Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assessor

Tis smee!

Heres wishing Garret Duffy, his linesmen and umpires all the very best for Sunday's County Hurling Final.  Have a good one and enjoy the day!

Remember, I'll be watching ye all.
'The Profound Assessor'

theskull1

Quote from: youngfella on September 24, 2008, 08:36:04 PM
Skulls getting a bit edgy. Christ there fans would be unbearable, even this side of the water. I'll go with the og's and the shams to shite themselves again, the og's have being there and done it

Unfortunately I've got nothing to be edgy about.  :'(

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG

Assessor

You are way off, and if you had been doing your job of watching and keeping an eye on some of the refs within the county maybe the standard wouldnt have dropped off. The players are fitter and more skillful now than they ever have been but there is a total lack of bite in the games, im not putting the balme totally at the refs but there is a proportion of balme to be taken.

If I have a chip on boths shoulders then I would be perfectly balanced you nonce.

MR IMO loughgiel would do well to get out of Antrim and then Ulster, I dont think they would have the physicallity or the scoring power to even live with the lynches should they get that far.

The game IMO will be decided by the mid field battle, this is where loughgiel routed dunloy and meant that they had more possession if cushendall can get on top in this sector then I dont see loughgiel winning. Its the key area and allowed the shams to set up attack after attack if cushendall can stop this then where do the scores come from? Handy frees?

Here is hoping for a good game anyway.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG on September 25, 2008, 09:01:43 AM

MR IMO loughgiel would do well to get out of Antrim and then Ulster, I dont think they would have the physicallity or the scoring power to even live with the lynches should they get that far.

You know what, I think you're right about the Lynches, I think it may be their year. Granted they need to beat Swatragh in the Derry final, then the Antrim champions in the ulster semi-final, before the winners of a potential Down champions v Keady semi-final.

If the bodies finally win an Antrim, they'll be celebrating like they'd won the big yin and maybe loose focus. The Lynches would have it over them in the physicality stakes and a wet october sunday (in casement no doubt) is a day for a big hallion as opposed to a fleet footed fairy.
The Dall may match the Lynches better but discipline may let them down and even though they gave our lads a good trimming at the weekend (who hasn't recently?) I don't think they're firing on all cylinders just yet but that can happen at any time.

As for whoever comes out of Down, they'd need to buck up their ideas as neither Portaferry or ourselves are anywhere near the level required to win an Ulster.

NAG

I think that clown better take that accusation down, he is not even repeating second hand info its more like 4th or 5th if its even truth at all!

Last Man

Agreed Minder, a first class rocket. .....Calm yer jets lad. ::)

theskull1

But he looks so cool in his Bruce Willis avatar :)

Would not give this eejit any oxygen on this board. A complete tool judging by his first 3 posts. Would the mods have a problem with what he has written?

Gaaboardmod3

I''ve deleted that post. Absolutely no place for it. Stayoutsidethesquare, please refrain from that sort of gossip and rumour mongering.

girt_giggler

theskull1

deleted for a reason girt  :)

NAG

On another note, has anyone got the inside track on the watch tower that is being built in casement.
Is it just me or did we not get rid of those?

What is it for?

Minder

Quote from: NAG on September 25, 2008, 01:41:36 PM
On another note, has anyone got the inside track on the watch tower that is being built in casement.
Is it just me or did we not get rid of those?

What is it for?

NAG it is a "control tower", any stadium over a certain capacity has to have one, even though there are usually never more than a few hundred people rattling about Casement. Probably just somewhere a bit more comfortable for the yellow bib brigade to watch the match and have their tea.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Antrim Coaster

I think the 'watchtower' being built in Casement is the Antrim GAA museum.

NAG

I just thought it was a very strange place for a press gallery, the one in healy park is on the half way line and is very modern
would get away from those scaffolds you see at any of the bigger games for the tv crews.

Minder

Quote from: NAG on September 25, 2008, 02:51:37 PM
I just thought it was a very strange place for a press gallery, the one in healy park is on the half way line and is very modern
would get away from those scaffolds you see at any of the bigger games for the tv crews.

I thought it was a press box and put a post on official site asking was it, they told me it wasnt, it was a "control tower", whatever that entails. Maybe thats where the handheld cd player is kept that they play Amhrán na bhFiann from before matches  8)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"