half must have been all of 100 yards. The wind was difficult and I thought that Ballygalget got to grips with it better than the Crans. Good enough game considering the bad conditions.

milltown row

our game was cancelled. travelling across Belfast pick players up and head down to Clooney Gaels pitch for 6.45 for the match to be cancelled cause the pitch was clearly unplayable is crazy.

referee walked half the pitch before it was called off, it was that bad!!

difficult to get things going when the rain is this bad, Loughgiel's pitch will be bad enough. wet night might suit Ballycastle's bigger men.

Nemo

any word if the match is going ahead or not, sure has been alot of rain today

also just noticed the Mod on that "other site" was as helpful as ever when someone asked the same question  ::)  ::)

wideball - ffs ref

Quote from: Nemo on August 20, 2009, 04:17:52 PM
any word if the match is going ahead or not, sure has been alot of rain today

also just noticed the Mod on that "other site" was as helpful as ever when someone asked the same question  ::)  ::)

That fat bo****S Mathews (Ref.) will probably call it off anyway.  Is that the best weve got.  Whats wrong with Herbie or Wonderboy (Elliot)  or Terrible Reilly doing this game?  I think Dunloy will be up against it tonight if it goes ahead!
Doc John, surely Hamill will not be that cheap!

wideball - ffs ref

Queenie O, Queenie O, where the F**K are ye o?  Very quiet lately, got swine flu or something?

If you are sick, I hope it is nothing trivial!  Ya qu**r bollocks!  You going to the game tonight? Stay well away from me will.

imtommygunn

What's the story with the match tonight then? Game played or not?

Two Hands FFS

Dunloy by 3. Ballycastle had the chances to win it.

theskull1

Wasn't a great game with the pitch playing a big part in that. It's a bit of an old school pitch now. Too small and too soft.

Alot of breaking ball with no space led to alot of handling errors by both sides but moreso by Dunloy to be honest. Dunloy could have lost the game as only for a top class goal by Darren Quinn out of nothing in the second half to keep the town at arms length. They rained alot of ball into the square for alot of the second half and we dealt with it pretty well. I would say that Ballycastles forwards seen twice the ammount of ball as our forwards and that will have to be worked on.

Annoys me when you see a ref letting the game go on the firmer challenges (and your thinking great job - let it go) and then he gets really picky and blows up minor technical stuff. Overall he did alright
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

wideball - ffs ref

Quote from: theskull1 on August 20, 2009, 11:10:17 PM
Wasn't a great game with the pitch playing a big part in that. It's a bit of an old school pitch now. Too small and too soft.

Alot of breaking ball with no space led to alot of handling errors by both sides but moreso by Dunloy to be honest. Dunloy could have lost the game as only for a top class goal by Darren Quinn out of nothing in the second half to keep the town at arms length. They rained alot of ball into the square for alot of the second half and we dealt with it pretty well. I would say that Ballycastles forwards seen twice the ammount of ball as our forwards and that will have to be worked on.

Annoys me when you see a ref letting the game go on the firmer challenges (and your thinking great job - let it go) and then he gets really picky and blows up minor technical stuff. Overall he did alright

I agree Skull about the pitch being soft and small.  I thought Mathews was a little biased with Dunloy and was hard on Ballycastle on a few occasions.  Ballycastle had their chances and gave it a go.  I think if they were a little bit more physical in the tackle it may have made a bit of difference. I see thon bollocks Elliot on the line, I thought he may have been sanctioned for his recent misdemeanors.  Mathews always tends to blow the technical stuff but thats his way of demonstrating his importance during a game.  He seemed to be very chatty with the Dunloy fellas also.  Just makes you wonder about his previous close associations with Dunloy.  Ballycastle will come good in the near future.  Dunloy fellas (stalwarts) are well past their sell by date.  I think the great Dunloy era is over now for sure. 

Lecale2

Quote from: theskull1 on August 20, 2009, 11:10:17 PM

He can never win. Can he?

theskull1

No .... No he can't    :-\

Who are we talking about anyway?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera