Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

two games in Ballycastle this Sunday, in the first game the Clooney Gaels may have too much for St Pauls, very up and coming team and have made great strides this year, St Pauls still have a decent team but without training all year they will struggle.

the big game should be a cracker. by all accounts Dunloy are flying centenery year and although they may not say it it would mean a lot to win your Championship that year. with my own clubs coming up i'd say its a big motivating factor. Loughgiel, well thay have been trying to win for so long now i cant remember their last. they will always be up for this fixture and it's the first time in a few years that they have had a difficult game on paper for a semi-final.

i'm going for a shock here, Loughgiel by a point :o

the colonel

how was it received in dunloy that a few of their players have been in santa ponza so close to the semi final?
the difference between success and failure is energy

groundlie

I never meant 2 cause u any sorrow
I never meant 2 cause u any pain
I only wanted 2 one time see u laughing
I only wanted 2 see u laughing in the purple rain

Purple rain purple rain
Purple rain purple rain
Purple rain purple rain

I only wanted 2 see u bathing in the purple rain

I never wanted 2 be your weekend lover
I only wanted 2 be some kind of friend
Baby I could never steal u from another
Its such a shame our friendship had 2 end

Purple rain purple rain
Purple rain purple rain
Purple rain purple rain

I only wanted 2 see u underneath the purple rain

Honey I know, I know, I know times are changing
Its time we all reach out 4 something new
That means u 2
U say u want a leader
But u cant seem 2 make up your mind
I think u better close it
And let me guide u 2 the purple rain

Purple rain purple rain
Purple rain purple rain

If you know what Im singing about up here
Cmon raise your hand

Purple rain purple rain

I only want 2 see u, only want 2 see u
In the purple rain.

Shamrock

lads - lets stop going on about Watson. its his choice, let him get on with it. From our point of view he rarely lets us down on the big day. Dunloy - i hope he proves all you begrudgers wrong.

As for the best team "on the day" wins - well your probably right. But what i said the best team doesnt aways win i.e. its all on the day. Are Waterford better than Tipp, should portaferry have beat C'dall in Ulster final a few years ago. So at min Dunloy are best team. My argument is that that doesnt meanyou will beat us at weekend.

from all accounts, dunloy are talking themselves up - "were flying, our forwards are unstoppable at min, its our centennary, you lads will never beat us in a big game" all direct quotes from dunloy people i have spoke to in last week or so.So lets wait to Sunday - or maybe its all the "Windmill training" you have been doing ;) ;)

maxpower

Quote from: Shamrock on September 10, 2008, 11:54:12 AM
lads - lets stop going on about Watson. its his choice, let him get on with it. From our point of view he rarely lets us down on the big day. Dunloy - i hope he proves all you begrudgers wrong.

As for the best team "on the day" wins - well your probably right. But what i said the best team doesnt aways win i.e. its all on the day. Are Waterford better than Tipp, should portaferry have beat C'dall in Ulster final a few years ago. So at min Dunloy are best team. My argument is that that doesnt meanyou will beat us at weekend.

from all accounts, dunloy are talking themselves up - "were flying, our forwards are unstoppable at min, its our centennary, you lads will never beat us in a big game" all direct quotes from dunloy people i have spoke to in last week or so.So lets wait to Sunday - or maybe its all the "Windmill training" you have been doing ;) ;)

Your not talking to the same Dunloy folk i am, everyone in the club and around the team knows Sunday is a huge challenge and at this stage is a 50-50 game
What happens next????

johnneycool

Quote from: Shamrock on September 10, 2008, 11:54:12 AM

should portaferry (Ballygalget you mean) have beat C'dall in Ulster final a few years ago.

The Dall got two soft goals at the start and then got another in the dying minutes and still got beat by 5 or 6 points so I hope you're not implying that it was a fluke or I'll set Dan the man on you

theskull1

You must drink in the village inn Shamrock if thats what your hearing. Dunloy are under no illusions about the game this weekend and I'm sure that the management will have them well prepared for it. Youre a wile man for trying to put some sort of pressure on the opposition. Championship is Championship, and it'll will all be about what happens on the day

As for everybody giving winker a break...you forget that it was him going public and sobbing to the press which brought about quite valid responses from throse who disagree with his version of events. He's a walking soap opera who needs the limelight, so I'm sure he'd be quite happy with any publicity good or bad.

Also, I'd love to know what he has to prove wrong to us  ???

Is that Donal Dan you're referring to JC?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Dunloy

Yes shamrock, most of the people on this board have been around the block a few times too many to be riled by the whole "everyone hates us, its us against the world" mentality you are trying to stoke up for yourselves for the game at the weekend. i for one doubt very much that you have been talking to any dunloy folk who would be coming out with drivel like you quoted, and if that is the case they arent very knowledgable on the subject. Everyone knows it will be a hard game and whatever happens happens, as for begrudging watson and being "proved wrong" im not so sure you are fully up to speed with anything that has been going on on this board but no one has questioned his ability, merely his attitude toward county hurling. as for the comments on "windmill training" as someone mentioned i wish i could help you out but i have no idea what that is? :D and with regards santa ponsa, there amateur sportsmen/women...there quite entitled to do whatever they wish

milltown row

One yellow and you're off

Paddy Russell referee
10 September 2008

The GAA wants to introduce a new disciplinary system which will see players who receive a yellow card being sent to the sideline, with teams allowed to introduce a substitute in their place.

The move is aimed at cutting down on disciplinary problems which have crept into both football and hurling in recent years. Counties will be asked to vote on the motion at the Special Congress this October.

Rather than go for a simple sin bin system which works well in both ladies football and rugby, the GAA have decided that players issued with yellow cards, be it a straight yellow card or a card on the basis of multiple ticking from the referee, will take no further part in the game. However, managers will be able to keep their teams at 15 a-side by introducing one of their six permitted substitutes.

Fouls which will be deemed 'Highly Disruptive' will see players taking no further part on match day as they will be issued with automatic yellow cards.

The full list of fouls which will be classified as 'Highly Disruptive' are:

- To pull down an opponent

- To trip an opponent with hand(s), foot or hurley

-To deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play

- To bring an arm (or hurley) around the neck of an opponent

- To wrestle with an opponent, on the ground, and away from the play

- To remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a Match Official

On top of this a player who receives two showings of the black book from the referee will also dismissed with a yellow card, while three incidents of persistent fouling would also result in a yellow card.

just seen this on the Hogan Stand, what a load of balls, you'd have no players left!!!!

theskull1

That looks ugly alright

We'll have american football ad breaks coming in in the middle of that. Understand the sentiment behind the proposals, but don't like it at all

Is it only being proposed in Antrim Hurling milltown or what?  :-*
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

i would imagine nationally first, Hurling RIP soon to be a non contact sport.....god help us.

is it to be dry on Sunday? would hate to head down and get a soaking. Ballycastle has a great set up, but even in the summers when the sun shone it was wild cold in the town

Bacon

If this is true it will be a disaster! It deserves it own thread.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

playwiththewind1st

Never mind having no players, you'll soon have no refs left. Even Einstein would find it hard to follow all that tripe.

NAG

That looks like trouble even before it is in place!

What about the weekend what are the key match ups, what will the winning and the losing of the game?

Two Hands FFS

Is Molloy fit for Dunloy? He hasnt played much this season? The two full forward lines look very dangerous & how each defence cope could be the winning of the match. Anyone gives us likely line-ups as both teams have alot of strength in depth.