Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

Perfect time for a championship match!

Minder

Is 8.00pm not a bit early? Midnight would probably suit better, i cant imagine many Derry football fans rushing back from Ballybofey anyway......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

The same day as Derry v Donegal.

Seriously that's a disgrace.

Hurling promotion my ass.

theskull1

Jesus that is brutal

Was there anything to stop Derry/Donegal and Fermanagh/Monaghan swapping fixture dates?

Hurling ....an irritating afterthought in Ulster circles. If Antrim are going to protest about the poor treatment they have been given at a national level you'd have thought they'd have made a bit of noise about this as well
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG

Minder

R McGarry; A Graffin, J McKeague, S Delargy (capt); C Herron, K McKeegan, J Campbell;

K Stewart, M Magill; P Richmond, L Watson,

P Shiels; M Herron, C Donnelly, D McNaughton

NAG

Not overly impressed by any faceit of that team to be perfectly honest.

Is this the best we have on offer?

theskull1

No out and out scoring forwards in the FF line would be my only reservation. Taking those on the panel who are injury free, I'd say this team is close enough to our best 15. Everyone could argue over 2 or 3 positions but it's not far away IMO

Two Hands FFS

I think there will be a few positional changes in that team as FF line are out of position. Defence is strong enough(or as good as we're gonna get) with McGarry struggling with injury so McKeague is in FB. . Donal McNaughton is a midfielder so I think he'll go there. Magill to wing forward & shorty to the corner. Paddy Richmond to swap with Micko Herron I reckon.

so from midfield up it might look like this...only guessing now but it looks more balanced
  Stewart McNaughton

Herron Watson Magill

Richmond Hippy Shorty

NAG

So we play our naturally best full forward in the corner to accomodate a guy who cant score and hasnt the pace to get out infront to win the ball either? to me this is a very strange selection

are there no other forwards on the panel that would make an impact, what about all these good minors we have heard so much about for the past 2 years?

Minder

I dont know whether its injuries that have blunted Mickey Monty but he hasnt been the same player the last couple of years, i would have said he was our best back a few yaers ago and now he isnt even getting on.

Two Hands FFS

Micky hurt his hamstring about a month ago & last week v Loughgiel was his first full match back. But also he hasnt started in a couple of the matches this year for S&W.

theskull1

Quote from: groundlie on May 28, 2008, 03:33:44 PM
I hate to say it but im a bit fearful going into this match. The forward line has no pace whatsoever. Derry will be up for this as ever, Derry don't fear Antrim.

S Delargy and McKeague are seriously dodgy.They can be easily exposed if you put the right kind of player in on them.

What happened to Mickey McCambridge? I thought he would have got his fitness back up too the required standard by now? He's our best option at FB.

Groundie....is there any need for you to isolate two very committed players when the fact is that every person on the team has the potential to struggle against top opposition? They are there on current form rather than form from a couple of years ago.

milltown row

Skull, back after a few days off, did ya happen to be at our pitch watching your minors against us in the minor hurlig Championship on Sat night?

good game for us and Dunloy were unlucky in not getting something out of the game, I'm pleased our lads got the win as the managers have put in a lot of work and hopefully they will put up a good display in the next round

Minder

Milltown i was at your pitch on Sunday........at the circus ! That will hardly help the playing surface.........