Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 3862533 times)

ciaran1988

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #38040 on: August 08, 2018, 01:28:43 PM »
Just seen betting prices for Sunday's game and have to say I'm quite shocked to see Ballycastle as suck strong favourites for the game. Ballycastle 8/13, st Johns 11/8

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38041 on: August 08, 2018, 01:32:02 PM »
Just seen betting prices for Sunday's game and have to say I'm quite shocked to see Ballycastle as suck strong favourites for the game. Ballycastle 8/13, st Johns 11/8

Tradition? Leagues are for playing Championships are winning? Castle at home must play a part in those prices surely?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #38042 on: August 08, 2018, 01:53:21 PM »
More likely just the bookies havenít a notion what is is going on in Antrim hurling and are guessing odds to an extent
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #38043 on: August 08, 2018, 02:40:26 PM »
More likely just the bookies havenít a notion what is is going on in Antrim hurling and are guessing odds to an extent

No backdoors in the Antrim Senior championship?

Are Ballycastle harmonious this year? Is Cofi Annan managing them?

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #38044 on: August 08, 2018, 02:45:26 PM »

No backdoors in the Antrim Senior championship?

Are Ballycastle harmonious this year? Is Cofi Annan managing them?

If the Johnnies are serious this year then they could well push the big teams, forget about the game the other day as they were missing a good lot, still managed to knock over 19 points (let in 5-27) without playing well or anywhere near as well as they have of late, having 'seen' them a couple of times this year they have improved...

BUT!!!! Championship at Ballycastle will be a different affair, the Town wont suffer from fright playing against the Johnnies in their own backyard and if and that's a big if, they can get out their strongest team they won't be far away
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Jesusjones

• View Profile
« Reply #38045 on: August 08, 2018, 04:10:32 PM »
I'll be putting money on the Johnnie's at that price. St. John's are going well in the league. They drew with Loughgiel and beat ourselves. I'd say it's a long time since they had results like that. Ballycastle have been winning in Div 2 but not by big margins. Beat Armoy by 5 and Randalstown by 1 recently.

ciaran1988

• View Profile
« Reply #38046 on: August 08, 2018, 04:45:39 PM »
Them prices are long gone now with St Johns now 10/11 and the Town at evens. Are Ballycastle missing Ciaran Clarke for championship anyone know?

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #38047 on: August 08, 2018, 09:19:21 PM »
Is Div 2 two up and two down ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #38048 on: August 08, 2018, 09:20:14 PM »

Sweeper 123

• View Profile
« Reply #38049 on: August 09, 2018, 08:52:53 PM »
Hear there was an incident with the ref last night at the Div2 match  between Armoy V Sarsfields;

Jesusjones

• View Profile
« Reply #38050 on: August 10, 2018, 08:02:57 AM »
Hear there was an incident with the ref last night at the Div2 match  between Armoy V Sarsfields;

Care to elaborate?

Sweeper 123

• View Profile
« Reply #38051 on: August 10, 2018, 08:53:31 AM »
Unfortunately was not at the match myself so not sure of exactly what occured but apparently the ref was man handled

cfclg

• View Profile
« Reply #38052 on: August 10, 2018, 10:27:02 AM »

Yes

I would prefer to see the leagues be one up and one down. It makes the whole thing too fluid from season to season. As long as there is no further tinkering to the leagues, one up and one down would work ok I think. Any thoughts?

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #38053 on: August 10, 2018, 10:35:36 AM »

Yes

I would prefer to see the leagues be one up and one down. It makes the whole thing too fluid from season to season. As long as there is no further tinkering to the leagues, one up and one down would work ok I think. Any thoughts?

I'd vote for that..  ;)

Seriously though there's not a whole pile wrong with 2 up two down as it gives a lot more to play for at the bottom of Div1 and the top of Div2 and so on and so forth.

Although I did hear of a St Galls player joking that they needed to lose a few games in case they got promoted!!

NAG1

• View Profile
« Reply #38054 on: August 10, 2018, 10:55:31 AM »

Yes

I'd vote for that..  ;)

Seriously though there's not a whole pile wrong with 2 up two down as it gives a lot more to play for at the bottom of Div1 and the top of Div2 and so on and so forth.

Although I did hear of a St Galls player joking that they needed to lose a few games in case they got promoted!!

Pretty much sums them up.