Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The stig

If my memory serves me right I think loughgiel's recent championship record in glenravel is poor

Two Hands FFS

Glenravel isnt good for spectators trying to view the match. Thought it should have been in Cushendall. Armou would have been a better choice than Glenravel

MoChara

Cushendall and Loughgiel could be a bit of litmus test tomorrow for how the championship will go

btdtgtt

Rossa v Cushendall expected to be in Corrigan.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: MoChara on September 02, 2016, 05:12:51 PM
Cushendall and Loughgiel could be a bit of litmus test tomorrow for how the championship will go

I doubt it very much. Neither team will show their full hand.

Jesusjones

Jesus could they come up with 2 worse venues for spectators? Corrigan in particular is abysmal.

hurlingstick

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 02, 2016, 07:11:23 PM
Jesus could they come up with 2 worse venues for spectators? Corrigan in particular is abysmal.

Agreed. I'm really disappointed. I'm starting to wonder how poor this new county board are. A recent experience with two of them was not good! Armoy has junior and intermediate final .....it had intermediate final last year too. There's no elevated area at Glenravel......this could be a bad move in more ways than one.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 02, 2016, 07:11:23 PM

Where would you prefer it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hurlingballs

Cushendall v shamrocks match not on tomorrow, cushendall Have been given the points

Two Hands FFS

Let's be honest here. More people go to matches if held in North Antrim. Last years championship proved that. Big crowds, great atmosphere & good facilities.
The attendance at St John's v Rossa was terrible for a championship match with two teams playing on their doorstep. Awful. They put the first semi final at Corrigan because the city clubs always complain they get screwed over (bullshit).
For Cushendall v Rossa...Ballymena is half way....good viewing with bank on far side!
The other semi final...definitely not Glenravel...poor viewing. Parking is poor.

The county board made a total mess of these fixtures.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2016, 10:45:35 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 02, 2016, 10:38:25 PM
Awful. They put the first semi final at Corrigan because the city clubs always complain they get screwed over (bullshit).

FFS
I heard a good few complaints before the venue was set about where in North Antrim Rossa would be sent to.
Maybe I shouldn't have said 'always' to be fair.

hurlingstick

Let's be honest here. More people go to matches if held in North Antrim. Last years championship proved that. Big crowds, great atmosphere & good facilities.
The attendance at St John's v Rossa was terrible for a championship match with two teams playing on their doorstep. Awful. They put the first semi final at Corrigan because the city clubs always complain they get screwed over (bullshit).
For Cushendall v Rossa...Ballymena is half way....good viewing with bank on far side!
The other semi final...definitely not Glenravel...poor viewing. Parking is poor.

The county board made a total mess of these fixtures.

They have made a mess ..... Cushendal for the Loughiel v Ballycastle game would have been better. Think Dunloy is ruled out. Armoy is a great pitch and a great ground.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2016, 10:50:22 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 02, 2016, 10:48:06 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2016, 10:45:35 PM
Awful. They put the first semi final at Corrigan because the city clubs always complain they get screwed over (bullshit).

FFS
I heard a good few complaints before the venue was set about where in North Antrim Rossa would be sent to.
Maybe I shouldn't have said 'always' to be fair.
Yeah, it's right up there with the "City clubs don't fulfil their juvenile fixtures...."
Who said that?
My point was that both venues were poor choices! Glenravel is an even worse choice.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2016, 10:54:05 PM
North Antrim Board at the last county convention. They kindly retracted it after being presented with evidence to the contrary.
Well I didn't know that...but my point still stands that the semi final venues are wrong.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 02, 2016, 10:56:45 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 02, 2016, 10:54:05 PM
North Antrim Board at the last county convention. They kindly retracted it after being presented with evidence to the contrary.
Well I didn't know that...but my point still stands that the semi final venues are wrong.

Because you said they are wrong??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea