Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cmills abu

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 21, 2016, 02:07:58 PM
Quote from: Cmills abu on November 21, 2016, 01:39:48 PM
Bookies have emmetts as 3rd favs above the Galway team and ourselves. A very strong Rossa team only heat Kilburn by couple of points 2 years ago. It will be our toughest game to date but like what people have said you just don't know with London teams. Anyway worry about that in Jan...

Enjoy the celebrations and the worry of booking floodlit pitches during December.

👍 Thankfully we have a good relationship with a few clubs with that facility.

paddyjohn

Any news on the county panel for next year yet?

Na Glinntí Glasa

they are training away at the moment, out last night as far as i know. seems to be a fair few training at the moment with them. Shortys back training with them which is great to see
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 25, 2016, 11:17:02 AM
they are training away at the moment, out last night as far as i know. seems to be a fair few training at the moment with them. Shortys back training with them which is great to see

Really? His call I suppose  :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

hurlingstick

I'd love to see them win the National League and Christy Ring. Our county needs a boost.

MoChara

Who's taking the team is it still sambo woody Peden and okane?

hurlingstick

Yeah, same management team more or less.

hurlingstick

There's a real apathy about the county at the minute with regards to senior hurling management. So many clubs have little expression of interest from persons willing to take on the role. I'm sure there are different reasons in each club. It's a shame we need good men to drive these teams on.

We'll know the vast majority of management teams over the next 2 weeks or so. Will be interesting.

Na Glinntí Glasa

do you mean for the club sides hurlingstick?
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

Yeah DR .....I'm aware of 3 or 4 good clubs struggling to fill the vacancy.

Usain

Quote from: hurlingstick on November 29, 2016, 10:35:51 AM

I've heard that Ballycastle don't have anyone interested in the job. That is stunning to say the least. Large club like that which should be pushing on for a senior cship with the talent they have at their disposal. Final appearance only two years ago. What's going on here?

Last Man

Quote from: Usain on November 30, 2016, 10:24:06 AM
Quote from: hurlingstick on November 29, 2016, 10:35:51 AM

I've heard that Ballycastle don't have anyone interested in the job. That is stunning to say the least. Large club like that which should be pushing on for a senior cship with the talent they have at their disposal. Final appearance only two years ago. What's going on here?

Clubs and players have a lot to answer for...there is an unjustified sense of entitlement and expectation in todays generation that makes the life of the volunteer club manager far less rewarding.
There is little or no appreciation for the sacrafices that have to be made to fulfill the role so the days of the paid manager are only around the corner as much as i hate the thought of it.

hurlingstick

A father sent his child to shake my hand and say thank you for the season at the end of the summer. It meant the world to me. Another child in the club who I've been picking up from his door for three years to bring to matches, His mother has never thanked me once.

Clubs need to instill proper attitudes in players right from the beginning. Ultimately they learn more from attitudes at home. Once they hit 14/15 their friends are their biggest influence and therefore the more children with the correct attitude and discipline the greater chance of success in a club.

Some clubs focus on a few star players at underage and end up suffering at senior level as a result. Those players think they've an entitlement and become spoilt because they got away with certain behaviours. Clubs need to be inclusive now - every child matters and plays. These are the future players and volunteers of the club. If they were brought up with the right principles they'll pass those on.

Sadly too many people disagree with this line of thinking.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hurlingstick on November 30, 2016, 12:34:34 PM
A father sent his child to shake my hand and say thank you for the season at the end of the summer. It meant the world to me. Another child in the club who I've been picking up from his door for three years to bring to matches, His mother has never thanked me once.

Clubs need to instill proper attitudes in players right from the beginning. Ultimately they learn more from attitudes at home. Once they hit 14/15 their friends are their biggest influence and therefore the more children with the correct attitude and discipline the greater chance of success in a club.

Some clubs focus on a few star players at underage and end up suffering at senior level as a result. Those players think they've an entitlement and become spoilt because they got away with certain behaviours. Clubs need to be inclusive now - every child matters and plays. These are the future players and volunteers of the club. If they were brought up with the right principles they'll pass those on.

You should tell your wife to bring him instead  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

hurlingstick

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2016, 12:51:21 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on November 30, 2016, 12:34:34 PM

You should tell your wife to bring him instead  ;)

Very quick MR2 .....clip on the ear if my kid was anything but respectful and Mannerly to a volunteer!!