Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on March 21, 2008, 11:16:20 AM
PJ O Connell Clooney Gaels, i'm confused, couple of other players on the team that should try the bench for a change, Cormac Donnelly Mc Quillans Ballycastle, being one of them, and as good as a hurler he is but Michael Mc Cambridge has been woeful, but thats just my opinion and for ten pounds in to watch them home and away i can say that

Aye agree Milltown, Mickey Mc Cambridge has went badly backwards the last year or two, he was one of the best backs in Antrim for a few years. I dont think Paddy Magill has justified his place either, i just dont think he is physically suited to inter county hurling.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

thought Paddy scored a fine point on Sunday best score of the match from both teams, so i'd stick with him for a bit. good to see Donal McNaughton played well in Dublin when introduced. anybody going down?

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on March 21, 2008, 11:52:35 AM
thought Paddy scored a fine point on Sunday best score of the match from both teams, so i'd stick with him for a bit. good to see Donal McNaughton played well in Dublin when introduced. anybody going down?

It was a good point alright but im not sure it is enough to persevere with, he is too easily kept out of the game by a more physical player and is unable to impose himself on the game. In fairness he isnt alone. They would also be advised to play more directly, the amount of times our players were carrying the ball and coughing it up when they met a hard challenge from a Cork player was unreal.

Two Hands FFS

Paddy plays the majority of his club hurling at midfield & for a stage last year he was superb & his style is more suited to playing there. I'd have him on the team, Minder it's your opinion that he shouldnt be on...no harm as its your opinion.......it's back to the same old question who else is there??

maxpower

Quote from: groundlie on March 21, 2008, 12:12:18 PM
Cant believe some of the boys have kept there places here. Sean Delargy and Neilly McGarry for love nor money are not county standard players! Mickey McCambridge would be lucky to make the Cloghmills Junior B team, Herron and McKeegan have lost their form, O Connell not a county player, McNaughton one sided, Magill piss poor, Watson worst player on the feild against cork, Hippy too slow and has done nothing to impress me this campaign!

I think this could be antrims worst beating of all time on sunday!

Im a proud antrim man but I seriously fear that sunday could destroy the year!

Constructive

This weekend is a trip i am sure S&W and the players wish was over, it can only go one way, the past 2 harsh beating, low confidence against a team on top of their game, and a team with revenge on their minds.

would love to see the Saffrons put in a display but its stacked against them
What happens next????

theskull1

Quote from: groundlie on March 21, 2008, 12:12:18 PM
Cant believe some of the boys have kept there places here. Sean Delargy and Neilly McGarry for love nor money are not county standard players! Mickey McCambridge would be lucky to make the Cloghmills Junior B team, Herron and McKeegan have lost their form, O Connell not a county player, McNaughton one sided, Magill piss poor, Watson worst player on the feild against cork, Hippy too slow and has done nothing to impress me this campaign!

I think this could be antrims worst beating of all time on sunday!

Im a proud antrim man but I seriously fear that sunday could destroy the year!

Let's hear your 15 then goundie. If all those boys should have lost their place because of their performances, then name their replacements.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

Jack I've been at the games and in my not rose tinted glasses Karl Stewart has been one of the better players. In Dublin he had a poor game but for the life of me could not understand how he took him off on Sunday.

as for continually staying with Liam Watson on the frees it's totally beyond me. normally Winker does not miss but for the county he has been well below par this season

Rasmatazz:)

Lads i hate to say it but little cracks are starting to show,on the pitch and by the sound of u guys it could be apple crumble before the season start's , dv 2 player better than some so called hulers who past their sell by date :-* Bad dession ;D

theskull1

Come on wee lad....name your 15

Two Hands FFS

Gareth Magee started training with county squad, Micky Kettle & Neil McAuley are injured. Who's McDonald?

Sean Delargy has been one of the best defenders in Antrim the last couple of years.

Minder

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on March 21, 2008, 05:55:11 PM
Gareth Magee started training with county squad, Micky Kettle & Neil McAuley are injured. Who's McDonald?

Sean Delargy has been one of the best defenders in Antrim the last couple of years.
is it paul mc donnell from glenariffe? He was their best player last year and is better than a few that are there at the minute.

theskull1

So now we're saying that the panel that Antrim has is not as good as it could be and would be seriously strengthen by the addition of these players??

At best these players are no better than what we have in the side at present (and I'm being good to you at that on the whole)

On what basis can you argue that that is not the case? From what I've seen you have no argument

Of course change one or two players, but I can tell you our fortunes will not improve because of their inclusion and is simply tinkering

The type of players needed to seriously change Antrims performances don't exist, so we have to work with what we have. I don't think that the panel is that we have is that far away.

Quoteim first to say McFall is our greatest ever hurler, touch, speed, class,

You forgot "dedication and attitude"

youngfella

Mc fall  ;D your good for a laugh mate. Thats better than a friday joke that is
Pull hard and early

youngfella

well spotted HS, he seems to playing for both sides the lad does. But does rise an interesting point who is antrims greatest hurler? clout, humpy, barr. Anwsers on a postcard
Pull hard and early

themanwhowasntthere

I've noticed a scurrilous rumour elsewhere - that none other than www.gaaboard's very own Milltown Row has crossed over & become an authority figure.

Milltown - say it ain't so.