Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groundlie

RIP C.C

A great hurler who will be sadly missed!

Baile an tuaigh

Just after dropping off C.C. Connollys brother at O Hare airport in Chicago. The man is just past himself understandably. Maurice, CC's youngest brother is heavily involved in the GAA out here. Like everyone else here just like to say sorry for such a massive loss. RIP.

aontroim

Here is the list of players called back for the second trial - is there anyone in with a shout of making the panel?

Martin Mc Erlean Armoy
John Dillon Armoy
Chris Mc Afee Ballymena
Brendan Cousins Ballymena
Liam Casserly Ballymena
Martin Hunter Carey
Nathaniel Hunter Carey
Bernard Graham Clooney Gaels
Donal Graham Clooney Gaels
Arron Smiley Cloughmills
Liam Kearns Cloughmills
Martin Ward Gort Na Mona
Colm Keenan Gort Na Mona
Paddy Mc Caffrey Gort Na Mona
Sean Hall Gort Na Mona
Nial Grego Gort Na Mona
Christy Tumulty Lamh Dhearg
Michael Hasson Rasharkin
Declan Mc Kay Rasharkin
Conor Rocks Rossa
Jim Mc Kernan Sarsfields
Declan Mc Larnan St Agnes
Eoghan Caldwell St Endas
Fintan Gamble St Pauls
Rudi Graham Tir Na Nog
Kevin Sheerin Tir Na Nog

Condolences also on the death of CC Connolly - didn't know him personally but the loss of someone so young always has a big impact on family / friends / club etc. RIP

Two Hands FFS

I havent seen many of those players in action but those that I would have seen wouldnt be good enough but they deserve their shot at it sao fair play. Conor Rocks is a good prospect but I think its too soon for him, needs a year or so of Club Hurling for Rossa seniors.

Last Man

Met CC a good few times through juvenile coaching, a real good lad, not a bad inch in him I would say. I am saddened to hear this news and my thoughts are with his family, friends and club mates.

milltown row

was told today of his untimely death. always shocking when you hear of such deaths. my thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

milltown row

i wonder would he share his joke with us?

Captions please

Minder

I do believe Johhny Ping is rubbing Mc Garrys hand with his thumb.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

slow corner back

RIP CC terrible news for all concerned. I know his Father who is a true gentleman, God rest his soul.

themanwhowasntthere

Quote from: milltown row on November 24, 2008, 08:14:33 PM

i wonder would he share his joke with us?

Captions please

"i know that some smartarse will put this on that f*****g other website on monday, but just wait till you see my reply on the county website"

Teachtaire

Sorry to hear about CC's death. Hard to take on board. God rest him

johnneycool

Was CC the wee nippy corner forward for the bodies up until very recently?

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on November 25, 2008, 01:01:19 PM

Aye, i dont think he played last year or this year for their seniors. I remember he was up with the county for a year, maybe the last year of Dinnys reign or under Jingo.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Baile an tuaigh

CC had to give up Hurling from a back injury he received while playing in  challenge game down in Cork. Very sad. Tough times a head for the family.

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on November 25, 2008, 01:24:20 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on November 25, 2008, 01:01:19 PM

Aye, i dont think he played last year or this year for their seniors. I remember he was up with the county for a year, maybe the last year of Dinnys reign or under Jingo.

i marked the lad a few times in recent years and he was a decent spud, sorry to hear the news about him and only in his late 20's!

The things we take for-granted!!