Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north aontroim gael

Don't see how you can blame the linesman, theres an awful lot happens in a very short space of time in that clip and we only see one angle over and over again.

The linesman view would of been different again and he would of only seen it once.

I think the ref actually got it spot on with a sending of to Loughgiels No. 10.  Maybe a few yellows for the subsequent mellee if your being really picky.

Queenie

Skull his angle was better than that of the video, as it starts he steps in? 5 from dunloy has a pop at 10 from shamrocks, 11 who is on the deck gets up and pops 5 the same time as ding responds to 5 having a go. Now it happened fast but he is right on the spot, i can see why some people got pissed at him, however it was an absolute disgrace what happened to him after the game, no place in the game and should be dealt with severely.

wbffs-ref, i think the ref is from the All Saints club that sits on the CCC in NA, would,nt want to be in his shoes if he has made a mistake according to anailis!
Are you a missionary or a mercenary?  Remember, tallk is cheap!

wideball - ffs ref

Well, according to the 'Official Rule Book' Dunloy Number five - pulling the opponents face guard - straight RED CARD.  Number 11 from Loughguille, really put the sick in.  Ding did Jab him, but if you look at real close, clearly you will see number Eleven was the one who done the real damage.
Doc John, surely Hamill will not be that cheap!

theskull1

No point in convincing you Queenie....theres no chance you could be mistaken and that the lineman did not see everything we seen in the video after numerous replays  :-\

Ding was No 11 BTW wideball
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

wideball - ffs ref

Who was it refereeing this match, was it by chance Terry(ible) Reilly.  I was out of the country at the time and obviously could not attend.  It really does strengthen the case for th use of video evidence.  I hope the game between Loughguille av St. John's on Sunday last was on video also.  Some really dirty strokes (kicks).  Referee got all the Reds and Yellows right in this one.

Queenie

Skull I'm not saying he should have got everthing, the referee, umpires, line come on. The video shows no consulting with umpires, yes he consults with the line however the referee and all his officials should have been consulted then maybe they would have got the whole picture. Its the toughest job around and seems to be getting tougher.WBFFS-Ref what happened on Sunday, I'm a city man so be careful, did St Johns lose control, what about winker and MC FLL whats your views on this one? TR is on the CHC what about him, decent lad from my experience, what have you against him.

anailís

Quote from: JamesH on August 11, 2009, 04:03:20 PM
anailis, you seem to know a lot about the process, obviously leeking info from the club an you taking video from other side of pitch. The truth be told that the two boys were sent of last year against the same team, neither an angel. As for the head man he would hardly be worried about loughgiel as our men have beaten you in three recent finals with you full team and we gave you a 8 point lead in one final.

Not sure what exactly youre trying to say james about taking video from other side of pitch, or leaking info from Loughgiel. Seems you might be adding 2 + 2 and getting 5. The video i was talking about was from a member of Glenarm club, the info on the appeals hearing came from three different sources, a South Antrim referee, a North Antrim CCC member who wasn't at all happy with the investigation and a Loughgiel clubman. Not sure what you think of that but i haven't heard anyone on here contradict it yet. I'm sure if the story isn't true, Ding Gillan will be back up in front of the County or whoever and will be suspended. As far as what the "head man" as you call him thinks, i hadn't thought of it from the angle that he might have an agenda of trying to weaken Loughgiel come the championship. Based on what i saw at all the championship games last weekend, the championship is still between Cushendall and Dunloy, with Cushendall probably getting my nod based on their habit of peaking at the right time.

As far as the last few finals go, the results can't be argued, neither can the performances.

Gracious winners live long in the memory.

wideball - ffs ref

It's not that I have anything angainst Terry(ible) Reilly as such, but 'Gamekeeper - Poacher and all that.  He referees and sits on a panel which the judges on incidents. not trght if you ask me!  I just dont think that he is a competent referee, especially when it comes to a Loughguille and Dunloy match.  This game should have been refereed by either, Owen Elliot, Garret Duffy or Ray Mathews in that order.  Who appointed Terry(ible) for this game anyway?

I have to agree with Skull, queenie.  The Linesman cannot really be expected to see everything when a melle occours.  However, he should have maybe consulted with his umpires, fourth offical and other linesman.  It's amazing the things that may be seen by others in such situations.  I did not see Terry(ible) consulting with anyone!

theskull1

All I can do Queenie is take on board what you type and you have isolated the linesman as someone who has alot to answer for.

So are you now saying that the linesman doesn't have alot to answer for? Some consistency would help  :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

anailís

Quote from: wideball - ffs ref on August 11, 2009, 05:49:07 PM
It's not that I have anything angainst Terry(ible) Reilly as such, but 'Gamekeeper - Poacher and all that.  He referees and sits on a panel which the judges on incidents. not trght if you ask me!  I just dont think that he is a competent referee, especially when it comes to a Loughguille and Dunloy match.  This game should have been refereed by either, Owen Elliot, Garret Duffy or Ray Mathews in that order.  Who appointed Terry(ible) for this game anyway?

I have to agree with Skull, queenie.  The Linesman cannot really be expected to see everything when a melle occours.  However, he should have maybe consulted with his umpires, fourth offical and other linesman.  It's amazing the things that may be seen by others in such situations.  I did not see Terry(ible) consulting with anyone!

Sorry, the referee was called Hasson, it wasn't the other guy you mentioned.

wideball - ffs ref

Thanks Aalisis, I thought it the Terry(ible) one. Ach, Eamon Hasson from Derry, not a bad lad at all.  Sorry, I was obviously mis-iniformed.

wideball - ffs ref

So looking the previous comments made by contributors, is it a case whereby a 'High Profile Referee' from this county has actually told lies at a CHC meeting and actually deviated from the facts. Surely this will have implications fro his reffing career and justifiably so, if you ask me!  It will be interesting to see what the county godfathers do about this one.  See what I mean, FFS -  Ref, sure you couldn't trust any of the hoors when it come down to the nitty gritty.  Maybe time for some new referees to be schooled and brought to the fore, excluding the Terry(ible) of course! ;D

Queenie

skull everyone plays there part on the day, that team of officials on viewing the video did,nt thats what i am saying so in the interest of consistency the are all equally to blame. Players will always try to get away with what they can, thats why you have officials. On the day they got it wrong based on the video i may add, thats all. Good lads that they are, they too can make mistakes so they all have it to answer for, hows that.

wideball - ffs ref

Quote from: wihttp://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?action=profile;u=5728deball - ffs ref on August 11, 2009, 06:07:46 PM
Thanks Aalisis, I thought it the Terry(ible) one. Ach, Eamon Hasson from Derry, not a bad lad at all.  Sorry, I was obviously mis-iniformed.

Sorry, Anailís

anailís

Quote from: wideball - ffs ref on August 11, 2009, 06:35:23 PM
Quote from: wihttp://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?action=profile;u=5728deball - ffs ref on August 11, 2009, 06:07:46 PM

Sorry, Anailís

No bother wideball! Heard this evening that a young sub for Ballycran was hurt against Dunloy on Sunday, having to be ambulanced off the pitch. I heard it was an accident, he run into the end of a goal-scoring swing, is that right? Anyone know if he is ok? Any match reports from that game, if anyone was there?
Thanks in advance!