Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 28, 2017, 10:52:20 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 26, 2017, 09:01:36 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 24, 2017, 11:16:11 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 24, 2017, 07:03:22 PM
I see liam sheedy tweeting about seaan elliot saying he is a serious player. Sounds like he could be a good one.

Well done to all involved.
Any reason why his name has a stupid spelling?

Its pronounced 'shan' and its the way its supposed to be spelt. A lot times he gets called Sean by mistake.

A quality player and one that ive had the joy to work with at U14 level. He has steadily improved as he has gotten older. Has 2 minor championships already and this is his first year as a minor.

Was he on the u21 team? If him, molloy and dogerty-cunning make it i suspect dunloy might take a bit of stopping in years to come.

yeah he was, played all of the games in the forwards. Conal and Keelan are both scoring well for the seniors in the league this year but it will take them time to grow into senior players along side the older lads. They are developing well but its good to see them in there and finding their feet.
hurl like f**k boi!

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: MoChara on June 28, 2017, 11:25:55 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 28, 2017, 11:08:39 PM
Quote from: ciaran1988 on June 28, 2017, 09:27:43 PM
Ballycastle hammered again tonight. 9-22 is a serious score to concede
Who were they playing?

Cushendall 9.22 to 1.9
And C'Dall were down to 14 for second half. Sad for any young Ballycastle players on the receiving end of these bad results.

Na Glinntí Glasa

makes no sense when you consider they were in the county final a few years back and looked like a team who could be pushing for county honours.

I know they have lost a few players and theres been chat of a fall out in the club but it shouldnt mean that they have went to the dogs like that. with all the good underage players they have had this past few years the reserves along shouldnt of been struggling to get players together. its a pity because we need a club like Ballycastle to be up there pushing Cdall and Lgiel for the top spot along with ourselves.
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 29, 2017, 10:27:35 AM
makes no sense when you consider they were in the county final a few years back and looked like a team who could be pushing for county honours.

I know they have lost a few players and theres been chat of a fall out in the club but it shouldnt mean that they have went to the dogs like that. with all the good underage players they have had this past few years the reserves along shouldnt of been struggling to get players together. its a pity because we need a club like Ballycastle to be up there pushing Cdall and Lgiel for the top spot along with ourselves.

I'd say you could count these on one hand and that's where the problem lays.

Usain

Quote from: NAG1 on June 29, 2017, 10:40:27 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 29, 2017, 10:27:35 AM

I'd say you could count these on one hand and that's where the problem lays.

Vast majority of them get overhyped too early in their careers before they even attend the first senior training session. They have sense of entitlement and when the wheels fall off blame the manager and either flee the country or go and play soccer...........

Hand up

The Ballycastle situation is sad to see from a North Antrim Hurling perspective. We all need each other as was previously

Mentioned to keep everybody pushing. The County teams Ballycastle and the Club needs a strong senior team as their shop window.
From an outsider their juvenile set up has a lot to answer for, some of the behaviour towards their own mentors and other club players has been a disgrace and not dealt with properly by the Committee.i have witnessed this myself on dozens of occasions. Another problem again aluded to above has been their attutide from winning with CPC seemes to gone to their heads, again i know this from a few Dall players on those teams that had their head up there arses when they won/contested B finals, (yes B final) We are maybe lucky to have a lot of strong characters in our team that wouldnt accept the crap thankfully.
Where do they go from here? Maybe a club hurling meeting invite everybody in with an interest  in McQuillans Gac ask a respected head to lead the conversation , perhaps someone of the calibre of Big Ronan.
Only my thoughts as I said but I hope to god they stop this for, the hammerings make bad headlines.

Usain

Quote from: Hand up on June 29, 2017, 01:03:22 PM
The Ballycastle situation is sad to see from a North Antrim Hurling perspective. We all need each other as was previously

Mentioned to keep everybody pushing. The County teams Ballycastle and the Club needs a strong senior team as their shop window.
From an outsider their juvenile set up has a lot to answer for, some of the behaviour towards their own mentors and other club players has been a disgrace and not dealt with properly by the Committee.i have witnessed this myself on dozens of occasions. Another problem again aluded to above has been their attutide from winning with CPC seemes to gone to their heads, again i know this from a few Dall players on those teams that had their head up there arses when they won/contested B finals, (yes B final) We are maybe lucky to have a lot of strong characters in our team that wouldnt accept the crap thankfully.
Where do they go from here? Maybe a club hurling meeting invite everybody in with an interest  in McQuillans Gac ask a respected head to lead the conversation , perhaps someone of the calibre of Big Ronan.
Only my thoughts as I said but I hope to god they stop this for, the hammerings make bad headlines.

Big Ronan was that well respected that the players got rid of him after getting to county final! Humpy was another respected figure who was ousted by players. Who would be more respected in Ballycastle hurling circles than Ronan and Humpy? Not many, and look at how they were treated.

Hand up

Did Ronan not walk himself!!

Usain

Quote from: Hand up on June 29, 2017, 04:01:41 PM
Did Ronan not walk himself!!

He may well have but what was it that made him walk? I think there were one or two getting very vocal towards him. Anyway, the club as a whole from top down need to sort their sh*t out

Na Glinntí Glasa

its disappointing to see it happen to the club. I've heard a few stories of fallout's but as others have said if a club legend like Humpy is outset then what hope will someone else have coming after them.

hopefully it gets resolved for the betterment of the club.
hurl like f**k boi!

Last Man

Sarsfields and Dungannon abandoned after 5 minutes supposedly today. Wouldn't have said either team had the potential for this. Anyone at it?

hurlingstick

Dunloy v Ballycastle off tonight??? what the hell?  Was looking forward to it.

theskull1

Match is off. 'What the hell?' sums it up
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Mcquillans man

To put it simply , we haven't got the players anymore. If you look at the county final 2 years ago we only have , ryan McGarry , Matty , Neil , kb , Clarkey and James Mcshane still hurling . All boys here went away to work or travel for a year . Most of the boys that played against cdall the other night wouldn't start in a good reserve team , but fair play to them because they are the boys at training and what can the current manager do but work with what he has got . All the talk about Ronan is pure dribble in the previous comments , Ronan done a good job and left because of his business was suffering because of it . great to see so many people talking about the club but it's just a pittt it's not for the right reasons . Hopefully things will start to improve and this club gets back to were otvdeserves to be and competing with the other big teams ..

Glentaisie

Quote from: Mcquillans man on July 02, 2017, 06:37:43 PM
To put it simply , we haven't got the players anymore. If you look at the county final 2 years ago we only have , ryan McGarry , Matty , Neil , kb , Clarkey and James Mcshane still hurling . All boys here went away to work or travel for a year . Most of the boys that played against cdall the other night wouldn't start in a good reserve team , but fair play to them because they are the boys at training and what can the current manager do but work with what he has got . All the talk about Ronan is pure dribble in the previous comments , Ronan done a good job and left because of his business was suffering because of it . great to see so many people talking about the club but it's just a pittt it's not for the right reasons . Hopefully things will start to improve and this club gets back to were otvdeserves to be and competing with the other big teams ..

Agree with most of that though I'd give great credit to the boys going to training and sticiking at it while getting hammered.  Also to the manager who has worked with these boys and brought in some top quality coaching.  Pity some "first teamers" weren't there to take advantage of it.  Also the bit in bold - we don't deserve to be anywhere other than where we are and until players start playing for the jersey & and the club instead of their own big heads we won't deserve to be anywhere else.