Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 08, 2016, 08:26:43 PM
Think Cushendall will beat Rossa by 6-8 points. C'Dall should be too good but I expect a battle.

L'Giel to beat Ballycastle by the same amount. Ballycastle were very relient on frees the last day & haven't reached last years form. It's very quiet over in Loughgiel at the minute (especially the posters in here). That's a good sign..they're my favourites for the C'Ship.
;)  ;)  ;)

Jesusjones

Disappointed in Ballycastle, when plan A didn't work they had no plan B. The amount of ball that landed in and around the square in the second half that the town failed to take advantage of was criminal. A horrible day to try and play hurling. Impressed with Mel Connolly on the frees, he had a poor start missing the first 2 but he composed himself and hit some super frees, particularly in the second half into that breeze. I think you have both teams into a final without either truly showing their full hand but having come through the tougher side of the draw and having been the most consistent team in the league Loughgiel will start as favorites.   

hurlingstick

Thought Damon McMullan was man of the match ......think the bookies will probably disagree with you on who favourites are.

Jesusjones

The way the county board choose venues the final will probably be on the top of orra mountain... At night.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 11, 2016, 06:38:17 PM
The way the county board choose venues the final will probably be on the top of orra mountain... At night.

Can you complain about Glenravel today? Where did you park at?

hurlingstick

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 11, 2016, 06:42:23 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on September 11, 2016, 06:38:17 PM

Can you complain about Glenravel today? Where did you park at?

I parked in the field. 45 mins to get out so it wasn't too bad. Pedestrians and cars coming and going from the same 2 metre wide entrance/exit ......recipe for disaster. Thankfully it seems to have passed without accident. I got in early against the fence and viewing was spot on. Wouldn't want to be behind though.

Jesusjones

Personally I can't complain about Glenravel but thats because I arrived an hour before throw in, got a good parking spot in the field close to the exit and got in along the fence to watch the match. Those who had to sit in a field for 45 minutes to an hour trying to get home or had to try and see the match from the 2nd or 3rd row have every right to complain.

btdtgtt

Final venue?
Assume ballycastle.
Outside chance Cushendall?

Jesusjones

It'll hardly be in Cushendall. Ballycastle would be just fine. Plenty of parking and concrete steps on both sides so folks can see.

Two Hands FFS

More chance of Casement getting the final than Cushendall for what I thought would be obvious reasons  ;)

paddyjohn

Saul McCaughan seemed in a bad way when he was coming out of the dressing rooms. Must of taken a serious knock

hurlingstick

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 11, 2016, 07:26:53 PM
Saul McCaughan seemed in a bad way when he was coming out of the dressing rooms. Must of taken a serious knock

He's a great player and a great lad hope he's OK.

Hectic

Wind did not help the game, low return for Ballycastle from the number of long balls into full forward line in the second half though had the shot that smacked the bar went in the net it could have been game on with 15 to go. Despite that Loughgiel looked comfortable.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on September 11, 2016, 07:49:07 PM
Wind did not help the game, low return for Ballycastle from the number of long balls into full forward line in the second half though had the shot that smacked the bar went in the net it could have been game on with 15 to go. Despite that Loughgiel looked comfortable.

You get in and out of Glenravel ok??

Hectic

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 11, 2016, 07:56:38 PM
Quote from: Hectic on September 11, 2016, 07:49:07 PM

You get in and out of Glenravel ok??

Yeah not too bad, got parked in the field about half 3 so was there in good time. Was about 6 by the time I got out of the field but it was about 20 to when I got to the car so not so bad either and once on the road there was a pretty clear run. Could have done with a wider entrance to the field or a second entrance for pedestrians as it was one or the other but that aside done the job though I'd say if you were cutting it finer for time it could have been heavy enough given the volume of traffic on the road when I was walking to the pitch.