Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesusjones

I'm more than happy to play Rossa in Belfast at a ground that accommodates people watching a match but Corrigan is a disaster if a half decent crowd shows up. I'm not a fan of Ballymena either. The days of spectators, especially young kids and pensioners having to watch a match on a steep grass hill should be over. Ballycastle, Loughgiel, Dunloy, ourselves and others have proper concrete terracing and room for parking. That's where the big matches should be. A double header and a tenner in for the 2 games would have been the right option.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 03, 2016, 12:09:38 PM
I'm more than happy to play Rossa in Belfast at a ground that accommodates people watching a match but Corrigan is a disaster if a half decent crowd shows up. I'm not a fan of Ballymena either. The days of spectators, especially young kids and pensioners having to watch a match on a steep grass hill should be over. Ballycastle, Loughgiel, Dunloy, ourselves and others have proper concrete terracing and room for parking. That's where the big matches should be. A double header and a tenner in for the 2 games would have been the right option.
Not enough money in that idea JJ.  :-\
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jesusjones

Loughgiel refuse to field in the league today?

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 03, 2016, 12:09:38 PM

Exactly. It's not that the game is in Belfast that wrankles, it's the fact that it's being held in a substandard facility when better alternatives are available.

btdtgtt

Corrigan not good enough. 
Despite being good enough to host inter-county games this year.

Go get your prawn sandwiches and corporate seats lads.

Get over yourselves.

Hand up

Let's Face it, the facility is good enough to hold the 47 people that turn up to the National Football league matches!! The pitch itself isn't great, too small, poor parking and poor for spectators, particularly if it's wet!! The Johnnies will organise it to the best of their ability though. It Should have been in NA to draw a crowd, but because the usual line we have to help Hurling in The City!! but Belfast gaels won't turn out anyway

btdtgtt

Quote from: Hand up on September 03, 2016, 07:03:43 PM
Let's Face it, the facility is good enough to hold the 47 people that turn up to the National Football league matches!! The pitch itself isn't great, too small, poor parking and poor for spectators, particularly if it's wet!! The Johnnies will organise it to the best of their ability though. It Should have been in NA to draw a crowd, but because the usual line we have to help Hurling in The City!! but Belfast gaels won't turn out anyway

The changing face of the GAA.
One hour journey too long and no heated seats for your wee back side.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 03, 2016, 03:00:01 PM
Loughgiel refuse to field in the league today?
I heard it's to be re-fixed for another date.

Hand up

It won't be refixed now, as it was Loughgeil who agreed to that date, and the excuses where complete bull!! We did you a favour and you've been avoiding this match for 5 months, for what reason?? It's cost us a lot of Gate money and probably created uneeded animosity between the clubs.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Hand up on September 03, 2016, 10:36:04 PM
It won't be refixed now, as it was Loughgeil who agreed to that date, and the excuses where complete bull!! We did you a favour and you've been avoiding this match for 5 months, for what reason?? It's cost us a lot of Gate money and probably created uneeded animosity between the clubs.
only repeating what i heard. Settle.

theskull1

As a good will gesture Loughgiel should compensate the dall
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gizzy15

Quote from: theskull1 on September 03, 2016, 11:01:57 PM

Compensation will be based on an average gate between two city teams though

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 04, 2016, 12:13:20 AM

2d and thruppence?   :P

paddyjohn

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 04, 2016, 12:35:51 AM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 04, 2016, 12:13:20 AM

2d and thruppence?   :P

These city Gaels have an awful complex..

Jesusjones

No prawn sandwiches but it would be nice to not have to stand on a hill like a ski jump or try and watch a match through 6 foot high chicken wire.