Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our-ball-ref

Any more word on this?

Minder

Was talking to a fella this morning (and negotiating free entry) who wears a luminous bib and has a walkie talkie in Casement on match days and he said it is still in Casement.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rasmatazz:)

Quote from: Minder on March 13, 2008, 08:43:59 PM
Quote from: Rasmatazz:) on March 13, 2008, 08:40:30 PM
Boy all this passionate feeling towards these last 2 days of chat was seen by u guys on the pitch would be a good start . Doe's not take much for this web site to get rocking  :-*
stay cool boy's, away to take the micky out of the scouser's 8) for now stay cool  ;D

Did your mother have any children that lived?
Yea minder im sure u know me :-X
Im very close to u  :-*

glens73

Another heavy loss, 17 points.

God knows how much Kilkenny will beat them by. They'll do well to keep it within 30 points.

Minder

Antrim 1-7 Cork 1-24 it could have been worse, Cork were playing with us. Men against boys

Our-ball-ref

Quote from: Minder on March 16, 2008, 04:09:37 PM
Antrim 1-7 Cork 1-24 it could have been worse, Cork were playing with us. Men against boys
Pretty much correct.

imtommygunn

wexford - dublin drew.

could be a play off on the cards.

Minder

I take it thats us down then if they drew?

Our-ball-ref

Yip.
Currently stand as:
                Pts
Dublin        3
Wexford    3
Antrim       2

And I can't see us picking up points against Kilkenny.

Minder

It will be very messy next week

Minder

A few things about todays match. We were totally obliterated in the physical exchanges, i dont think we came out favourably in any 50/50 challenges whereas the Cork players were walking through our tackles. One piece of action near the end summed it up, a Cork defender was going for a ball in the corner and was holding Karl Stewart at bay with one hand with some ease. Cormac Donnelly looked like the only player that had the physique to cope with the Cork players but he wasnt in the game at all. In the second half i dont think we won a ball in the half forwards & midfield. Granted it was difficult for the Antrim backs but they were behind their men so many times when the ball was played in, Mc Garry in full back seemed especially guilty of this. All in all it was pretty depressing stuff and scoring 0-2 in 35 minutes of hurling says it all.

Guillem2

We showed them far too much respect right from the throw in. We were standing back poking at the ball rather than getting in among them and pulling. The half time score was flattering.  In the second half they played with us like a kitten with a mouse. The annoying thing is that our lads didn't get annoyed by this!  >:(

I fear for next weekend in Kilkenny.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Mhic Easmuint

Full details and you your ticket online at: http://antrim.gaa.ie/saffron-sweep-2008/

Feel free to ask questions on the main thread.

NAG

Hate to say it but S&W are getting their just desserts.

They are tactically niave and they are picking the wrong teams.

Young donnelly from ballycastle not singling him out but playing him a centre forward when he has no pace?

Tony Baloney

They're obviously using him as the big target man up front in the mould of Jackie Carson. Only with more pace...