Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: NAG on September 24, 2008, 09:07:23 AM
Just to make it interesting anyone care to offer odds on the number of yellow cards?

What is the good word on Watson have the had the whole parish saying the Novena or is he fit and raring to go as usual.

I heard yesterday he was getting his jaw frozen and they are going to risk him, i think this injury is genuine enough though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG

To be honest if that is the case I think they are completely wreckless to ask a man, who obviously wants to play badly
to do that. This is not a hamstring or a twisted ankle that you might get away with, this is just asking for trouble IMO.

Minder

Quote from: NAG on September 24, 2008, 09:15:17 AM
To be honest if that is the case I think they are completely wreckless to ask a man, who obviously wants to play badly
to do that. This is not a hamstring or a twisted ankle that you might get away with, this is just asking for trouble IMO.

I agree NAG, he could have problems for years to come if he gets a belt on it. Lets be honest, he will be targeted for a few rough tackles in that area you would have thought.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG

Yeah and then there will be a hue and cry about the treatment that he got from cushendall players.

Its a county final and it is there to be won, if he isnt 100% fit then its not the cushendall players fault and if
he is on the end of a few tough tackles and cant come through it then they are not to be faulted.

Im not saying he will be targetted specifically but I would imagine that anyone who gets the ball in the first few minutes
will know they are in a match!

Stayousidethesquare

Bacon, my secrets out! How did you Know? Was it the spelling? I tell you what i do know!

Elliott did,nt get the final, was down to do the line, did,nt like it and has now withdrawn from the final!!!! How petty can you get! Ray Mathews is in instead, good to see, better man for the job. Elliott must have thought that his semi-final was good enough to get the spot!

They say players can be volatile!

davincicode

Lads Lads, can we concentrate on constructive comments, leave the man in the middle out of this. They are all good lads from what Ive seen, so let it be with the mixing! MR, Minder, Skull lets gets this back on track and deal with the game. Watson in 8 point win, Watson out to close to call point or 2 either way.

Well who agrees with me.

imtommygunn

Watson to do a Peter Canavan and win it for Loughgiel.

NAG

what part of canavan is he going to play? Getting the line against Armagh or rolling the goal in against Kerry?   ;)

theskull1

Winkers injury could work both ways for Loughgiel. It could deflect them from pondering on the number of finals they played in recent years and get them focused on taking pressure off him. Or they may go into the game concerned their main scoring threat is a major doubt to last the game along with the reality they are going into the pressure of competing in their sixth final in a row with such poor luck. Personally I think the former will be the case. Cushendall have played no serious opposition in weeks and as smooth as that may have left their preparations, they still haven't shown any real form this year and they will know this themselves. They could pull one out at this stage but I'm sure they will be going into the game with their own doubts. They haven't been picking up goals the way they have been in previous years (something they have become very reliant on in years past) coupled along with they fact Loughgiel don't giive many away. Loughgiel will out point Cushendall I believe, so on that basis I think they would be my favourites to win on Sunday.

I see the irony has been lost on Stayousidethesquare. A complete muppet
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Lecale2

Quote from: NAG on September 24, 2008, 10:08:10 AM
what part of canavan is he going to play? Getting the line against Armagh or rolling the goal in against Kerry?   ;)

Or diving for soft frees?

youngfella

Surely they cant play him. If they do they'd be going against all doctors advice and may as well have an ambulnce (SP) at the side of the pitch waiting to take him to the royal. I hope the managment have a bit of sense about this. 

I dunno who i wanta win, I hope lets it flow and doesnt become the highlight
Pull hard and early

Bacon

Quote from: youngfella on September 24, 2008, 02:43:48 PM
Surely they cant play him. If they do they'd be going against all doctors advice and may as well have an ambulnce (SP) at the side of the pitch waiting to take him to the royal. I hope the managment have a bit of sense about this. 

I dunno who i wanta win, I hope lets it flow and doesnt become the highlight

Why all the focus on the ref? He's a sound ref and I've no doubt he'll do a good job. If Liam Watson has a broken jaw he shouldn't be allowed on to the pitch. It just too dangorous. I think I'll take a run up for the match. It has the makings of a good afternoons hurley.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

youngfella

just dont want the man to steal the game from the fans. I'd love to go an see it. What are the odds?
Pull hard and early

Guillem2

Quote from: youngfella on September 24, 2008, 03:50:34 PM
just dont want the man to steal the game from the fans. I'd love to go an see it. What are the odds?

Haven't seen any yet but if i do I'll post them. I think Loughgeil can do it even without Winker. They had them dead and buried in the final 2 years ago before the mother of all come backs by the Ruiri Ogs. The 2 games with Dunloy will have done them the power of good. Shamrocks to win by 2-3 pts.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

theskull1

Just how dangerous is it to play with a broken jaw? Other than the possibility of further damage to the jaw (which should heal over time anyway) I wouldn't have thought there would be any long term health issues with doing so? Can anybody enlighten us?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera