Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: JamesH on March 07, 2009, 12:10:00 PM
I have to say if we don't beat Westmeath even with Duffin we should be shot esp as down beat them and we know how good they are.Glad Duffin is starting as i;m fed up watching him warm up beside S&W. As for Cushendall beating them don't take any notice of that as Cushendall are a better team than Antrim. Shocked to see Campbell and Nielly on after last weeks performance.
This would be the statement Colonel
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

Quote from: the colonel on March 07, 2009, 01:16:04 PM
are you talking about the current antrim team with colm duffin, neilly mcgarry, conor mckinley, kieran mcgourty, dan mckillop etc would beat DLS. no chance

so who came out with this statement and where

are you on medication?  scroll down 7 posts, its tough getting beat our lads got to croke park on St Paddy's day. still not over it

Two Hands FFS

Stupid argument. Antrim would probably beat Cushendall but it may be tight enough...but Antrim with the Cushendall players on board would be improved a hell of alot.

the colonel

minder, one of antrims problems is that they cant play always as a team.  cushendall would be more effective as a team than antrim in my opinion.  there are obviously some better players out there, but antrim can't play together and dont have a system as was discussed earlier

minder the statement i was on about was the one about DLS being first time winners of county, province
the difference between success and failure is energy

milltown row

1 ryan mc garry              mc quillans

2 kieran mc gourty         st galls

3 neil mc garry               shamrocks

4 sean delargy               ruairi og

5 karl mc keegan            ruairi og

6 neal mc auley              mc quillans

7 johnny campbell          shamrocks

8 brendan herron            lamh dhearg

9 paul shiels                   cuchullains

10 karl stewart                st galls

11 colm duffin                tir na nog

12 eddie mc closkey      shamrocks

13 pj o connell               clooney gaels

14 shane mc naughton    ruairi og

15 michael herron           lamh dhearg

bar maybe McKeegan who had a nighmare in Parnell that day it's not a bad team ;)

milltown row

so why don't Naomh Gall represent Antrim as they play better as a team  :P

your talking silly Colonel

Minder

But its a ridiculous argument to say a club team is better than a county team, as for cushendall playing better as a team well that will always be the case. Fellas in a club have been playing with each other since under age and train together all year,they should know each others game inside out. I would like to hear James H's view on it
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

Quote from: the colonel on March 07, 2009, 01:27:35 PM
st galls should, antrim football is shite

so ahane and Sarsfields and De La Salle and Ballyhale and....... see where i'm going

milltown row

alright we are coming round. my assessment about Cushendall would be that they do have 13 quality players but two ok players and a poor bench wont do it (grand for Antrim Championships) in the all ireland series

clootfromthe21

Just in from the Ryan Cup Final. Mary Immaculate 1-12, UUJ 1-5. There was 3 in it with about 5 minutes to go when UUJ had a free in from around the 21. McManus went for goal, it was saved. Wasn't a great strike, nor was the free that he took that went in in the first half. MI pulled away in the last 5 minutes. UUJ also had McCarthy sent off for 2 yellows with about 10 to go.

Poor enough game, dominated by a very strong wind running directly across the pitch. MI looked that bit better all over the pitch although O'Connell will kick himself for their goal - he stopped a soft enough shot and then managed to throw it over his shoulder into the net. UUJ's name players were relatively quiet. McManus was well held by their full back. Shorty had a serious clash with a MI player that left both on the ground. MI player took longer to get up, but Shorty seemed to be holding his shoulder afterwards - would suspect it will bve very sore tomorrow. McAuely, I thought was quiet and his striking wasn't as clean as you would expect. Got himself booked for stupidly throwing his stick up in the air at a ball passing overhead - it wasn't going anywhere particularly danagerous and in fact a UUJ player was waiting to gather it. Though Graffin was quiet as well.

All in all, I have to say I was a little disappointed at UUJ's performance. All the Antrim players came through unscathed, except, perhaps, Shorty. Will they go on the beer or will they head back up the road - that is the question??

St Mary's BMC won the Fergal Maher Cup 3-14 to 2-16 - sounds like a clinker.

milltown row

bad enough result for UUJ thought they would come through ok

if the injury is as bad as you say cloot shorty wont be playing tomorrow

on the beer? give them a break tough weekend and a loss also a few beers wont kill them

Two Hands FFS

120 people at match.yound woody & dan mck in for neal mcA & shorty.think we could struggle

youngfella

any one at the game today?
Pull hard and early

Two Hands FFS

12-11 antrim shocking

youngfella

jaysus! are all the poly fellas missing? If ther are thats the core of the team out, so any kind of win is good.

Who are the starting 15 ?
Pull hard and early