Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davincicode

Its been very quiet in Loughguile, its a tough call altough i feel Dunloy will just edge it, depends on Connor Cunning i think, if he gets into his stride and distribution is good, then the war is over, its vital for dunloy i think! One mistake on either side could cost the game. I see Ray Matthews is in the middle, good lad should keep it tight, and both teams respect him, my only concern which some lads have recently said that his fitness may be in question, hopefully this is BS and he lets the game grow, he wont take any verbals from either side, best man for the job.

So what are the predictions lads?

milltown row

no better man in the middle, was Ray not fit? oh when was he ever fit stayed in nets for most of his years

davincicode

Heard that he did,nt look as sharp as he used to, some boys said that he struggled at the Gortsv TNN game put some beef on, was he a keeper in his playing career MR?

theskull1

Was in goal for Rossa for years. Decent netminder in his day was Ray
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

Ray was quite prone to stopping the close range blockbuster but letting one go through his legs from 80 yards.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Let he who is without sin .........

mmmmm don't remember much of that chuck.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

the colonel

anybody know how many tickets their club got for the hurling final? i think we got 16 due to our sweep sales. usually get about 8 i think. i wonder what cushendun got.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on September 12, 2008, 10:33:15 AM
anybody know how many tickets their club got for the hurling final? i think we got 16 due to our sweep sales. usually get about 8 i think. i wonder what cushendun got.

Glenariffe got 5 oul s*itty Canal tickets, thats our usual allocation i think.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Whitehair

Quote from: Minder on September 12, 2008, 10:37:26 AM
Quote from: the colonel on September 12, 2008, 10:33:15 AM

Glenariffe got 5 oul s*itty Canal tickets, thats our usual allocation i think.

St Johns must have gotten a handfull, 6 or 7 of their under 14's were running about the train to belfast playing hide and go seek! :D

the colonel

st johns as a dual club may have swapped football tickets for hurling tickets or else have alot of contacts in other places.

glenariffe always seem to have a good contingent going down as well. we also has a good few players on the county panel so this helped as well.
the difference between success and failure is energy

milltown row

we used to get a lot of tickets, our Sec. was going to Derry and Donegal for years and had great contacts. but this year we had to give the Sponsors some, which is fair enough. the usual suspects though get them every year. 6 Johnnies men behind me on the train and a load up in the first class part. then they had a crowd down at the sevens.

we are all heading down for the Sevens next week. staying over for the football. wont hunt for a ticket though. all the county boys should have tickets from county even the St Galls 4 ;D ;D

aontroim

Antrim JHC Semi Finals 2008

Rasharkin 5-15 v 1-9 Ballymena   
Cloughmills 1-9 v 1-15 St. Teresas

Clash of colours for the final anyhow - Cloughmills surprised by St. Teresas.

milltown row

na St teresas are a good team. Gorts win handy today at Milltown against Sarsfields will be strong for the final. Johnnies got roasted today by the Dall i hear. showing good form for championship. any reports Groundie?

aontroim

IHC Semi-Final - Gaeil Chluana 1-13 v 3-12 St. Paul's - disappointing result for the 'Gaels - well done St. Paul's.

Gort na Mona v St. Pauls FINAL

PlayWithTheWind

any word on the senior match?
Its not over til the fat lady sings!