Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

The size of boys playing inter county hurling at those top levels is ridiculous - they're near like rugby player builds now. It's noticeable the last few years the size difference in antrim players too - Burke, Cunning, Molloy etc are significantly bigger.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 13, 2023, 03:58:18 PM
The size of boys playing inter county hurling at those top levels is ridiculous - they're near like rugby player builds now. It's noticeable the last few years the size difference in antrim players too - Burke, Cunning, Molloy etc are significantly bigger.

Yes but still on the 'small' size in comparison to lads in other counties
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Yeah. In reality we're the same in the football. Takes some commitment to get to those levels. (and over the last few years the hurlers have been doing that and have continuity tbf to them. Footballers too disjointed with different regimes / managers)

NorthAntrim

Quote from: barnish oggie on February 11, 2023, 12:35:08 AM
I'd be surprised if Ballymena even could field back when Ryan was part of their setup.

As I say, it's understandable, but how are they ever going to improve if every good players leaves.

Ryan played for All Saints seniors before his move. Won a junior B and competed in the Junior

https://thesaffrongael.com/2018/09/02/odds-on-favourites-advance-but-made-to-fight-all-the-way/

NAG1

Quote from: NorthAntrim on February 14, 2023, 09:38:08 AM
I'd be surprised if Ballymena even could field back when Ryan was part of their setup.

As I say, it's understandable, but how are they ever going to improve if every good players leaves.

Ryan played for All Saints seniors before his move. Won a junior B and competed in the Junior

https://thesaffrongael.com/2018/09/02/odds-on-favourites-advance-but-made-to-fight-all-the-way/

Lads you are discussing a juvenile member on a public forum here.

I would knock it on the head, this is not the place to be discussing it.

barnish oggie

Quote from: NorthAntrim on February 14, 2023, 09:38:08 AM

I was referring to underage teams, didn't think he was old enough to have played senior before the move.

But I take on board what NAG1 says, maybe best to drop discussing the subject as the original player that was talked about is still a juvenile.

Saffsof82

Poor minor championship match tonight, does nothing for Antrim or Derry hurling. The u20 game on the other hand went to the wire.

barnish oggie

Quote from: Saffsof82 on February 15, 2023, 10:39:11 PM
Poor minor championship match tonight, does nothing for Antrim or Derry hurling. The u20 game on the other hand went to the wire.

And we had a few of the u17s playing up to u20 as well.

imtommygunn

it wasn't as bad as the donegal u17 game.

Saffsof82

NorthAntrim

Should an u16 team be playing these games? And the u17 squad be doing the travelling to play stronger opposition

Saffsof82

It's the only way into Leinster championship I think, does away with the usual play off with Down.

imtommygunn

Is that a randalstown man playing for Tyrone?

barnish oggie

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 16, 2023, 08:16:22 PM
Is that a randalstown man playing for Tyrone?

Yeah Sean Duffin is playing for them

Saffrongael

What do we reckon this weekend? Suppose it depends how hard Waterford go at it. Maybe Gleeson may give a few other lads a run out with an eye on the pivotal Laois game
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come