Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciaran1988

Saul McCaughan back to the rescue for Ballycastle yesterday. A much needed league win over Ross's. They are getting a few players back in just in time for championship

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: ciaran1988 on July 31, 2017, 12:43:20 PM
Saul McCaughan back to the rescue for Ballycastle yesterday. A much needed league win over Ross's. They are getting a few players back in just in time for championship

Who called Saul
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Hectic

Quote from: Last Man on July 31, 2017, 11:33:21 AM
Quote from: Hectic on July 31, 2017, 10:10:22 AM
Having a scan through the league tables there and I see Glenravel are right down at the foot of Div 3/4.  If memory serves me right they played in the top half of Div 3 after the split last year.  As such this is a fair drop and even more significant when you consider who is managing them this season.  I know it was always said that Nelson was the real man behind the Shamrocks AI success - this probably further vindicates this view point.
They were Div.4 last year,I think it has a lot more to do with an aging team in fairness and having to struggle against div.3 teams, they'll be targeting a  run in the JHC all the same. I don't think there is any doubt that Nelson's input with the Shamrock's was key to their success and PJ has bound to have learned a fair bit off him in the process. How this translates to taking a struggling lower league club I don't know.

Right does not look just as bad then - for some reason I thought they were Div 3 last year but realise you are correct.  I did think with the appointment they would be looking to kick upwards so was surprised to see them right at the foot with the exception of the two teams who get thumped on an ongoing basis.

Last Man

Quote from: Hectic on July 31, 2017, 01:25:22 PM
Quote from: Last Man on July 31, 2017, 11:33:21 AM
Quote from: Hectic on July 31, 2017, 10:10:22 AM
Having a scan through the league tables there and I see Glenravel are right down at the foot of Div 3/4.  If memory serves me right they played in the top half of Div 3 after the split last year.  As such this is a fair drop and even more significant when you consider who is managing them this season.  I know it was always said that Nelson was the real man behind the Shamrocks AI success - this probably further vindicates this view point.
They were Div.4 last year,I think it has a lot more to do with an aging team in fairness and having to struggle against div.3 teams, they'll be targeting a  run in the JHC all the same. I don't think there is any doubt that Nelson's input with the Shamrock's was key to their success and PJ has bound to have learned a fair bit off him in the process. How this translates to taking a struggling lower league club I don't know.

Right does not look just as bad then - for some reason I thought they were Div 3 last year but realise you are correct.  I did think with the appointment they would be looking to kick upwards so was surprised to see them right at the foot with the exception of the two teams who get thumped on an ongoing basis.
I'd say if they hadnt the better div.3 teams to deal with they would be doing better ie. in a proper Div.4, its hard to put a few hammerings behind you and maintain a positive mood in the camp.

Concernedspectator

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on July 31, 2017, 01:24:50 PM
Quote from: ciaran1988 on July 31, 2017, 12:43:20 PM

Who called Saul

Call me a cynic but is that not all so convenient days after getting rid of Raymond??

Leyland

Listen the whole thing is a disaster - we either got relegated with wats were going or drastic measure of getting rid of manager gave us a glimmer of hope. Raymond got a bad deal but again the majority of it lies at lack of leadership in club that allowed the appointment in first place.
We might avoid relegation we might not - but either way big changes needed at our place which I'm not sure will happen. Players must deliver their side of deal now

Tony Baloney

Was Raymond asked to take the job or did he put his name into an empty hat?

Leyland

He put name into empty hat and club AGM appointed him. He had went for minor job but lost it on a vote. My point is that our club should be actively looking for a manger not leaving it to anyone that puts name in hat following an ad in our local GAA bulletin that is read by 30-40 people max

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Leyland on July 31, 2017, 08:04:37 PM
He put name into empty hat and club AGM appointed him. He had went for minor job but lost it on a vote. My point is that our club should be actively looking for a manger not leaving it to anyone that puts name in hat following an ad in our local GAA bulletin that is read by 30-40 people max
Would agree. Raymond's a good lad so it shouldn't reflect poorly on him but if the town want to build on good work of the previous few years they need to put the best people in place. Some may argue that they let a better coaching team go across the mountain.

CitySlicker11

Who is taking Ballycastle now then?

Last Man

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on July 31, 2017, 10:35:26 PM
Given the recent history who would want to? There's probably issues on both sides and the players can't shoulder all the blame. A sad situation and a lesson to many's a club. Hopefully people can bite their lip and get this sorted.

Usain

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on July 31, 2017, 10:35:26 PM

Bamba & Gabriel Crawford

paddyjohn

TheGeneral

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 31, 2017, 08:16:57 PM
Quote from: Leyland on July 31, 2017, 08:04:37 PM
Would agree. Raymond's a good lad so it shouldn't reflect poorly on him but if the town want to build on good work of the previous few years they need to put the best people in place. Some may argue that they let a better coaching team go across the mountain.

Did part of said "better" coaching team not already have a crack at the whip with Ballycastle recently? and it didnt seem to work?

Maybe the money over the mountain was a better draw.
Goals win championships