Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 24, 2017, 08:47:14 AM
all cancelled due to the CR cup matches being on.

Our reserves beat Loughgiel for once, makes a change with a bit of structure there in the reserves this time. Last year i think we only played 4/5 games which is no use at all.

One good thing to come out of sat was that i could laugh at that Carlow radio commentators as we beat them. Christ they were hard to listen to for the duration to.

We'd CR games on as well and ended up with lads playing both days!! I'd say we'd have gotten a short shift from Saffron vision if we'd look to cancel because of it.

Will our game with you go ahead this Sunday, you think?

Last Man

Quote from: johnneycool on April 24, 2017, 08:41:34 AM
Quote from: Last Man on April 23, 2017, 12:30:38 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 22, 2017, 08:46:06 PM
Well done to our hurlers
Carlow must be sick looking at us
Carlow will be sick they didnt finish us for they dominated for large parts of the game. Fair play to these boys for grinding Carlow down, starting players and subs deserve huge credit but theres no denying McManus is the heartbeat of the team.

And there's a very good chance you'll end up playing them again the way the CR is structured.

What happened all the Div1 league games yesterday, only two games played it seems?
Yes I'd say so, Carlow were well improved from Newry. Our forwards were living off scraps for long periods but the video will show plenty we can improve on as well. Another nail biter in store.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: johnneycool on April 24, 2017, 10:24:06 AM

Our reserves beat Loughgiel for once, makes a change with a bit of structure there in the reserves this time. Last year i think we only played 4/5 games which is no use at all.

One good thing to come out of sat was that i could laugh at that Carlow radio commentators as we beat them. Christ they were hard to listen to for the duration to.

We'd CR games on as well and ended up with lads playing both days!! I'd say we'd have gotten a short shift from Saffron vision if we'd look to cancel because of it.

I hope so, yesterday was a good day and a double header over against Loughgiel would of been perfect but sadly the game was called off.

What sort of match was it between yourselves and Cmills? seemed tight enough from the score
hurl like f**k boi!

north aontroim gael

Its great to see Cloughmills competing in Division 1. They have come on massively in the past 20 years. Whilst they will struggle against Div 1 teams the whole club deserves great credit.

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 24, 2017, 02:49:46 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on April 24, 2017, 10:24:06 AM

I hope so, yesterday was a good day and a double header over against Loughgiel would of been perfect but sadly the game was called off.

What sort of match was it between yourselves and Cmills? seemed tight enough from the score

Bit of a strong breeze blowing with both teams deploying a sweeper which IMO always keeps the scoring down.
Cmills are strong enough up the middle and we'd more joy when we kept the ball moving wide but we're young and light and lost too many 50/50 balls, some due to over passing and poor passing. First run out for some this year and a couple noticeably jaded from their exertions the previous day with Down.
We're going to struggle this year, I think no one in the club is under any illusions about that but as long as the young lads learn and learn fast how to compete then we can build from there.

paddyjohn

Antrim Vs Down fixed for Cushendall at 2pm on Saturday.

Usain

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 24, 2017, 04:28:48 PM

McManus getting married on Saturday? Will he play............

paddyjohn

Quote from: Usain on April 25, 2017, 10:25:16 AM

Be handy if the wedding was in Cdall! Think his Mrs to be is a dunloy lady.

Megaman

If we cant beat Down without McManus, we shouldn't bother with the rest of the CR.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Megaman on April 25, 2017, 10:43:45 AM
If we cant beat Down without McManus, we shouldn't bother with the rest of the CR.

True...

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 25, 2017, 10:36:16 AM

Aye she is, joint captain of our senior camogs as well.

hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 25, 2017, 03:16:52 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on April 25, 2017, 10:36:16 AM

Aye she is, joint captain of our senior camogs as well.

Pity our main pitch is still closed, could have had the match in Dunloy

Schedule

Get married
Jump over the fence
Play match
Go get photos
Evening function

What's the problem 😀
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

exactly, it would of been win win for everyone!

Up to clubrooms after match for beers to celebrate then onwards to the function and bring everyone who was at the match with you! lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Larnegaa on April 27, 2017, 12:44:57 PM
Anyone know the results of Countess of Antrim semi's last night?  Games any good?
Apparently a controversial draw in Ruairis v Oisins match.

Larnegaa

What happened.  Any date for replay?