Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Should be a decent double header in Armoy on Saturday week. Good to see a club like that getting rewarded for getting their grounds in order and being welcoming hosts.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 06, 2017, 09:24:41 AM
Should be a decent double header in Armoy on Saturday week. Good to see a club like that getting rewarded for getting their grounds in order and being welcoming hosts.

What games are they? great set up, possibly parking the main problem but they open up the fields for that, as long as its not raining!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 06, 2017, 09:36:31 AM

What games are they? great set up, possibly parking the main problem but they open up the fields for that, as long as its not raining!!

Great set up? parking attrocious and no atmosphere at any game I have been at ever.

The right two venues picked for the matches, looking forward to a good weekend of hurling.

paddyjohn

JHC & IHC hurling finals. Yeah, parking can be a problem at times.

north aontroim gael

Whilst Armoy's sand based pitch is a great surface at this time of year the viewing facilities at the pitch are poor but I suppose it depends on the crowd of people they have to cater for. It might be OK for Junior / Intermediate finals but certainly wouldn't cater for the crowds at the senior S/Finals.

paddyjohn

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 06, 2017, 09:59:40 AM

Whilst Armoy's sand based pitch is a great surface at this time of year the viewing facilities at the pitch are poor but I suppose it depends on the crowd of people they have to cater for. It might be OK for Junior / Intermediate finals but certainly wouldn't cater for the crowds at the senior S/Finals.

I was at the same venue last year for the same double header and viewing wasn't bad.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i thought Armoys set up for the U21 final between ourselves and Lgiel was more than good. fields opened up to park in and well marshalled. Was able to stand on the bank and get a good view for the match.
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 06, 2017, 10:12:13 AM
i thought Armoys set up for the U21 final between ourselves and Lgiel was more than good. fields opened up to park in and well marshalled. Was able to stand on the bank and get a good view for the match.

I think the walk from changing rooms to pitch for a senior championship games is always going to be a concern for them.

SillyAsFaugh

Very happy with Armoy as a venue.

As for the atmosphere problem they don't get the really big games, the likes of Loughgiel Vs Cushendall would have an atmosphere no matter where it would be played. Carey vs St.Galls or the JHC would be quite dead, no rivalry and less people care to be quite frank. 

paddyjohn

Quote from: SillyAsFaugh on September 06, 2017, 02:24:36 PM
Very happy with Armoy as a venue.

As for the atmosphere problem they don't get the really big games, the likes of Loughgiel Vs Cushendall would have an atmosphere no matter where it would be played. Carey vs St.Galls or the JHC would be quite dead, no rivalry and less people care to be quite frank.

Of course you're happy, most of your lads played on Armoy as a home pitch as underage players I'm sure.

Stillwater2

The Venue for the JHC and IHC Finals is a disgrsce.

Both Belfast Clubs travelling while the NA teams nip nxt door.

Surely made sense to play them at Ballymena or Randalstown?

saffron123

Quote from: Stillwater2 on September 06, 2017, 03:12:02 PM

Obviously would be fairer on the city teams having the matches in Ballymena or Randalstown but County dont care what is fair. Main reason for having the matches in Armoy is that they will get a bigger crowd there as apposed to Ballymena/R'town. Bigger crowd means more money.

NAG1

Quote from: saffron123 on September 06, 2017, 03:22:23 PM

Obviously would be fairer on the city teams having the matches in Ballymena or Randalstown but County dont care what is fair. Main reason for having the matches in Armoy is that they will get a bigger crowd there as apposed to Ballymena/R'town. Bigger crowd means more money.

Which is required to keep the county operating and functioning?

Or would you rather it was taken to Belfast where still the only people (in the main) there would be from the two NA teams?

paddyjohn

According to Google maps it takes 58 mins to get from Glenarms pitch to Armoy and it takes 1hr 2mins to get from Gort Na Mona to Armoy.

saffron123

Quote from: NAG1 on September 06, 2017, 03:47:24 PM
Quote from: saffron123 on September 06, 2017, 03:22:23 PM

Which is required to keep the county operating and functioning?

Or would you rather it was taken to Belfast where still the only people (in the main) there would be from the two NA teams?

I never said it was wrong to have it at a venue that draws a bigger crowd. I simply stated the reason for it being there in the first place.