Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 17, 2018, 08:45:33 PM
25 Minutes at least, its not exactly Motorway ffs
35 minutes from Belfast
County Chairman and assistant treasurer from St Johns..so it will be in Belfast

I just think it should be in Ballymena. But as I said, a far bigger crowd will go to matches in North Antrim, i'd be saying the same if it was Dunloy or Loughgiel.
Anyway it doesnt really affect the match, I just think its common sense.

Plenty of siege mentality stuff coming out, county bashing refereeing bashing, venue bashing! Very strange, never heard the Dall be like this before
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hand up

Why does the Match have to be in Belfast!! Cushendall played Rossa In Corrigan 2 years ago and there where more City Gaels in the bar watching the Celtic match!! For Atmosphere, Better Venue it should be in Dunloy. The last match between these 2 teams produced a classic and the County made a fortune. The bear pit has no real parking space, the pitch is grand, but personally I don't enjoy looking through a keep net.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2018, 08:50:04 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 17, 2018, 08:45:33 PM
25 Minutes at least, its not exactly Motorway ffs
35 minutes from Belfast
County Chairman and assistant treasurer from St Johns..so it will be in Belfast

I just think it should be in Ballymena. But as I said, a far bigger crowd will go to matches in North Antrim, i'd be saying the same if it was Dunloy or Loughgiel.
Anyway it doesnt really affect the match, I just think its common sense.

Plenty of siege mentality stuff coming out, county bashing refereeing bashing, venue bashing! Very strange, never heard the Dall be like this before
It's not siege mentality at all. It wouldn't matter a difference  to the the result at all, but for people all over the county wanting to watch the match I dont think the likely venue of Lamh Dhearg is a good place to hold the crowd you could get elsewhere.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2018, 08:44:52 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 17, 2018, 08:36:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2018, 08:28:00 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 17, 2018, 08:19:58 PM
Probably will be   :-\, even though you'd get twice the crowd in North Antrim and better venues.

Ballymena is right in the middle

19 miles to ballymena from Cushendall, now unless Corrigan has moved recently then it's not the middle

Where in Belfast? Lamh Dhearg?  Creggan worth a shout maybe?

Sarsfields have a stand! Parking probably a big problem but the Westies could bus it! Creggan is a great shout in fairness, I'm sure though that the Johnnies will put an argument for a Belfast venue as the final will be in Ballycastle

Parking is a disaster in the Bear Pit. Could be a double header in Ballycastle.

Two Hands FFS

One Saturday
One Sunday

Milltown Row2

Well as long as our game against Creggan is in Belfast with a Belfast ref  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

As long as he applies the rules of the game properly it doesn't matter where they are from.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 17, 2018, 09:29:17 PM
As long as he applies the rules of the game properly it doesn't matter where they are from.

Jesus lads give it a rest, the gurning is getting embarrassing now.

Two Hands FFS

Na Glinntí Glasa

naw lads not in Dunloy, ill not get to see the bloody start of the game cause ill be stuck down the road on car park duty! lol

Im making a guess that our game will be in Ballycastle?
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 18, 2018, 08:28:56 AM
naw lads not in Dunloy, ill not get to see the bloody start of the game cause ill be stuck down the road on car park duty! lol

Im making a guess that our game will be in Ballycastle?

Cushendall St John's in Dunloy
Dunloy Loughgiel in Ballycastle/ Cushendall

Harsh reality is that outside of Corrigan there isnt another hurling pitch in Belfast capable of hosting it.

These are one of the three show piece games of the year and they deserve to be played in a venue which is suitable to that, regardless of where that may be geographically.

auld stock

MR2 the only thing embarrassing here is the fact that an experienced ref took it on himself to apply a higher & lower standard to 2 teams playing in the same game game. Maybe you were at the game on sat?? If so then perhaps you would give your analysis of how the ref performed?? & maybe ease the "gurning".  Also heres a roll play for you. A cdall player gets deliberately struck twice on separate occassions. The ref takes no action. On the third occassion he gets struck again but this time he deliberately strikes back. What action should an experienced ref take at this point??

Jesusjones

Quote from: auld stock on September 18, 2018, 10:59:34 AM
MR2 the only thing embarrassing here is the fact that an experienced ref took it on himself to apply a higher & lower standard to 2 teams playing in the same game game. Maybe you were at the game on sat?? If so then perhaps you would give your analysis of how the ref performed?? & maybe ease the "gurning".  Also heres a roll play for you. A cdall player gets deliberately struck twice on separate occassions. The ref takes no action. On the third occassion he gets struck again but this time he deliberately strikes back. What action should an experienced ref take at this point??

MR2 was the ref!!
The 2 senior semi finals should be a double header on the Sunday and the junior and intermediate finals a double header on the Saturday.

themac_23

Anytime ive seen MR2 ref, or indeed had him as a ref hes always been fair and ive never seen him 'apply different rules to different teams' wasnt at the game at the weekend so cant comment on his performance but id safely say any calls were made due to what he seen and not to try and make a game of it.

Also, no offence Auld Stock but i think you knew fine rightly MR2 was the ref, i think you wrote your message intentionally to have a pop at him which i think is bad form on a forum

auld stock

Mac 23 you will see in my first post that i said i had never heard anyone previously say he was a poor ref, which implies he is a good one. For the record i didnt know he was the ref on sat but now i do is it fair to ask him as you say did he genuinely not see 3 deliberate strikes & a hurl been thrown in the air in an attempt to block the ball???
If he says he didnt see those incidents then i have to take his word for it & let the matter rest. However if he didnt see these incidents it only completely backs up my previous comments that he should not ref any further cship games this year as unfortunately he simply isnt up to it