20 Paddy Mc Gill Cushendall
21 Conor Mc Kinley Dunloy
22 Colm Duffin Tir Na Nog
23 Dan Mc Killop Glenariffe
24 Ciaran Herron Kevin Lynch's
25 Brendan Herron Lamh  Dhearg
26 Kieran Kelly Ballycastle
27 Paul Shields Dunloy

Considering the injuries it's as good as can be expected. Not sure if both Micko & CJ will both start as unsure if Croke Park will fit both their ego's at same time?

NAG1

I can cofirm two hands that it definitely wouldnt be able to cope, I have say I am really disappointed that a guy who behaves in the manner he did towards our football manager is given the opportunity to pull on the saffron shirt in croke park.

Minder

We can look forward to several interviews with CJ this week in the Irish News.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Am I on my own thinking that he doesnt deserve this chance?

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: NAG1 on June 03, 2009, 02:31:01 PM
Am I on my own thinking that he doesnt deserve this chance?

No.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Yeah I think it leaves a serious bad taste in the mouth.

Should be interesting with Paddy out round the middle of the field Skull.

theskull1

interesting alright  :-\

Big paddy is hardly in the Derek Lyng/Jerry O Connor mold. Would have thought mobility was a prerequisite for 8 & 9. Hope he surprises everybody.

maxpower

Expect big Paddy to line almost as a 4th Half back with someone like Micko Herron or PJ O'Connell hurling in midfield.

Paddy won't do the running most 8 & 9's do but he does have excellent positional sense, good long range score taking ability and a good hand.

Would be a good way of suffocating the Dublin attack but winning a high percentage of poc out with Paddy, Neal & Cormac all excellent in the air.

Agreed that the it looks bad on the county with the corner forward
What happens next????

milltown row

its been a serious turn around for CJ to be starting on Sunday, he came into the squad late and has made an impression with his hurling skills. there is no other reason for him being in the team for Sunday.

we are without some good players due to injuries so he has been given a chance.  will we win? sure we've nothing to lose. everyone has us beat by 10/15 points Dublin have done well in div 1 and we came third in div 2. so with form like that we are beaten already.  i'm heading down with some optimism.

i hope that lads play to the best off their ability and come through the game win/lose/draw with their heads held high knowing they gave it their best shot.

Minder

Would there not be a chance Paddy will go into FF and Stewart or Mc Gourty will come out to midfield?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

slow corner back

There is no way Paddy Richmond will last round midfield for 70 minutes in Croke park. I expect to see him in full forward by the tenth minute at the latest. PJ o connell or Karl Stewart will move out the field. Personally I would like to see Stewart at CHF with McManus in midfield or even better CHB. With all due respect to Cormac Donnelly and Neil McAuley they are good hurlers but not the quickest and Johnny Campbell has struggled in the past when players run at him, much better attacking high ball. I can only assume that this team is a front and will line out with a host of changes. Karl McKeegan sweeping betweem full back line and half back line, McManus in midfield with Sean Delargy dropping back to help. It has been said before but starting with two defenders in your front six is not a great way to run up a big score. On the McGourty point I feel a bit sorry for Joe Scullion who had worked his way onto the team during the national league and has now been dropped for the championship, so much for slogging your guts out during the winter  >:(

NAG1

Tactically this is the way I think that we will start the game with the personel available to us:

1 Ryan Mc Garry     

2 Kieran Mc Gourty       3 Neil Mc Garry        4 Aaron Graffin 

6 Cormac Donnelly

5 Johnny Campbell                             7 Neill Mc Auley

8 Paddy Richmond

9 Karl Mc Keegan                 10 Sean Delargy       

14 Karl Stewart       11 Neil Mc Manus       12 Michael Herron

13 Conor  Mc Gourty          15 PJ O Connell

theskull1

You need legs and an appetite for hard slog to play in the midfield & half forward. Think paddy will be on the edge of the square after 10 minutes. It's not his game out there. You wouldn't ask eoin kelly (tipp) to do it for the same reasons

Two Hands FFS

NAG1,I cant see PJ & CJ in a 2 man FF line,think they would struggle to win enough ball as Dublin may have sweeper in there too. I can understand why Paddy may be in midfield as he would provide quality ball into forward but Croke Park for 70 mins in this weather would be too much for Paddy. I think we can guarantee some positional changes & that Antrim will not play an orthodox 15