Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Minder on September 13, 2018, 12:56:01 PM
Sad news from Randalstown about Darryl Heatley, an absolute gent, I'm sure some of you would have known him from playing against him.

RIP

Gees I mind him from playing. Awful. RIP.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Minder on September 13, 2018, 12:56:01 PM
Sad news from Randalstown about Darryl Heatley, an absolute gent, I'm sure some of you would have known him from playing against him.

RIP

Absolutely unreal. Many a drink and chat I had with him.

RIP Pal..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ciaran1988 on September 13, 2018, 01:49:41 PM
Predictions for this weekend games and prices from Paddy Power

Sarsfields (10/1) vs Cushendall (1/50) - Cushendall by 15+
St Johns (1/10) vs Rossa (11/2) - St Johns by 8
Carey (8/15) vs Creggan (13/8) - I can see extra time needed
St Galls (8/15) vs St Endas - St Galls a good bet here I see them winning by 5 at least

What's the thoughts of other posters on the games

St Endas are a great bet, we've been very lucky against them in both league games

Anyone from the other game, Creggan massive value ..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Antrim Coaster

Anyone offering 13/8 on Creggan would need their head looked at.

I fancy them to beat Carey although it will be one hell of a scrap.

Sweeper 123

Carey beaten finalists last year, turned over a very fancied Clooney Gaels team last time out - i think the bookies have the odds right; Not saying Creggan wont turn them over but Carey have to be favourites on league performaces and championship performance to date;

But sure i thought Tir Na Og would turn St Endas over and it wasnt even close - lol;

breakingball

Quote from: ciaran1988 on September 13, 2018, 01:49:41 PM
Predictions for this weekend games and prices from Paddy Power

Sarsfields (10/1) vs Cushendall (1/50) - Cushendall by 15+
St Johns (1/10) vs Rossa (11/2) - St Johns by 8
Carey (8/15) vs Creggan (13/8) - I can see extra time needed
St Galls (8/15) vs St Endas - St Galls a good bet here I see them winning by 5 at least

What's the thoughts of other posters on the games

Cushendall by 20+
St. John's by 10+

Both intermediate games are coin tosses

imtommygunn

Creggan game not as tight as expected. They won by 5.

Cushendun v glenarm in the juniir final.

ciaran1988

Creggan won 0-18 to 1-6. Not a great game Carey were very poor and never got going. Creggan won handily without playing anywhere near their best either. Good result for them and they know they have plenty more in the tank as well

imtommygunn

27 point win for cushendall. 3-30 to 0-12.

Nearly into the business end.

Last Man

Quote from: ciaran1988 on September 15, 2018, 06:41:57 PM
Creggan won 0-18 to 1-6. Not a great game Carey were very poor and never got going. Creggan won handily without playing anywhere near their best either. Good result for them and they know they have plenty more in the tank as well
Shocked by the margin, expected a Creggan win based on their experience of winning big games but what happened to Carey?? Still expect tomorrow's game to be tight all the same.

Antrim Coaster

Creggan were playing with any breeze advantage in the first half and had 7 points on the board before Carey actually copped on that they were in a match.

Carey's body language departing the field at half time indicated that they knew they were beat.

A lad sent off 10 minutes into the second half added to their woes and Creggan really just had to maintain the points gap to see out the victory.

I think Carey did all their hurling in the previous round against Ahoghill because they didnt bring a lot to Armoy today.

Was impressed with Cushendun in the first match. Their hurling was sharp and St Pauls never seemed to be playing to a game plan except to lump it in high where their full forward was causing a bit of havoc under the dropping ball. Their penalty miss in the first half certainly didnt help their cause either.

Cushendun had the breeze in the second half and slotted over several points without reply and the St Paul's goal in injury took the bad look off the scoreboard when they were going for goals.

Last Man

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on September 15, 2018, 09:23:43 PM
Creggan were playing with any breeze advantage in the first half and had 7 points on the board before Carey actually copped on that they were in a match.

Carey's body language departing the field at half time indicated that they knew they were beat.

A lad sent off 10 minutes into the second half added to their woes and Creggan really just had to maintain the points gap to see out the victory.

I think Carey did all their hurling in the previous round against Ahoghill because they didnt bring a lot to Armoy today.

Was impressed with Cushendun in the first match. Their hurling was sharp and St Pauls never seemed to be playing to a game plan except to lump it in high where their full forward was causing a bit of havoc under the dropping ball. Their penalty miss in the first half certainly didnt help their cause either.

Cushendun had the breeze in the second half and slotted over several points without reply and the St Paul's goal in injury took the bad look off the scoreboard when they were going for goals.
Delighted for Cushendun getting to another final, sounds like they are carrying better form into it this year. Would love to see them get it done.

Milltown Row2

Workman like win for us tonight against St Endas, we didn't look like losing but a fully loaded Enda's team would have pushed us harder..

Should be a decent final and we'd be raging favourites but  Creggan are a decent team similar to ours with fit dual players, Creggan would have the younger squad but experience helps so here's hoping for  a great final!

Rossa will be scratching their heads tonight, hurled really well and took the lead, but too early as the johnnies managed the game in the closing stages well and stuck two late goals for good measure..

Championship starts now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 16, 2018, 08:50:56 PM
Workman like win for us tonight against St Endas, we didn't look like losing but a fully loaded Enda's team would have pushed us harder..

Should be a decent final and we'd be raging favourites but  Creggan are a decent team similar to ours with fit dual players, Creggan would have the younger squad but experience helps so here's hoping for  a great final!

Rossa will be scratching their heads tonight, hurled really well and took the lead, but too early as the johnnies managed the game in the closing stages well and stuck two late goals for good measure..

Championship starts now
One to forget for us, really didn't anticipate us being that poor, made look that poor I suppose. We were clueless, well done St.Galls.
Surprised the Johnnies were so cagey today, you were always expecting them to go for the jugular yet they were happy taking long range options most of the time. A game they needed to get out of the way without taking too many risks perhaps.

Jesusjones

Slaughtneil into the Derry final but they only squeezed past Dungiven by a point.