Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 3958135 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #38175 on: September 17, 2018, 07:06:01 PM »
Fair play to Mickey Culbert at St Galls, he appears to have them all singing from the same hymn sheet. With promotion to Division one already secured and county final to look forward to, it will be interesting to see how they combine this with a potential run in the football championship. Have they anyone else to come back in for the final MR2?

Yeah Mickey has turned things for the hurlers as we at the start of the season were looking pretty bad with some heavy defeats, corner turned and players back from injuries and we have looked steady without actually setting things on fire. Burkey to come back and Stevie Morrison in defence.
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #38176 on: September 17, 2018, 07:29:29 PM »
That standard generally is the same most years for one team coming up.... Rossa proved their worth yesterday once they got some of the walking injured back, possibly with their full team would have put up a better showing based on their early league form.
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #38177 on: September 17, 2018, 07:33:49 PM »
That standard generally is the same most years for one team coming up.... Rossa proved their worth yesterday once they got some of the walking injured back, possibly with their full team would have put up a better showing based on their early league form.

And what about the reffing  :D

To be fair Rossa should be competing and would have been closer other than some crazy 'transfers'.

Serious stuff from here in.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #38178 on: September 17, 2018, 07:40:17 PM »

And what about the reffing  :D

To be fair Rossa should be competing and would have been closer other than some crazy 'transfers'.

Serious stuff from here in.

Squeaky bum time..

As for next year, for us to be competing better than Sarsfields wed need a fully committed bunch of players. Otherwise well end up on the end of some hammerings

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #38179 on: September 17, 2018, 07:46:35 PM »
Dunloy v Shamrocks
St. John v Dall

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #38180 on: September 17, 2018, 08:17:02 PM »
Dunloy v Shamrocks
St. John v Dall

One in Belfast?

Two Hands FFS

• View Profile
« Reply #38181 on: September 17, 2018, 08:19:58 PM »
Probably will be   :-\, even though you'd get twice the crowd in North Antrim and better venues.

Ballymena is right in the middle

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #38182 on: September 17, 2018, 08:23:20 PM »
Probably will be   :-\, even though you'd get twice the crowd in North Antrim and better venues.

Surely Ballymena is the venue for games between city & North Antrim teams ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #38183 on: September 17, 2018, 08:28:00 PM »

19 miles to ballymena from Cushendall, now unless Corrigan has moved recently then its not the middle
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 08:30:00 PM by Milltown Row2 »

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #38184 on: September 17, 2018, 08:36:37 PM »

19 miles to ballymena from Cushendall, now unless Corrigan has moved recently then its not the middle

Where in Belfast? Lamh Dhearg?  Creggan worth a shout maybe?

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #38185 on: September 17, 2018, 08:44:52 PM »

Where in Belfast? Lamh Dhearg?  Creggan worth a shout maybe?

Sarsfields have a stand! Parking probably a big problem but the Westies could bus it! Creggan is a great shout in fairness, Im sure though that the Johnnies will put an argument for a Belfast venue as the final will be in Ballycastle

Two Hands FFS

• View Profile
« Reply #38186 on: September 17, 2018, 08:45:33 PM »
25 Minutes at least, its not exactly Motorway ffs
35 minutes from Belfast
County Chairman and assistant treasurer from St Johns..so it will be in Belfast

I just think it should be in Ballymena. But as I said, a far bigger crowd will go to matches in North Antrim, i'd be saying the same if it was Dunloy or Loughgiel.
Anyway it doesnt really affect the match, I just think its common sense.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #38187 on: September 17, 2018, 08:50:04 PM »
35 minutes from Belfast

I just think it should be in Ballymena. But as I said, a far bigger crowd will go to matches in North Antrim, i'd be saying the same if it was Dunloy or Loughgiel.

Plenty of siege mentality stuff coming out, county bashing refereeing bashing, venue bashing! Very strange, never heard the Dall be like this before

Hand up

• View Profile
« Reply #38188 on: September 17, 2018, 08:58:08 PM »
Why does the Match have to be in Belfast!! Cushendall played Rossa In Corrigan 2 years ago and there where more City Gaels in the bar watching the Celtic match!! For Atmosphere, Better Venue it should be in Dunloy. The last match between these 2 teams produced a classic and the County made a fortune. The bear pit has no real parking space, the pitch is grand, but personally I don't enjoy looking through a keep net.

Two Hands FFS

• View Profile
« Reply #38189 on: September 17, 2018, 09:11:31 PM »
35 minutes from Belfast

Plenty of siege mentality stuff coming out, county bashing refereeing bashing, venue bashing! Very strange, never heard the Dall be like this before
It's not siege mentality at all. It wouldn't matter a difference  to the the result at all, but for people all over the county wanting to watch the match I dont think the likely venue of Lamh Dhearg is a good place to hold the crowd you could get elsewhere.