Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on June 06, 2008, 09:08:30 AM
McCarthy dumped by the Waterford team, big beating waiting for Antrim i'd say

I think that would be the case if Ian Paisley was managing Waterford.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

well he's out of a job and he'd be the age of Micko

Baile an tuaigh

There is also the Jim Mc Keirnan factor as well. I thought Jim and Paul Mc Killen should have been allowed more time. May be Sambo is nervous to loosing to a very limited Down team managed by Jim. Who knows. However, there is not enough regular games and consistant structured leagues to help the standards with in the County. The club scene should be our priority.

theskull1

On the money Baile an tuaigh. Unless we generate a local hurling scene, the quality will never be there in the numbers needed. Players like rountine games as do supporters. This stop start approach to club hurling just doesn't take us in the right direction IMO
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Two Hands FFS

SENIOR FEIS FINAL (from NA website)

The First Trust Bank Senior Feis Cup Hurling Final will go ahead in Dunloy this Sunday 8th June at 6.30pm between close neighbours and rivals Loughgiel Shamrocks and Dunloy Cuchullians. The Feis na nGleann Committee have been informed and given assurances by the County Chairman that ALL of the county players will be made available to their respective clubs for this eagerly awaited weekend clash.

This is the biggest weekend in the North Antrim GAA calendar and with 12 highly competitive finals down for decision over the three day period it is anticipated that there will be very large crowds and all GAA supporters are advise to come early.

Sensible move by all concerned. To be fair to S&W they havent cancelled many fixtures & have generally let the club matches go ahead. I agree that we should get regular fixtures. But its hard for the County to organise with Football commitments for Dual clubs....Clubs dont want to play without County players & even minor players in some cases etc 
We all want to have our fixtures on a Sunday aftrenoon like it used to be but the football clubs want to play then as well. Antrim are probably the only county in Ulster who treat both sports equally(whether that is right is for another day)...the rest of the counties manage it ok cos they give Gaelic first bill & f**k the hurling...its only a nuisance. Its hard to please everyone

youngfella

Any news from the weekend?
Pull hard and early

milltown row

Sensible move by all concerned. To be fair to S&W they havent cancelled many fixtures & have generally let the club matches go ahead. I agree that we should get regular fixtures. But its hard for the County to organise with Football commitments for Dual clubs....Clubs dont want to play without County players & even minor players in some cases etc 
We all want to have our fixtures on a Sunday aftrenoon like it used to be but the football clubs want to play then as well. Antrim are probably the only county in Ulster who treat both sports equally(whether that is right is for another day)...the rest of the counties manage it ok cos they give Gaelic first bill & f**k the hurling...its only a nuisance. Its hard to please everyone
[/quote]

so what do the other far more successful dual counties do, Corks, Limericks, Dublins, and the other dual counties that are beter than us, Tipp, Laois, Waterford, they are still developing better dual teams than us.

there has to be a format that works, be it football leagues played earlier in the year, hurling for the summer. any ideas?

Minder

Quote from: youngfella on June 09, 2008, 12:10:39 AM

New Approach won the Vodafone Derby, Nadal won the French Open, Euro 08 kicked off and i had a Dominos pizza last night.

groundlie

Quote from: Minder on June 09, 2008, 11:04:00 AM
Quote from: youngfella on June 09, 2008, 12:10:39 AM

New Approach won the Vodafone Derby, Nadal won the French Open, Euro 08 kicked off and i had a Dominos pizza last night.

Happydays lad sounds like you had a 'crackin' weekend.

glens73

Does anyone know who won the Feis Cup Final?

Glensman

Loughgeil won - think there was 3/4 points in it in the end. All men stayed on the pitch which is a win in itself.

Pretty stale affair slightly lit up by a few fine scores from Winker Watson (amazing when he applies himself and if he had more support Loughgeil would be dangerous).
Dunloy hit an awful lot of wides in the first half and although firing on no cylinders they weren't too far away in the end which doesn't really bode well for Loughgeil.

Shame Dunloy didn't win it at their home pitch and for their centenary but aside from being a good festival there are more important things ahead.

All county players played and came through unscathed. Neil McGarry too injured to play v Derry last week but player last night and looked solid enough against Dick.

Think Ballycastle won both under 16 and under 18 competitions...their youth structures (which I assume they must have in place) will hopefully start to bear fruit.

Glensman

Kettle maybe would be contending with Delargy for that slot but not McCambridge. He is not a corner back.
Full Back maybe or a half back.

girt_giggler

also noticed Neil McGarry was captain of the Loughgiel side on sunday evening also.

Glensman

Noticed that as well. Suppose fair enough.
Some turn around for a man brought off after 20 mins of a county final not so long ago.

Any word on Magill's injury then?

Minder

According to todays Irish News Magills injury is worse than expected and he could be out for the rest of the year.