Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesH

I think it was more like e50k, and the funding was to come from the Hdc in Croke park according to the explanation given at the last NA committee meeting.

Last Man

I hope you are right. Could be the best thing to happen for Antrim Hurling in a generation

the colonel

i see the county is having a trial for any intermediate/ junior players to join next yrs panel. i know there has been a few people recommended over the last while but who realistically is good enough for the panel?

the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG

Realistically there are too many players as is that wouldnt get other either the cushendall or dunloy sides which should nearly be a prerequsite to be part of the panel. This is just another smoke screen.

Last Man

Quote from: the colonel on October 27, 2008, 03:38:31 PM
i see the county is having a trial for any intermediate/ junior players to join next yrs panel. i know there has been a few people recommended over the last while but who realistically is good enough for the panel?

Very few in Junior would cut it in my opinion, they might look good at their own level but they are a cut below the Senior lads who get regular hurling at the higher level. What compounds the problem is that as well as ending up with splinters in their arse from the county, their club hurling can suffer to. Only going on the experience of one of our lads who was on the fringes in Dinny's reign, our best player by a mile but don't think he fielded at all for the county and when he was available to the club he was nowhere near his best. We got relegated that year and have never recovered since.
Definitely some good inter players are worth run, from St.Pauls,Tir na Nog, Clooney's.

the colonel

Quote from: Last Man on October 27, 2008, 04:23:59 PM
Quote from: the colonel on October 27, 2008, 03:38:31 PM

Very few in Junior would cut it in my opinion, they might look good at their own level but they are a cut below the Senior lads who get regular hurling at the higher level. What compounds the problem is that as well as ending up with splinters in their arse from the county, their club hurling can suffer to. Only going on the experience of one of our lads who was on the fringes in Dinny's reign, our best player by a mile but don't think he fielded at all for the county and when he was available to the club he was nowhere near his best. We got relegated that year and have never recovered since.
Definitely some good inter players are worth run, from St.Pauls,Tir na Nog, Clooney's.

who you talkin about here last man? any player already on the panel from these clubs don't have to attend the trial so its additional players they are looking for. maybe the likes of smiley and kearns who have been touted on here?
the difference between success and failure is energy

Last Man

Kearns and Smiley would be nowhere near IMO, Fiontain Gamble St.Pauls and is it Gormley(not sure) from Randalstown.

NonCharlatan

Hi there folks.

I understand this si the site where it all happens, pertaining to lambasting referees, county officials, ridiculing individual players and clubs.

Makes you wonder, where we all go from here regarding hurling in Aontroim.
I might be in the wrong place, but sure 'Immortality Beckons'

imtommygunn

Another one...

There's a few intermediate players about:
Gort: Quinn
Randalstown: Magill / Duffin

Who is Gormley from Randalstown?

What about that Maguire fella from St Teresas - is he much good?

The trials is a good idea anyway - would be worth it if for one or two players.

Arthur_Friend

Looks more like the same one.

Quote from a few pages back:

Numskull

Ye are a real Charlatan!

NonCharlatan

hI gUYS

I TRIED EDITING MY PROFILE AND ATTEMPTED TO INSERT MY PIC, BUT IT DOES NOT APPEAR TO SHOW?

NonCharlatan

I tink I has it sussed now!

NonCharlatan

My image still not coming through.  Thanks for all your help guys!

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NonCharlatan

Quote from: theskull1 on October 27, 2008, 06:05:05 PM
Can I help?  :)

Oh thank you friend, thats very good of you?  I am nopt able to show my image icon below my name.  In my profile, I have typed in http://www.kennygallery.ie.