Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 29, 2022, 07:44:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2022, 07:36:02 PM
Going to be difficult but anything can happen.

Hoping for a improved performance from the last meeting, that's all you can ask for, S'niel have raised the bar in Ulster club hurling. Up to the rest to lift it

I think it will be tighter the year
it won't and imo the reason why will be lack of ball winners.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 29, 2022, 11:18:26 PM

Hoping for a improved performance from the last meeting, that's all you can ask for, S'niel have raised the bar in Ulster club hurling. Up to the rest to lift it

Its not like the sleeping giant to have a pop at Dunloy lol!!

Yeah I'd say it will be tough, but Dunloy do have good fielders of the ball its whether they have a someone stuck up their backside for 60 plus minutes will determine if they come out of the other side, Cushendall tried their best to be that physical with them and it nearly worked, but the pace and fitness came through, hopefully the weather and pitch will be good to give us all the game we are looking forward to
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 29, 2022, 11:17:07 PM

Right!!!!!  :o

;D

A few years excepted lol.

Yeah SG unfortunately I think you're right but hope you're wrong. Nigel Elliot should make a decent difference to Dunloy mind you and the younger guys are another year stronger. It's an age old antrim problem football or hurling in that we don't have enough ball winning forwards.

Kidder81

You would think Dunloy would need a huge improvement from the Cushendall game as they struggled for long spells, they have it in them (I think)  ;)

imtommygunn

I do, maybe wishful I know, wonder have they trained to peak later in the hurling. Cushendall a hard team to play against too.

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 30, 2022, 09:36:58 AM
I do, maybe wishful I know, wonder have they trained to peak later in the hurling. Cushendall a hard team to play against too.

The Cushendall match might actually have been the best prep that wasn't there in previous years. However its been that long ago now it probably counts for nothing.

The Portaferry game was of no use to SN either so be interesting to see how the teams turn up on the day.

keep her low this half

With Glenarm losing the junior final at the weekend we could be looking at another Antrim whitewash in the Ulster championship. As has been said earlier on here it is very hard to judge both teams, Dunloy haven't played for ages and Slaughtneil walked through everything in front of them so far. Having said that any team that puts 19 points on Portaferry is impressive. Really looking forward to it, should be a cracker hopefully.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2022, 08:52:40 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 29, 2022, 11:18:26 PM

Its not like the sleeping giant to have a pop at Dunloy lol!!

Yeah I'd say it will be tough, but Dunloy do have good fielders of the ball its whether they have a someone stuck up their backside for 60 plus minutes will determine if they come out of the other side, Cushendall tried their best to be that physical with them and it nearly worked, but the pace and fitness came through, hopefully the weather and pitch will be good to give us all the game we are looking forward to
Jesus that's not a pop lol.Just don't see them having the ball winners, they do have some nice wee forwards, Nigel all year I said would make a difference and I don't think he struck leather in the county final so he's a performance in him.I thought Portaferry were terrible and Sneil untested so hopefully Dunloy gives them a rattle! I just can't see it.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

Huge  congratulations to Domnic Kearns and the team at Fibrus on their new sponsorship deal with Antrim for the next five years.

https://hoganstand.com/article/index/325926
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

johnnycool

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on December 01, 2022, 04:17:38 PM
Huge  congratulations to Domnic Kearns and the team at Fibrus on their new sponsorship deal with Antrim for the next five years.

https://hoganstand.com/article/index/325926

Tell the hoor to hurry up on the Ballygalget Road.  ;D

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Can't afford these wides!! In a game crusts close these need to go over

johnnycool

Dunloy taking their goal chances, SN aren't, they'll need to sink a few in the second half.

Tight game still there for SN, but Dunloy in the driving seat.

Owens doing okay on the whistle, doesn't referee much club hurling but does a few senior championship games in Down

Milltown Row2

No issues with the ref at the minute...

It's a 5 point wind though so clearances and style may change this second half

Nigel having a blinder

Baile an tuaigh

Divided loyalties for me. Dunloy is my mothers  club and my cousin manages Sleacht Neill.