Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Yep - sorry maybe sounded like I was justifying it.

It was awful. He just flipped.

I don't recall anything with a sub bench other than I think the B'castle sub bench were all trying to have a go at him on the way off.

milltown row

Yes Skull the div 1 is a lot more focused than in previous years, I'd be happier if they dropped two teams instead of one, well after last night game against Ballycran I can see only one winner in that league, but I'm sure we'll push on through as they will change the leagues next year as usual.

The div2/3 league is also very focused with some strange results which will also make for competitive Championships, as teams will be hurling with more intensity.

I cant comment on our game last night as I was playing the mighty Ardoyne in a basement battle thriller which we edged out a win, over at the National Gaelic Ground that is Mallusk.

themanwhowasntthere

Quote from: hardstation on April 30, 2008, 07:10:37 PM
Also strange that this has come about after I told youngfella that we have a few refs on here..............or not.

To be fair, as far as I know, the text didn't refer to this site at all, it specifically mentioned an Antrim refereeing thread on another site.

youngfella

any you boys seen this http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7375867.stm looks like the excuses have began before the first ball has being pucked. Feel sorry for the young fella tho, but as Sambo says: I remember once playing for Antrim minors, under-21s and the senior all in the same day."
Pull hard and early

youngfella

Jaysus the county board have the big nose in everywere. they must have appointed Head of Monitoring Online Forum's for the Protection of Referees or the HMOFPR.

Like any referees would be caught up in an online slanging match.
Pull hard and early

Minder

Quote from: youngfella on May 01, 2008, 09:21:10 AM
any you boys seen this http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7375867.stm looks like the excuses have began before the first ball has being pucked. Feel sorry for the young fella tho, but as Sambo says: I remember once playing for Antrim minors, under-21s and the senior all in the same day."

Sambo and a soundbyte.......who would have thought?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

youngfella

Maybe, its safe to say he has lost the dressing room. Its about time kev mc gort, had a rant hes being quiet these days.
Pull hard and early

milltown row

i'm still confused as to how Kevin can train with the county hurling team and as yet not struck a ball for his club team.

three league games and three ulster hurling matches have been played and he has yet to play. Does Shambo know this?

NAG

I saw that soundbyte from sambo the other day and i was astounded at the ego. I am not shocked but for someone to come out and say that when the article was mainly about players injuries says alot about the man.

Milltown

You cannot play for your county unless you are at least making yourself available to your club for club games when called on. To have him there is a joke in the first place and fgor him not to be turning out for ye is even worse. I have watched him hurl in the past and he is unreal, his first touch is so bad his second is a tackle and his striking is abysmal.

theskull1

Quote from: milltown row on May 01, 2008, 09:54:10 AM
i'm still confused as to how Kevin can train with the county hurling team and as yet not struck a ball for his club team.

three league games and three ulster hurling matches have been played and he has yet to play. Does Shambo know this?

:o :o jesus. You're joking milltown. Seems to me that these lads love the name more than the game itself.

NAG...you never know what editing the article had before it was printed. He may have been asked a direct question about over training injuries. Not a classy reply I'd have to say, but on the more general point I'd tend to agree with him (if that was the question he was answering)

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG

Skull
Im not arguing that his point may have been correct in that maybe there was too much too soon for the two lads involved but to turn that around to a comment about himself is typical of his self publicity.

I am hearing that all is not well in the camp and that he has not been attending the training in recent weeks, woody has been there on his own. Im not suprised when you look at the squad at the moment must be very demoralising being in there at the moment.

youngfella

Time for humpy to come back. wonder would he even entertain the idea?
Pull hard and early

nrico2006

QuoteI heard on good authority that the fella he hit was wearing helmet/faceguard but his stick broke the faceguard and left him with a nice split on his head. The johhnies didnt even go back to the changing rooms, they just jumped into their cars and headed home.

Minder, who did he hit?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 01, 2008, 12:38:13 PM
QuoteI heard on good authority that the fella he hit was wearing helmet/faceguard but his stick broke the faceguard and left him with a nice split on his head. The johhnies didnt even go back to the changing rooms, they just jumped into their cars and headed home.

Minder, who did he hit?

His missus works with the big man, ask Tony Baloney
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

Aye, I was just checking if thats who you were on about as I heard someone else was also drilled and not only the aforementioned.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'