Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 4825486 times)

Jonkunlon

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #40470 on: November 15, 2020, 09:59:18 PM »
Two teams go through to AI. Think it will be Antrim and Carlow/Kerry.

Ah I didnít realise that. Thanks. I expect Carlow. The McDonagh final is before the Liam McCarthy on all Ireland day this year. It would, well should now, be fantastic to see us playing in croke on ai day again.

Play Clare at corrigan and take tony Kelly out early lol.

[edit] I had a look. McDonagh teams donít get into the Liam McCarthy this year. According to this anyway...

http://www.tippsupportersclub.com/december-all-ireland-final-dates-confirmed-as-gaa-unveil-2020-championship-plan/

Unless they've changed the original plan due to COVID19

Joe McDonagh Cup proper

Initially each of the five teams play the other four teams in a round of single round-robin matches. The top two teams qualify for the Joe McDonagh Cup final, held at Croke Park.

All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship

The top two teams after the round robin games, in addition to qualification for the Cup final, also enter the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship proper. There they play the third-placed teams in the Leinster and Munster championships in the two All-Ireland preliminary quarter finals with the Joe McDonagh Cup teams having home advantage.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #40471 on: November 15, 2020, 10:05:51 PM »
I think they did. The McDonagh final is on ai day so it wonít be over before the all Ireland.  Itís usually over a good bit before it.

Jonkunlon

• View Profile
« Reply #40472 on: November 15, 2020, 10:18:54 PM »
I think they did. The McDonagh final is on ai day so it wonít be over before the all Ireland.  Itís usually over a good bit before it.

Definitely makes sense. Poor Antrim hurlers lose out this year. As was said earlier - getting a crack at 1B next season is more productive. It's the big prize.

antrimman667

• View Profile
« Reply #40473 on: November 20, 2020, 10:37:42 AM »
Is there ever any chance of a north Antrim team being started up again? it would be good for hurlers at junior/intermediate level to compete at senior?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40474 on: November 20, 2020, 10:42:50 AM »
Is there ever any chance of a north Antrim team being started up again? it would be good for hurlers at junior/intermediate level to compete at senior?

Belfast has tried this a few times over the years, the problem is training and getting some unity between the clubs.

Timing would be difficult, but it works in other counties, like Kerry for instance, where the south/east/west Kerry teams compete with the senior teams
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #40475 on: November 20, 2020, 12:57:15 PM »
It didnít seem a hit at all but I really like the idea of it.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #40476 on: November 21, 2020, 04:40:06 PM »
Kerry beat Carlow. Didnít think that would happen. We are through to the final unless we get hammered.

Antrim Coaster

• View Profile
« Reply #40477 on: November 21, 2020, 07:16:24 PM »
That was tried several years ago and the logistics proved to be difficult. However, I think that a South Antrim divisional team in the SHC would be a good idea. The travelling wouldn't be an issue and there are many good hurlers in Belfast who aren't all playing for senior clubs.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #40478 on: November 28, 2020, 01:24:01 PM »
Some of these Meath boys are huge. Tough game this.

Bradley and Clarke look sharp so far but we need to stop getting blocked so much. Not getting as much space as we have in previous matches.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #40479 on: November 28, 2020, 01:34:57 PM »
It would be nice if the ref would give Conor McCann a free at some point... Bradley on fire here.

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #40480 on: November 28, 2020, 01:54:20 PM »
Have to say the commentarys as entertaining as the match😂 Ben Dover and Mo Lester getting a shout out and all lol

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40481 on: November 28, 2020, 02:10:32 PM »
Sandy Row Antrim supporters club
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #40482 on: November 28, 2020, 02:30:44 PM »
Matty Donnelly is a great distributor of the ball. Always finds a good pass when he gets the ball.

Another good win here. Big scoring.

north_antrim_hound

• View Profile
« Reply #40483 on: November 28, 2020, 04:47:35 PM »
Commentary was golden, jeez from Bangkok to sandy row we have some support. He was getting scunnered near the end in fairness.

BrendanAntrim

• View Profile
« Reply #40484 on: November 28, 2020, 05:35:02 PM »
Bradley's sequence of points towards the end of the first half.....class. Its a real treat to see an Antrim team playing consistently well, the squad seems to have genuine depth about it. I hope to God we get to play a proper Div 1 next season, see how we get on against Wexford, Clare, Dublin and whoever. Can this squad make an impact in the Liam McCarthy?

There does seem to be a 'professional' environment about them. Love to see it.